Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
GenX and Gen4
Posted: 29 September 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi,

I am reconstructing all of my DS4 files, etc. after having reformatting my hard disk and reinstalling Windows etc.

I have just installed GenX. In my case, it is an upgrade from Gen4. The problem is that I purchased Gen4 from Renderosity, and so have no order history for Gen4 in my Daz3D account.

Can you please tell me how I can tell GenX to recognize the fact that I have Gen4.

thanks,
Andrew

Posted: 29 September 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

If I remember right, you have to go to Dimension3d’s site with your order number(s).

I didn’t do that, because Rendo pulled Gen4 right before I went to buy it, so I bought the full version here.

Edit:
You can PM him here, but I’m not getting PM notification emails, so you might try a PM at Rendo.
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/member/86407/

(Speaking of PM, I see I have one, so I’ll have to leave it to you to find him there). smile

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 29 September 2012 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi T Jaiman,

Thanks. I have sent a PM to D3D both here and at Rendo. I’ll just sit tight now, and wait for the answer.
Also, AFAIK, Rendo doesn’t send PM Notification emails either.

regards,
Andrew

Posted: 29 September 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

I recently had to do this myself because I was in the same boat.

This is what I did (working from memory here)

1. Installed GenX to the default location which should be Program Files/DAZ 3D/DazStudio4

2. Launch D/S.

3. Go to HELP>About Installed Plugins.

4. Scroll down until you see Genesis Generation X. Beside it, there should be a long bar where you have to enter a serial code.

5. Go to your “My Account” on the DAZ website. Locate “My Serial Numbers”. Go to where you should have a Serial Number for GenX. Copy it with your mouse.

6. Go back to Daz Studio and enter your serial number in the empty box and click on the symbol next to it.

7. If it asks for verification at this point or when you try to use GenX, enter your Rendro username/E-mail and the Order number that you ordered Gen4.

8. Your Rendro order number for Gen4 can easily be found on Rendro. If you don’t know how, sign in and go to “Members>My Account” then scroll down until you see “Search Perchases”. Enter Gen4 and click Go/Search. You should find it very easily. The number beside it is your order number. Enter that in the required field in D/S. Click OK.

9. Now within D/S go to Windows>Panes>GenX

Should work now.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 29 September 2012 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks, Knight22179,

That has worked ! .... It was even slightly easier, when I went to validate GenX, it asked me for my Rendo details straight away. I’m not sure how it knew, but all’s well that ends well.

regards,
Andrew

Posted: 29 September 2012 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Your welcome! smile

Yeah, not sure how it knew either since I had Gen4 installed in a completely different location. But, I’m not complaining. wink

Have fun with GenX. DimensionTheory is a genius for making it. cool smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 29 September 2012 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
mathman - 29 September 2012 07:20 PM

Hi T Jaiman,

Thanks. I have sent a PM to D3D both here and at Rendo. I’ll just sit tight now, and wait for the answer.

regards,
Andrew

Errr… oops. Sorry I had you bug him. red face

Glad Knight22179 got you going.

Also, AFAIK, Rendo doesn’t send PM Notification emails either.

By George, I think you’re right. That’s odd.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Posted: 30 September 2012 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12172
Joined  2007-11-06

...blecch, if you have to go through a lot of hoops to get things working right, then it’s not worth the price.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 30 September 2012 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

It wasn’t a lot of hoops, it was just a matter of finding out what to do, and it turned out to be a reasonable procedure when you are getting an upgrade discount.

Posted: 30 September 2012 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Kyoto Kid - 30 September 2012 12:34 AM

...blecch, if you have to go through a lot of hoops to get things working right, then it’s not worth the price.

Cross-site upgrades are like that. But it’s a bit more than twice the work of putting in a serial number. (Maybe thrice, if you look up un/pw).

And when you think about it, Daz, Poser, or other, you’re always going to hit (too many) spots where you jump through hoops.

But most of the time, they’re quicker to do, than to read about. (Unlike hoops in real life).

Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Kyoto Kid - 30 September 2012 12:34 AM

Not really a lot of hoops for me. Once I got the help I needed and figured out what needed to be done, it was rather quick. Now that it’s set up now, I don’t have to ever do it again. Now I can transfer all my characters again. So, for me it’s well worth the price. Every penny. Besides, I bought the upgrade. The upgrade is about half the price as the regular program. wink

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 30 September 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12172
Joined  2007-11-06

...so for those who already had GenerationX, it actually involves additional cost to upgrade it for use it with 4.5 rather than just a reset of the original DL?

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 30 September 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Kyoto Kid - 30 September 2012 12:32 PM

...so for those who already had GenerationX, it actually involves additional cost to upgrade it for use it with 4.5 rather than just a reset of the original DL?

Oh hell no. He used to sell Gen4 at Rendo, then he moved here to sell his improved version.
The update for 4.5 was made available by account reset. (I think the 4.0 and 4.5 versions are in the same download, lemme check).

Man, no wonder you thought this was bad.

edit: Yep, 4.0 and 4.5 versions in each download. No muss, no fuss.

They don’t charge for updated plugins. Just upgraded ones (5.x will be an upgrade).

Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

No, no! For you, all you have to do is reset your download, re-download it and that’s it. It “should” install in the same location when you installed GenX the first time. So, you have an easier time than I did. At least you should. smile

The additional cost only applies to those of us who had Gen4 that want to upgrade to GenX.

Edited to add: Blast it! T Jaiman, you beat me to it. raspberry

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 30 September 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Knight22179 - 30 September 2012 01:17 PM

LOL! I ninja’d somebody!

Nothing personal. LOL

Daaang… I wonder how many seconds that was?

He’s not a potential customer anyway. And I say that with the utmost understatement.

He’s not really into the whole Genesis thing.

Give him time. <grins, ducks, and runs>

Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2012 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
T Jaiman - 30 September 2012 01:36 PM
Knight22179 - 30 September 2012 01:17 PM

LOL! I ninja’d somebody!

Nothing personal. LOL

Daaang… I wonder how many seconds that was?

He’s not a potential customer anyway. And I say that with the utmost understatement.

He’s not really into the whole Genesis thing.

Give him time. <grins, ducks, and runs>

No worries. *LOL* And it wasn’t by much because I didn’t see your reply until after I posted. wink

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

1 of 3