Digital Art Zone

2 of 16
Basic Supersuit UV’s for the Supersuit product have been fixed! Our voices have been heard. 
Posted: 30 September 2012 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2003-10-09

Okay, can someone test this out?  If it works I’ll add it to the freepository. 

In order to keep the aspect ratio the same and allow square textures, I opted to scale the torso section down slightly rather than squishing it (I didn’t want to rearrange everything and break the rest of the UV, I just separated the back section).  I’m open to suggestions for better ways to do it.  Unfortunately putting them on separate panels means a different MAT zone as others have mentioned up above.

[Link removed while I get permission from DAZ to redistribute these]

I’ve included a DS UV asset that should appear as an option when you load a new suit (after you unzip the zip into your library, that is), and I’ve also included a UV Mapper UV set, in case the other method doesn’t work. There’s also a set of templates.

Image Attachments
example.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

I’m gonna test this out! cool smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Um. I thought that UV-maps needed to be RTEncoded against the original package to prevent data pilferage..? Since they contain geometry etc.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Changes to the OBJ need to be RTE encoded, if you’re going to distribute the 3d change - UVs can be encoded separately (either as exported uv mapper UVs or as a DAZ uvs support file) without any need to distribute the OBJ.  RTE-encoding is basically a way to distribute a “change file” for an OBJ that requires someone to have the original OBJ, so it’s possible to include UVs in it, but it’s more for stuff like adding a tail to an existing figure.

DAZ Studio allows you to save the UVs along with any MAT file you create, also.  UVs are proprietary regardless of the OBJ file so you have to be careful about which UVs you do this with, but since the supersuit UVs are built in (rather than being an add-on like V5) there shouldn’t be any way to use them for anything but the Supersuit.

Anyway the gist is that the two UV distribution methods I’m using won’t allow any geometry to be reverse engineered out of them; they just apply as changes after you load the geometry you already own.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14064
Joined  2003-10-09

Not for a DSON file - the uv map is a separate file that can just be dropped into Data\Maker\Product\Base\UV Sets, and shared (as long as it’s the sharer’s work, of course). Edit: Actually, if these are just the old UVs moved around then yes, it does need permission from DAZ.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

This is a DSF file, Richard (not sure why, I’m using 4.5 but that’s how it saves a UV support asset).  It’s based on the original supersuit UV, which isn’t mine, but since that’s not something that will work on anything but the supersuit, and isn’t an add-on like various Genesis UV’s, I believe it’s acceptable to redistribute.

Oh and it also has a 3d mapper .uvs file, which I believe is just the UVs without the geometry.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Ah! I stand corrected! smile

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14064
Joined  2003-10-09

The same could be said of the common vertices around the edge of a GeoGraft, but the legal requirement (however silly) iss till that you ask permission. Until someone says otherwise I think that has to be the assumption here. A new uv mapping would be OK of course.

As an aside, .duf is for user files - those that appear in the Content panes. Data files are still using the .dsf file extension.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 30 September 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

So, Richard…are you saying what Canary3D just did can’t be done without Daz’s permission? They are just the UV’s without the geometry. Surely that can be redestributed.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 30 September 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Canary3d - 30 September 2012 02:47 PM

Okay, can someone test this out?  If it works I’ll add it to the freepository. 

In order to keep the aspect ratio the same and allow square textures, I opted to scale the torso section down slightly rather than squishing it (I didn’t want to rearrange everything and break the rest of the UV, I just separated the back section).  I’m open to suggestions for better ways to do it.  Unfortunately putting them on separate panels means a different MAT zone as others have mentioned up above.

http://www.canary3d.com/free/SupersuitBasic-FixedTorsoUVs.zip

I’ve included a DS UV asset that should appear as an option when you load a new suit (after you unzip the zip into your library, that is), and I’ve also included a UV Mapper UV set, in case the other method doesn’t work. There’s also a set of templates.

This is all free to redistribute with your textures - you can include the whole zip or just repackage the bits you need, whatever works for you. smile  That’s stated in the ReadMe as well.

Tested! Thankfully, I didn’t have to do the UVmapper method. It works! smile

Now, hopefully this can be redistributed.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 30 September 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ll take it down and get permission - thanks, Richard!  And thanks for testing (and pointing out the original problem), Knight22179

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 30 September 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Your welcome, Canary3D! Hopefully you will get permission. Let us know if you get that, ok? smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 30 September 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Will do!

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 01 October 2012 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Come on, Daz…fix this please.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 01 October 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Well, it’s been confirmed. Got a reply from my Support Ticket. I’ve got some bad news.

Daz is not going to fix the Supersuit. Instead, the guy who responded to my support ticket pointed out the temperary fix on the bug report that someone posted.

So, that leaves us with a broken product we can’t even use. Thanks Daz. cool mad

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

2 of 16