Monitor Recommendations?

DWGDWG Posts: 772
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm in the market for a new monitor, anyone have any particular recommendations? Budget is £150-£200.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 8,759
    edited December 1969

What I did was to make sure I saw all the monitors I was looking for turned on sise by side. Then from there I saw like for like and made a choice. I settled for a HPw2207 which is some years old now. The computer shop salesperson had to work for the sale. I said if I didn't see them working I would take my money somewhere else. On the back of my friends seeing the picture quality they replaced thiers with HP. What they are like these days I have no idea.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 935
    edited December 1969

Buy a Led Monitor. For graphic works ASUS makes pretty good monitors but it's out of your budget. You could buy a LG IPS 226 or something alike. You can have a look here to have an idea http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/lg-flatron-ips226v-p10192/test.html

• pantenepantene Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

If you work mainly with human figures, buy a monitor that can pivot easily from landscape to portrait.

• DWGDWG Posts: 772
    edited December 1969

pantene said:
    If you work mainly with human figures, buy a monitor that can pivot easily from landscape to portrait.

Ooh, interesting point! I do an awful lot of work in portrait format. My existing Studio layout wouldn't work well with that, but I plan to keep the existing monitor for a dual monitor setup and shifting the tabs off to the secondary monitor would let me dedicate the new monitor to the working area.