RankRank
Total Posts:  688
Joined  2009-03-17
music2u4u - 17 October 2012 06:39 AM
BWSman - 16 October 2012 10:17 PM

Song: Lookin’ Out My Back Door

Album: Cosmo’s Factory

Artist: Creedence Cleatwater Revival

My guess is either “Strange Days” by “The Doors” or “Sufficiently Breathless” by “Captain Beyond”.

grin

Nah, it’s obviously “Venus in Furs” by the Velvet Underground, from the 1967 album “The Velvet Underground”.

Obviously.

Signature 

Posted: 17 October 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-17

And it makes me go like this ...

(This is an animated gif, but you might have to click it to see animation.)

Image Attachments
Halloween002.gif
 Signature 

Posted: 17 October 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-17

Hey, animations work!

Image Attachments
gifBeetle.gif
 Signature 

Posted: 17 October 2012 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-17

Well, some do, anyway.

Signature 

Posted: 17 October 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6117
Joined  2005-04-16
music2u4u - 17 October 2012 05:19 AM
DanaTA - 16 October 2012 12:33 PM
music2u4u - 16 October 2012 07:20 AM

One thing about this one…all Gibson Les Pauls and hollow body electrics have arch tops and backs. There are no Les Pauls out there that have an arch top, they are all flat…even mine. So, this has an actual arch top and back on it…probably the only one out that does!!!

grin

This statement is confusing me.  First you say all have arch tops, then you say there are none with arch tops, they’re all flat.  confused

In either case, the 1957 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop had an arch.  I remember because my friend in high school had one, and I played it a couple of times, too.  I found a photo of them…well, there were actually a lot of photos online.  You can see the contours in the light and shadow.

Dana

To clearify this for you Dana…I think you misunderstood. All Gibson Les Pauls have arch tops. (Except for the 1956 Les Paul specials). What I meant, go back and re-read it, is there are no Les Paul MODELS out there with arch tops. All the models I have seen were made with flat tops, even mine were. The arch part is a very difficult part. If there are some, I have not seen them.

grin

Oh, well that makes more sense.  Now that you mention it, I think you’re right.

I thought I saw some of the newer Les Pauls did have a flat front…I thought it was odd and somehow made them look cheap.  Maybe I was imagining it.  smirk 

Dana

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 17 October 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1422
Joined  2010-03-01
robkelk - 07 October 2012 09:18 AM
chohole - 07 October 2012 06:41 AM

And talking about decisions.  I am trying to make my mind up about an outfit to texture, as I promised Rob something for November challenge.

Would this one suit, does anyone reckon.

I think that would suit just fine, Cho. Again, thank you.

Oh, and since jeeperz has already mentioned needing something…  I’m still looking for another contribution for November - or two, if people don’t want to get my first attempt at a texture for an entry prize. (Cho has promised me a texture or two, and Music’s mentioned providing something, and I have a very-small gift from somebody not a regular here for anyone who’ll volunteer to judge…) Might I impose upon someone for help here?

rob,
I have been working on a set of DAZ4.5 presets for Mongoloid’s Nitro Pony set. They are fits and material settings for the Mil Horse. I will also be creating pz2 files for the Poser horse. Mongoloid only has the objects and textures and this set would compliment his freebie. Would you be interested in this set for November?

Image Attachments
Render_110.jpg

Posted: 17 October 2012 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2010-12-19

Gallery is updated.

http://ovbi.org/gallery/main.php

Alexa

Signature 

Gallery for the Freebie Challenge: http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/
Deviantart: http://nemurenainda.deviantart.com/  (WARNING: copious amounts of anime)

守 (Protector, Mamoru)

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thereby compensating for Moore’s Law.

Posted: 18 October 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2955
Joined  2010-11-30
Dollygirl - 17 October 2012 01:18 PM
robkelk - 07 October 2012 09:18 AM
chohole - 07 October 2012 06:41 AM

And talking about decisions.  I am trying to make my mind up about an outfit to texture, as I promised Rob something for November challenge.

