Digital Art Zone

5 of 16
Basic Supersuit UV’s for the Supersuit product have been fixed! Our voices have been heard. 
Posted: 02 October 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16
Nadino - 01 October 2012 10:37 PM

So, we can share a remapped version of the suit correct?
Granted, it’s saved as a preset through the support asset save menu I’m assuming??
Would something like this help? Caution: I’m no UV pro in any way but found this layout may be of use someday.

How would I even get this to remap the Basic Suit? And make the UV Map bigger?

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
RCDeschene - 01 October 2012 10:00 PM

Wow! That really sucks! grrr

I actually love the Basic Suit, and even I strongly agree that the suit itself is rather coarsely material zoned in comparison to the Supersuit. This is why I actually use both the Basic Suit and Flipmode’s GSuit for Genesis.

I also use the G-Suit, it’s great. However, no offense to Flipmode, the Basic Suit can handle more extreme bodymorphs which is more useful to me.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
graham james - 02 October 2012 02:15 AM

So if I am understanding this correctly
Daz released a broken product (with much fanfare)
Daz refuse to fix it
Users have offered fixes
Moderators say not allowed without permission
Permission may or may not have been given - you need to create a new account to view the bug report to find out
That sucks Daz !
Product crossed off wishlist

Yep, pretty much. But don’t cross it off your wishlist just yet. This is now gaining momentum. So, if Canary3D fails to get permission to distrubute her fix, Daz will need to fix it themselves because they’ll have too many voices to ignore.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Kerya - 02 October 2012 02:49 AM

I have added my voice to the bug report ... https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47169
There is only 4 notes added?

Thanks for adding for your voice! smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
wilmap - 02 October 2012 05:44 AM

Have added to the bug report.

Thank you! smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Zev0 - 02 October 2012 05:58 AM

Soon to be 8. I re-registered.

Thank you! smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Skiriki - 02 October 2012 08:54 AM

YAY! The Mantis Bug Tracker says now “assigned” smile

Amen! Now we are getting somewhere. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-01-20
Zev0 - 02 October 2012 05:10 AM

But that doesnt help vendors. How are we supposed to release content for it if only half the people apply this fix?. There needs to be an official fix release. That is my only concern.

True, but I prob wouldn’t mind allowing redistribution of it.

Richard Haseltine - 02 October 2012 07:48 AM

If the remap was done from scratch, rather than modifying the DAZ supplied UVs, then there would be no problem in distributing it. However, give Canary 3D a chance to get a reply since her mapping involves least change if she does get permission to share it.

Yes, I redid the seams in Blender and have played with unwrapping it since I got the product.
Suffered a minor heart attack when I tried to make an AO map and noticed all the overlapping UVs lol.

Knight22179 - 02 October 2012 09:08 AM

I saved it as a UV preset so it shows up in the UV Set drop down section in the surfaces tab.
The image I posted was just a screen shot, I exported the map at 4096x4096.

The issue is assigned now (yay) so back to waiting smile

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2011-12-30

I actually love the Basic Suit, and even I strongly agree that the suit itself is rather coarsely material zoned in comparison to the Supersuit. This is why I actually use both the Basic Suit and Flipmode’s GSuit for Genesis.

I am having a lot of trouble adding textures to the supersuit because you have to add a texture to each section (the chest as 22 section in the surface editor) to get it to show up correctly on the font, unless I am doing something wrong.  Anyways, I was wondering, on G-Suit, Bodysuit for Genesis by Flipmode, how hard it is to add textures in from made from the uv maps? The page says it is “Split up into 58 material zones” do you have to add something to each of the 58 zones?

Hope I explained my question correctly
Thanks

Signature 

3D Artist Network.

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Nadino - 02 October 2012 09:26 AM
Zev0 - 02 October 2012 05:10 AM

But that doesnt help vendors. How are we supposed to release content for it if only half the people apply this fix?. There needs to be an official fix release. That is my only concern.

True, but I prob wouldn’t mind allowing redistribution of it.

Richard Haseltine - 02 October 2012 07:48 AM

If the remap was done from scratch, rather than modifying the DAZ supplied UVs, then there would be no problem in distributing it. However, give Canary 3D a chance to get a reply since her mapping involves least change if she does get permission to share it.

Yes, I redid the seams in Blender and have played with unwrapping it since I got the product.
Suffered a minor heart attack when I tried to make an AO map and noticed all the overlapping UVs lol.

Knight22179 - 02 October 2012 09:08 AM

I saved it as a UV preset so it shows up in the UV Set drop down section in the surfaces tab.
The image I posted was just a screen shot, I exported the map at 4096x4096.

The issue is assigned now (yay) so back to waiting smile

Well, if Daz doesn’t fix the problem and Canary3D doesn’t get permission for her fix, I’m SO going to be shooting you a PM for your fix! *LOL*

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
KimberSue - 02 October 2012 09:27 AM

I am having a lot of trouble adding textures to the supersuit because you have to add a texture to each section (the chest as 22 section in the surface editor) to get it to show up correctly on the font, unless I am doing something wrong.  Anyways, I was wondering, on G-Suit, Bodysuit for Genesis by Flipmode, how hard it is to add textures in from made from the uv maps? The page says it is “Split up into 58 material zones” do you have to add something to each of the 58 zones?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, the G-Suit has resource files you can download on the product page here in the Daz store. These are the UV maps you can texture in your favorite paint program of choice (GIMP, Photoshop, etc). Using that would be a lot easier for the G-Suit. Go here for my reply on your concerns on the Supersuit: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/601/P15/\

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 02 October 2012 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2006-06-12
KimberSue - 02 October 2012 09:27 AM

Thanks

You can shift click or control click to select multiple surfaces at once.  Doing so would greatly speed up the application of textures to the supersuit.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 03 October 2012 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2011-12-30

Thank you so much, that is a huge help.

Signature 

3D Artist Network.

Posted: 03 October 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

To keeo this thread alive, here’s a render I did of the full Supersuit. Ring is from Chaomancer Omega: http://chaomanceromega.deviantart.com/art/Lantern-Corps-Rings-156868329

Image Attachments
NewGL.jpg
 Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 04 October 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Another render.

Image Attachments
Frostwhisper1.jpg
 Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

5 of 16