Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion
Posted: 13 October 2012 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 616 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8697
Joined  2007-11-06
atryeu - 13 October 2012 05:30 PM
Lindsey - 13 October 2012 11:50 AM

More great deals in the new Category sale: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/clothing-accessories/

Grabbed a bunch of Genesis content $2.54 or less that are not PC items!

I wish they would stop changing the prices on everything over and over -_- Yesterday early in the morning there was a bunch of things at really good discounts but a few hours later the prices doubled (for example, Genesis Ethnic Bundle was $8 then jumped up to the $16). Other items went down in price though yesterday and I had grabbed the Anime Dress + Textures and Percy for each under $2 as well as that Ruffle Bikini to boost the price up to nearly the full $6 so I could get the most out of my coupon. Yesterday, Ruffle Bikini was only 74c, and today it’s $1.49. 

Anybody know what keeps going on with the prices bouncing around like crazy? :(

I hear they’ve been having a tough time with the sales prices—a lot of Genesis stuff got extra discounts applied when they created the sale category for them, then they fixed those, I’m still seeing some items with weird discounts, either too much or too little.  If I see something I want at more than 75% off, I assume it’s a mistake and get it fast before it gets fixed.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 617 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2004-06-27

grin IMHO there are not hot air pop streams at DAZ, just depress holes. That means saving money needs to be reflexive. Fast grab is a nice training room for that, and buying self gift-certificates is a good idea to prevent inking kilometric long credit card reports.

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 618 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

I didn’t have time to grab any of the goodies first thing yesterday morning :( Stupid dialup takes it’s sweet time to load anything and I had to get ready to leave for town within the hour after waking up so I had just clicked the “Add to Cart” because I knew the secure pages wouldn’t load before I had to go :( 

I did grab the 4 items with my coupon yesterday that were at discounted prices. I see a few things again today that are cheaper than they were yesterday. I can’t spend much this month though so I have to figure out which I want -_-

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 619 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2012-06-27

atryeu, I feel your pain. Ended up taking a several big ticket items out of my cart after I was able to come back online. The earlier prices yesterday finally seemed reasonable, especially for a special sale like a 10th annual anniversary. Afterwards, they were back to being unreasonable. Oh well… It will probably be a while before a reasonable price for gen5 figures comes up. Plus what kind of tweaked out percentage is 58% off for a 10th anniversary sale. It makes no sense.

So does anyone have a link to the clothes and accessories on sale right now? The official one in the “shop > sales & promotions” just points generically to the entire category, not the sale items.  Also how long do you think this one is supposed to last?  Thanks smile

Posted: 13 October 2012 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 620 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  923
Joined  2003-10-09

I just went to the sale category http://www.daz3d.com/shop/clothing-accessories/ andI selected DAZ 3D in the Vendor filter and sort by Release Date with the arrow pointing down so the most recent are at the top. Haven’t come across anything yet that says when this particular DO category sale ends.

I just noticed the Sale picture on the promotions pages says “Plus save on select Genesis items” which explains the generous discounts on the Genesis items I bought.

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 621 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8697
Joined  2007-11-06

Sale ends Mon 10/15

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 622 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12
meghan - 13 October 2012 08:54 PM

Plus what kind of tweaked out percentage is 58% off for a 10th anniversary sale. It makes no sense.

58% is what you get when you stack a 30% sale with a 40% PC discount.  The 40% is 10 percentage points more than the usual 30% discount, which does make sense for a 10th anniversary sale.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 623 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2012-06-27

Sorry, I should have been clearer about what I meant by ‘tweaked out’. 58% is derived based on stacked discounts and that’s what I consider the problem. It’s a kludgey discount amount. A final amount of 58% off just highlights Daz’s nebulous marketing strategies. On a side-note, adding an extra 10% to the usual 30% club discount seems kinda stingy for a 10th-year anniversary.

Posted: 14 October 2012 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 624 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

Yes.  I was aware it was a Genesis Only outfit.  I just rather expected new products to be usable in Poser now that DAZ and SM have a Genesis solution implemented for Poser that does not require DAZ Studio to be installed on a computer.

Kinda hard to convert yourself if you’re one of those customers unable to run DS4 :wink:

Lindsey - 13 October 2012 12:01 PM
Satira Capriccio - 13 October 2012 11:40 AM

Caput Caseum doesn’t seem to be available in Poser.  It’s only in the People folder under My Library and doesn’t show up anywhere in the Runtime folder.  Took me forever to find it in Explorer!

larsmidnatt - 12 October 2012 12:55 PM

looks like new DO’s in the store. Looks like they were saving the good new Genesis stuff for the Poser users to show up.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/caput-caseum
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/caput-caseum-textures
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/classic-swimwear-genesis

At least they finally put some Genesis stuff out. too bad they were holding themselves back…

Uhh… It’s a Genesis outfit.  You’ll need to generate Poser Companion files with the new version of DS4.5 (4.5.1.6) or wait for DAZ to update the installers with the Poser Companion files (for use with the DSON Importer for Poser).

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 14 October 2012 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 625 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2006-03-19

Vendors are slowly updating some of their most popular packs. It’s pretty safe to say that most packs coming out now will have .duf support.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 626 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  923
Joined  2003-10-09
Satira Capriccio - 14 October 2012 11:46 AM

Yes.  I was aware it was a Genesis Only outfit.  I just rather expected new products to be usable in Poser now that DAZ and SM have a Genesis solution implemented for Poser that does not require DAZ Studio to be installed on a computer.

Kinda hard to convert yourself if you’re one of those customers unable to run DS4 :wink:

Lindsey - 13 October 2012 12:01 PM
Satira Capriccio - 13 October 2012 11:40 AM

Caput Caseum doesn’t seem to be available in Poser.  It’s only in the People folder under My Library and doesn’t show up anywhere in the Runtime folder.  Took me forever to find it in Explorer!

larsmidnatt - 12 October 2012 12:55 PM

looks like new DO’s in the store. Looks like they were saving the good new Genesis stuff for the Poser users to show up.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/caput-caseum
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/caput-caseum-textures
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/classic-swimwear-genesis

At least they finally put some Genesis stuff out. too bad they were holding themselves back…

Uhh… It’s a Genesis outfit.  You’ll need to generate Poser Companion files with the new version of DS4.5 (4.5.1.6) or wait for DAZ to update the installers with the Poser Companion files (for use with the DSON Importer for Poser).

\

I am noticing the Additional Information tab on a product page has being updated on the Additional Information Tab with “DSON Importer for Poser” in the Compatible 3D Software box, although I saw at least one item on the DSON product category (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all/), Genesis Ranger is missing that info even though that product was updated with the DSON Poser Companion files.  Go figure..

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 627 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  551
Joined  2005-09-12
Lindsey - 14 October 2012 04:50 PM

I am noticing the Additional Information tab on a product page has being updated on the Additional Information Tab with “DSON Importer for Poser” in the Compatible 3D Software box, although I saw at least one item on the DSON product category (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all/), Genesis Ranger is missing that info even though that product was updated with the DSON Poser Companion files.  Go figure..

And you were expecting consistency from DAZ because . . .?

Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 14 October 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 628 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi, I have 3 coupons, a bonus coupon, a platinum club coupon and spend $100, and I have a whole lot of things in my cart.  Each time I add one of these coupons the other coupon I just put in seems to stop working.  How do I make all 3 of them “take” please?
Love esther

Posted: 14 October 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 629 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12

You can only use one coupon per order.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 14 October 2012 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 630 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2003-10-09

so i should remove some of the huge big cartful I have and do it 3 times.  eeek.  That’s just such a silly system.

42 of 56