Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Autofit and previous Gen 3 and 4 Conversions
Posted: 30 September 2012 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2231
Joined  2005-09-05

So I’m finally at the point where I’m trying to convert all my older stuff to Genesis and I thought I might share my journey with others in the hope that I can show what autofit is now capable of and also that I might pick up a few hints from others. Feel free to post your conversions using autofit…

Starting with Kiyoko in DNA’s Morphing Gown…Fisty’s Crushed velvet shader and IG’s simple softbox light

Image Attachments
kiyokomorphinggown.png
 Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 30 September 2012 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05

Some less interesting renders more a proof of concept

basic genesis, chibigirl and mavka…this one still needs some work and I’ve actually done a skirt fix but no renders yet.

Image Attachments
everafterbasicshapefixed.pngchibigirleverafterfulllength.pngmavkaeverafter.png
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 30 September 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05

The dress for V3

Basic Genesis first with no adjustments…second changing smoothing to generic and adjusting smoothing iterations and both weight options.

Note: that adjusting settings seems to have cleared up the stretching in the front of the dress.

Image Attachments
Thedressno_adjustments.pngThedress_generic_smoothing_weight_changed.png
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 01 October 2012 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05

A couple more of the dress to show how well it takes the different shapes…

Mr Hyde, Mavka, Nata,

Image Attachments
Thedress_nata.pngThedress_mavka.pngThedress_Mr_Hyde.png
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 05 October 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2006-05-14

I haven’t bought the Gen 3 morphs yet. How does it work? Does it just install into genesis and you just load up the Gen 3 clothing (and select M3 or V3 during the auto fit menu?) Also, have you been having problems with shoes using Gen 3 shoes because I think everyone gets the crumpled shoes when using M4 shoes.

Posted: 05 October 2012 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4895
Joined  2009-02-26
Pendraia - 30 September 2012 11:57 PM

The dress for V3

Basic Genesis first with no adjustments…second changing smoothing to generic and adjusting smoothing iterations and both weight options.

Note: that adjusting settings seems to have cleared up the stretching in the front of the dress.

That’s awesome! Would you be kind enough to elaborate on the adjusting smoothing iterations and weight options… I have many clothing that I’ve transferred to genesis, and they all get that strange mesh scrunching up and stretching (like in the first pic of the dress on default genesis) I’d love to learn it better… Thanks smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 05 October 2012 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Jake__Russel - 05 October 2012 04:47 AM

I haven’t bought the Gen 3 morphs yet. How does it work? Does it just install into genesis and you just load up the Gen 3 clothing (and select M3 or V3 during the auto fit menu?) Also, have you been having problems with shoes using Gen 3 shoes because I think everyone gets the crumpled shoes when using M4 shoes.

When you buy the gen3 iconic figures you also get their clones for the autofit tool.

It then works the same as any autofit…either when the garment loads or when you use the fit to option in the parameter tab, you get to choose which figure the autofit will use and which template.  I often use the loose bodysuit option even with dresses as it doesn’t cling to the figure shape as much. Basically I play with the different settings to see which will give the best results.
Once autofitted if it needs it I add a smoothing modifier in the scene tab. Then I play with the settings for the smoothing in the parameters tab.

Shoes seem to cause the most problems…some because they aren’t welded together and some just don’t convert well.

Some shoes do fare well though, for example the shoes from the m4 puck outfit transferred beautifully but the boots from wildenlander didn’t because they came apart at the seams literally. A lot depends on how the meshes are designed.

The DNA morphing gown worked beautifully but the ever after dress needed an adjustment morph mainly due to the layering and the lack of welding.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with it. I converted the puck outfit and used it with a Sadie and Mavka mix…I posted pics in the threads on Sadie if you’re interested.  I have more images to post but it will have to wait until I’m on my computer.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 05 October 2012 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Every pair of shoes i have for gen 4 dont convert well at all for genesis.

Signature 

Posted: 05 October 2012 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Spyro - 05 October 2012 05:10 AM
Pendraia - 30 September 2012 11:57 PM

The dress for V3

That’s awesome! Would you be kind enough to elaborate on the adjusting smoothing iterations and weight options… I have many clothing that I’ve transferred to genesis, and they all get that strange mesh scrunching up and stretching (like in the first pic of the dress on default genesis) I’d love to learn it better… Thanks smile

First…I’m not an expert. I’d be the first to admit I’m not sure what some do and why/how.

First setting I normally play with is the smoothing modifier option…I’ve found that generic shape seems to be the one I choose the most.

Smoothing iterations is the next one. I try to keep that under the halfway mark mainly as the higher it is the more likely it will freeze my system.

The first of the weight options I tend to think of it as being the weight of the fabric but I highly doubt that’s what it actually is…like I said not an expert. Lol

I tend to move that towards the right hand side but I use it sparingly.

The second weight option tends to be just the left of the first.

Lock distance seems to effect how far the mesh can move…I can’t explain exactly but you’ll see what I mean when you play with it.

