Digital Art Zone

DS 4.5 Advanced Render Settings Question
Posted: 01 October 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2011-09-12

Does DS4.5 have the same Render Settings as 4.0, particularly the Advanced Settings?

I made a list of the best Advanced Settings someone provided a link to several months ago, but am wondering if they apply to 4.5 or are still the best. All I know is, they work for me, but if I upgrade to 4.5 and there are new improved settings, I’d like to know that too.

Also, I never have found out what RIB and the sub-settings are underneath that in 4.0. Never got an explanation. Should that be left unchecked?

Posted: 01 October 2012 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Yes, DS4 and DS4.5 use the same settings, you fine on that part. RIB is a way to save a scene to be rendered in the FULL 3DeLight render engine, as far as I know. I’ve never needed it.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 01 October 2012 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8241
Joined  2009-05-14

Jad is correct RIB is what you chose when wanting to render with the 3Delight External render engine

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 01 October 2012 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-12

JadeRail and Szark,

I am using the 3Delight engine, but are you saying I still don’t need RIB? I’ve never used it.

Posted: 01 October 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

DS has 3Delight built in as the render engine. You can also get the Stand alone version of 3Delight. The RIB setting is for if you want to render the scene you save as RIB in the Standalone version. You only need it if you use that to render with. If you render with the DS built in version you will not need to use RIB as a setting for your renders.

I hope that helps.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 01 October 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-12

OK, thanks. Yes that helps   smile