Would this one suit, does anyone reckon.

I think that would suit just fine, Cho. Again, thank you.

Oh, and since jeeperz has already mentioned needing something…  I’m still looking for another contribution for November - or two, if people don’t want to get my first attempt at a texture for an entry prize. (Cho has promised me a texture or two, and Music’s mentioned providing something, and I have a very-small gift from somebody not a regular here for anyone who’ll volunteer to judge…) Might I impose upon someone for help here?

rob,
I have been working on a set of DAZ4.5 presets for Mongoloid’s Nitro Pony set. They are fits and material settings for the Mil Horse. I will also be creating pz2 files for the Poser horse. Mongoloid only has the objects and textures and this set would compliment his freebie. Would you be interested in this set for November?

I would love that set, thank you! Please send me a PM when you’re ready to send it to me.

If you have no objection, I’ll make this the “entry gift” - everyone who takes part will get a copy.

Edit: Oops… I find I’ve mis-counted - I still need one more prize after this one. (I completely forgot about the Honourable Mentions! red face) Chohole, Music, and Mr. Sparky have already promised me something…

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the December Freebie Challenge! (And see who won November’s Challenge, too!)

Posted: 18 October 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1422
Joined  2010-03-01
robkelk - 18 October 2012 09:15 AM

rob,

I would love that set, thank you! Please send me a PM when you’re ready to send it to me.

If you have no objection, I’ll make this the “entry gift” - everyone who takes part will get a copy.

Edit: Oops… I find I’ve mis-counted - I still need one more prize after this one. (I completely forgot about the Honourable Mentions! red face) Chohole, Music, and Mr. Sparky have already promised me something…

I have none. Making it the entry gift is acceptable. Will PM you when I get the package done.

Posted: 19 October 2012 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  509
Joined  2003-11-30

Gee, I’m really havin’ t’ search for dis topic ‘cause it’s dropped so far in da listin’ ‘cause…NOBODY’S POSTING ANYTIN’!!! WADDIZ DIS? TEN DAY’S T’GO AN’ WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!?....sheesh…

Hey! Anybody out there remember Count Banjola? Probably not…inspired by a really bad routine from the old Gong Show TV series. The fact that I remember this should show how I wasted my younger years watching this garbage…

1.) Hiro 3 and Aiko 3 Figures

2.) The Mad Albino Character Texture. Registration Required.

3.) All Back Style Go to Downloads at Left, 2nd Item from Top.

4.) StillLife and StillMorning Twin Pack Registration Required.

5.) Expansion for Adzans StillLife Coat Registration Required.

6.) Painted Osculuse Boots Only. Registration Required.

7.) Bowtie for Freak Registration Required.

8.) Brace for A3 Cloak and Cloak Clasp. Registration Required.

9.) Gothic Jewel Set for V4/M4

10.) Banjo Registration Required.

11.) Coffin 01 Registration Required.

12.) Annette for A3 Character Morph. Registration Required.

13.) Dulcy for A3 Character Texture Only. Registration Required.

14.) Mitsumi Hair Registration Required.

15.) Fairy Dress for A3 Top of Page.

16.) Torch Registration Requied.

17.) Music Stand Registration Required.

18.) Millennium Cat LE Registration Required.

19.) Black Cat Texture for DAZ Mill Cat Registration Required.

20.) Odd Cat Poses II Registration Required.

21.) Hag Bag Registration Required.

22.) Candles Real Light Registration Required.

23.) Sgreco1970s Magazine Model Registration Required. (Front cover image replaced).

As always, figure set-up in Studio 2.3 and final render in Bryce 5.5. Texture on Hiro’s clothing replaced in Bryce with a simple .jpg texture dump which required no newly made texture files. Some prop items were shader dependent props (the music stand, the candle and candlestick and the wall torches) and the textures were replaced with native Bryce materials. No postwork save signature and copyright notice.