I tend to just move them around until I get a result that I like.  I’ve recently decided that it’s probably better to create any adjustment morphs on an unsmoothed mesh, mainly because you’ll lose less of the original draping and then use smoothing to fix any minor problems.

I’ve been saving them as wearable presets…unfortunately this is not a format I can share as it embeds the geometry.

Hope this helps…

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 05 October 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Spyro - 05 October 2012 05:35 AM

Every pair of shoes i have for gen 4 dont convert well at all for genesis.

I was surprised that the puck ones did… The gen3 shoes are supposed to convert better due to zeroed position of the feet iirc.  The 19th century shoes for d3 converted well also. I’ll try and post some pics before going to bed. I’m watching sanctuary and checking messages on the iPad at the moment.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 05 October 2012 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Thank you very much! I’ll give it all a go. There’s so many of these adjustments that I never thought of LOL

Thanks cheese

Signature 

Posted: 05 October 2012 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Spyro - 05 October 2012 05:46 AM

Thank you very much! I’ll give it all a go. There’s so many of these adjustments that I never thought of LOL

Thanks cheese

No problem as I said I just play and if I can’t get the result with the smoothing modifier I’ll send it to Hexagon and create a morph.

Here’s the puck images and the 19th century suit…

also the s3 grecoroman chiton and himation…that required a morph due to all the layering and I’m still not happy with some of what happens with some shapes. I’m still trying to work out how to create the morphs for the different shapes…I’ve had problems when sending them back to DS. Still have to figure that out…; )

Image Attachments
Puck.pngsam_test_fashion_lights.pngSadie_chablis_texture_with_kiyoko_2.png
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

What happens if you miss polygons when converting to Genesis? Has it ever happened to you?

I have looked into the Transfer utility, and it is only on one arm that the polygons are missing, the other side is perfect. Converting to Weight-map seemed to work, it was only when I applied the Transfer utility that the results below occured:

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=26796_xR7lO7IQpfpSmgzVdu02&thumb=1&board_id=1

It seems the M4 Monk Robes needs readjustment in Predatron’s workshop…

Posted: 17 October 2012 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Norse Graphics - 16 October 2012 09:00 PM

What happens if you miss polygons when converting to Genesis? Has it ever happened to you?

I have looked into the Transfer utility, and it is only on one arm that the polygons are missing, the other side is perfect. Converting to Weight-map seemed to work, it was only when I applied the Transfer utility that the results below occured:

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=26796_xR7lO7IQpfpSmgzVdu02&thumb=1&board_id=1

It seems the M4 Monk Robes needs readjustment in Predatron’s workshop…

Hi Norse,  I haven’t noticed anything like that so far. I’m assuming from your last sentence that its the monk robes?

Unfortunately I don’t own them so can’t try myself. Which polygons are missing and where? If I have a problem I take stuff into hexagon and see if it can be fixed. The ever after dress needed some work in there and so did a couple of other things. My main problem has been where items aren’t joined together and come apart with smoothing on some shapes.

Sorry I don’t feel like I’ve been able to help much so far…

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 17 October 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05

Just saw your post with the images…

A couple of thoughts, first could you do me a quick render with genesis turned invisible via the scene tab? I had a thought about why the bits might be missing and that would confirm it one way or another.
Also have you added a smoothing modifier since auto fitting the robe?
Second the issue with the cord…is it mainly that the bottom of the cord is hidden by the skirt of the robe? If so have you checked for morphs to move it forward? Also have you checked in the scene tab if it can be selected and moved using the parameter tab?

You’ve probably tried all this but best to double check before trying anything else.

If it doesn’t the cord should be fairly easy to fix in Hexagon. If you want I could help talk you through the process.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 17 October 2012 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

Phase1: Load Genesis and the Monk Robes for M4. Make sure Genesis is not selected.

Phase2: Make sure Robes are selected, and convert to weight-mapping (triaxis) in the Edit-menu on the Scene-tab. Select Triaxis and accept. Robes seems ok after conversion.

Phase3: Still selected, go to Assets-menu on the Scene-tab, and select “Transfer Utility”.

Settings used (after watching Youtube tutorial):
Source - Scene item: Genesis; Item Shape:Clone (select Michael4 and Accept)
Target - Scene Item: Monk Robes for M4; Item Shape: default.
Projection template: Bodysuit - loose. (same results with Dress - knee-length)
Added in the Projection options; Reverse Source Shape from Target.
Then click Accept to fix the new rigging.

Then it works and the polygons gets lost on the right arm. The left arm works perfectly, so it’s a one-side issue here. That’s why I thought it was ‘wrong’ on parts of the mesh. I even started to look for something to flip the polygons, but as they aren’t see-through otherwise, then that’s a moot point.

No, I didn’t add any modifiers at all. The renders are ‘straight-out-of-the-box’

Image Attachments
Fase3.pngFase2.pngFase1.png

1 of 3