Old post count: 5719

Posted: 06 October 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5636
Joined  2005-04-16
BWSman - 06 October 2012 03:36 PM

I kinda prefer this one

Hmmm…well now I’m torn.  I like both.  I just bought a two-pak of the 64 oz grape juice a few days ago.  I get a good price at BJ’s.  I never buy any of the wanna bees, Welch’s is the best. 

I had the black and white poster of Raquel on my wall when I was a teenager, from that movie.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 06 October 2012 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1972
Joined  0

decissions,decissions!

smirk

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 07 October 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15950
Joined  2003-10-09

And talking about decisions.  I am trying to make my mind up about an outfit to texture, as I promised Rob something for November challenge.

Would this one suit, does anyone reckon.

Image Attachments
November_gift_poss.png
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24

I like it cho

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

OK all you DS users, I’m gonna need some help. In my quest to get some PA’s to donate for the month of December I have been convinced to start using DS instead of Poser. I haven’t a clue how to use it, am downloading it now and I’m very nervous about trying something new. It took me forever to figure out Poser. I did the hunt and peck method to learn the first time. I need help in figuring out how to use all my poser stuff in DS. ANY suggestions are welcome. PLEASE… pretty please.  HELP

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7681
Joined  2006-03-19

I’ll donate for December. Just send me a PM when its time and we’ll work out the details.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Frank0314 - 07 October 2012 08:43 AM

I’ll donate for December. Just send me a PM when its time and we’ll work out the details.

thanks Frank, I appreciate the donation

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

1st question, what is the difference between DS3 and DS4DK that is free right now

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15950
Joined  2003-10-09
Frank0314 - 07 October 2012 08:43 AM

And I am hoping to do another texture pack for you for December as well.

BTW why are you deserting Poser?  or are you just adding another tool to your weaponry.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2772
Joined  2010-11-30
chohole - 07 October 2012 06:41 AM

And talking about decisions.  I am trying to make my mind up about an outfit to texture, as I promised Rob something for November challenge.

Would this one suit, does anyone reckon.

I think that would suit just fine, Cho. Again, thank you.

Oh, and since jeeperz has already mentioned needing something…  I’m still looking for another contribution for November - or two, if people don’t want to get my first attempt at a texture for an entry prize. (Cho has promised me a texture or two, and Music’s mentioned providing something, and I have a very-small gift from somebody not a regular here for anyone who’ll volunteer to judge…) Might I impose upon someone for help here?

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17
jeeperz - 07 October 2012 08:44 AM

1st question, what is the difference between DS3 and DS4DK that is free right now

I’m not quite sure what that second product is unless you mean the SDK (script development kit) which is an developer’s add-on for DS4.

The major difference between DS3 & DS4 is that DS3 cannot use weight-mapped figures (genesis).  DS4 is supposed to have better & faster rendering.

What you want to get are these:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-originals/daz-studio-4-pro

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-originals/daz-studio-4-auto-fit-tool

The second product will allow you to fit clothing from other characters to the Genesis figure.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

Cho; what outfit is that?

Rob; I may do a texture set as a prize.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2772
Joined  2010-11-30

Thanks, BWSman!

(And Cho has chosen manomano’s second-most-recent outfit...)

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 07 October 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-04-02
jeeperz - 07 October 2012 08:27 AM

OK all you DS users, I’m gonna need some help. In my quest to get some PA’s to donate for the month of December I have been convinced to start using DS instead of Poser. I haven’t a clue how to use it, am downloading it now and I’m very nervous about trying something new. It took me forever to figure out Poser. I did the hunt and peck method to learn the first time. I need help in figuring out how to use all my poser stuff in DS. ANY suggestions are welcome. PLEASE… pretty please.  HELP

Having used both DS3 Pro and DS4 Pro, I gotta say that DS4 is the easier of the two to master.  There are built in links to video tutorials for each section like posing, rendering, etc.  In addition don’t forget to check out youtube for demos and tutorials on the various features of DS.  Having said that, I can tell you that since you already know how to use Poser, DS will come to you easily as they are very similar in many ways.

The only thing to be aware of is that the new DS4.5 uses a different scene extension, so if you have older DS scenes they may need to be converted.  New scenes should all work flawlessly.

As mentioned above, if you use the free version of DS4.5 you should at the very least buy the Autofit plugin.  It allows you to use your V4 and M4 content on the Genesis figure with little or sometimes even no tweaking.  If you experience “poke through” with an outfit that has been autofitted onto Genesis, smoothing is your friend.

If you buy the DS4.5 Pro version, it comes with the Autofit plugin, as well a severl others built in.

Good luck with the new tools!

9 of 31