Digital Art Zone

Victoria/genesis posing question
Posted: 01 October 2012 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2010-12-30

When I pose Victoria/genesis for example, her hand is touching her shoulder, the hand “merges” with the shoulder or the fingers pass through her shoulder. How do I make a pose without her body parts merging or passing through with her other body parts? Like it’s perfectly touching.

Posted: 02 October 2012 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6682
Joined  2005-08-15

I take it that you are using DAZ Sudio?

What you want would require Collision Detection, and that is not available inside DS.  Even if it did have it, it would still require some kind of physics to make the ‘touch’ look realistic by indenting the skin?

Posted: 02 October 2012 03:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16092
Joined  2003-10-09

Well in poser I would edit my pose by using the collar, should and lower arm parameters and minor adjustments until I got the pose completely right. Fiddly, but is what parameter dials are for.  Or am I wrong ?

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 02 October 2012 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Are you posing her by hand, or applying a pose preset? If you’re posing by hand, then you need to adjust the pose (try dragging the hand in the viewport and the IK will make the movement smooth).

If you’re using V4 poses on Genesis and vice versa, you will find this happening on hands and feet due to the different skeleton & rigging between the figures. PoseMaster (link in my sig) transfers poses between figures so that this does not happen all the time (it will still occur from time to time depending on the extremity of the pose).

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.