Image Attachments
COUNT_BANJOLA.jpg

Posted: 19 October 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6117
Joined  2005-04-16
Lord Ganthor - 19 October 2012 11:38 AM

Gee, I’m really havin’ t’ search for dis topic ‘cause it’s dropped so far in da listin’ ‘cause…NOBODY’S POSTING ANYTIN’!!! WADDIZ DIS? TEN DAY’S T’GO AN’ WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!?....sheesh…

Hey! Anybody out there remember Count Banjola? Probably not…inspired by a really bad routine from the old Gong Show TV series. The fact that I remember this should show how I wasted my younger years watching this garbage…

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=27563_dFTcPNjNoZvdsVsCniLn&thumb=1&board_id=1

I’ve been busy with home repair/maintenance on my picket fence…sanding, staining…waiting for the rain to stop, more sanding, more staining.  It’s taking me a lot longer than I had anticipated.  Nothing new, actually…I seem to be slow at these things.

Really cool image, I like it.  Then again, what’s new?  One question…are they attentively listening because they like it, or because he made them?  tongue wink

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 19 October 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1125
Joined  2005-03-26

I love it!  I’m glad you could make such good use of my albino texture!

Frankly, I’m glad to see anyone else use my freebies.  At all.  Ever.

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 19 October 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2081
Joined  0
Lord Ganthor - 19 October 2012 11:38 AM

1.) Hiro 3 and Aiko 3 Figures

2.) The Mad Albino Character Texture. Registration Required.

3.) All Back Style Go to Downloads at Left, 2nd Item from Top.

4.) StillLife and StillMorning Twin Pack Registration Required.

5.) Expansion for Adzans StillLife Coat Registration Required.

6.) Painted Osculuse Boots Only. Registration Required.

7.) Bowtie for Freak Registration Required.

8.) Brace for A3 Cloak and Cloak Clasp. Registration Required.

9.) Gothic Jewel Set for V4/M4

10.) Banjo Registration Required.

11.) Coffin 01 Registration Required.

12.) Annette for A3 Character Morph. Registration Required.

13.) Dulcy for A3 Character Texture Only. Registration Required.

14.) Mitsumi Hair Registration Required.

15.) Fairy Dress for A3 Top of Page.

16.) Torch Registration Requied.

17.) Music Stand Registration Required.

18.) Millennium Cat LE Registration Required.

19.) Black Cat Texture for DAZ Mill Cat Registration Required.

20.) Odd Cat Poses II Registration Required.

21.) Hag Bag Registration Required.

22.) Candles Real Light Registration Required.

23.) Sgreco1970s Magazine Model Registration Required. (Front cover image replaced).

As always, figure set-up in Studio 2.3 and final render in Bryce 5.5. Texture on Hiro’s clothing replaced in Bryce with a simple .jpg texture dump which required no newly made texture files. Some prop items were shader dependent props (the music stand, the candle and candlestick and the wall torches) and the textures were replaced with native Bryce materials. No postwork save signature and copyright notice.

A banjo playing dracula!!!!....now I’ve seen everything!

He’s a pickin’...and she’s a grinnin’...and the cats a singin’.

The song?....“Will the Satanic Circle Be Unbroken!”

Hehehe.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

grin

Image Attachments
Lord_Ganthor3_-_COUNT_BANJOLA.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 19 October 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2081
Joined  0

NOTICE!....It’s now the 20th of the month and I still have no judges. Without them, I will be left to pick winners!!!!!!!

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 19 October 2012 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1125
Joined  2005-03-26
music2u4u - 19 October 2012 09:09 PM

NOTICE!....It’s now the 20th of the month and I still have no judges. Without them, I will be left to pick winners!!!!!!!

Institute a draft.  (Just don’t get cold feet!)

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

21 of 31