Digital Art Zone

8 of 16
Basic Supersuit UV’s for the Supersuit product have been fixed! Our voices have been heard. 
Posted: 21 October 2012 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

Hey Knight22179 and MJC1016,

CHALLENGE!

Make one of your favorite heroes or heroines with Joe’s new free resource!

Maybe we can sweet talk Joe into making more stuff for Genesis!

*crosses fingers*

smile

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 21 October 2012 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13

Flame on!

Image Attachments
flameon2.jpg
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 22 October 2012 12:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6595
Joined  2006-02-20
Joequick - 21 October 2012 04:24 PM
Knight22179 - 21 October 2012 03:14 PM

They never fixed it, not yet. downer

Thanks, Joe! smile

I’ll try this out and see how it works. If I run into any problems, I’ll let you know. wink

I just noticed that the fingers and feet don’t bend quite right.  I made the mistake of using the “tight body suit” projection template… silly me.

Take 2: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65219/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Free-Genesis-Bodysuit

Thank you very, very, very much!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 22 October 2012 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1929
Joined  2010-10-10

Thankyou. The suit is for DS4.5 only. Is there any chance the suit can be made so that DS4 users can use it please. I have not yet upgraded to DS4.5 so cannot use .duf files.

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 22 October 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  785
Joined  2006-06-12
wilmap - 22 October 2012 02:16 AM

Thankyou. The suit is for DS4.5 only. Is there any chance the suit can be made so that DS4 users can use it please. I have not yet upgraded to DS4.5 so cannot use .duf files.

No, I’m sorry.  The solution to this is for you to upgrade, not for me to resave and repackage a free product so that it is less compatible with other software.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 22 October 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1929
Joined  2010-10-10

Thank you. Then I will use my own UV map. I don’t want to update yet as I know my stuff works.

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 07 December 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  589
Joined  2012-11-06

I was wondering if this thread is still active.  I recently purchased the Supersuit Pro Suite and am just trying to learn how it all works. I have watched the videos that Randall posted awhile back, but all the screens look different and somethings seem to be missing.

I had started playing with the suit in hopes to make my own spider-man or black spider-man suit as my first experiment but the way some of the sections are broken down seems to be a challenge.

Does anyone have some good links/tutorials on how to make my own textures in Photoshop that would work with this?

Thanks

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 07 December 2012 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  785
Joined  2006-06-12
Geminii23 - 07 December 2012 06:39 PM

I was wondering if this thread is still active.  I recently purchased the Supersuit Pro Suite and am just trying to learn how it all works. I have watched the videos that Randall posted awhile back, but all the screens look different and somethings seem to be missing.

I had started playing with the suit in hopes to make my own spider-man or black spider-man suit as my first experiment but the way some of the sections are broken down seems to be a challenge.

Does anyone have some good links/tutorials on how to make my own textures in Photoshop that would work with this?

Thanks

There are a number of excellent free spiderman options for Daz’s M4 figure.  All are available to you without use of the supersuit. Further, since the supersuit has an exposed mouth region, even if you learned how to texture it you still wouldn’t be able to produce a decent Spiderman without some kind of add-on. 

Movie Style:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=60714

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=66553

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=60031

Comic Style:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/41804/Poser/M4-Comic-Style-Mask-and-Textures?interstitial_displayed=Yes

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 07 December 2012 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  589
Joined  2012-11-06

Wow!  Awesome stuff!  thank you for providing these links.

I also just downloaded your bodysuit.  Do you have any tutorials or info on creating textures for it?

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 31 December 2012 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  439
Joined  2010-09-18

Still no word on this?  Well, there’s always next year… rolleyes

Posted: 31 December 2012 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2003-10-09
Mr Gneiss Guy - 31 December 2012 02:45 AM

Still no word on this?  Well, there’s always next year… rolleyes

I complained about the bad UV maps for the bodysuit just after the “supersuit” came out. It seemed to get shelved to “sometime never”.

They were so busy pushing the “supersuit” that the ordinary one was forgotten. Even though you had to buy the wretched supersuit to get it at all. I’m still rather annoyed about the whole thing as I just ended up with something useless. By the time they got around to acknowledging the UV problem it was too late to return the thing.

I tried using the supersuit as a body suit. Super it was not. Seams showed up from the moveable zones and looked very messy. So all I have is an body suit that can’t be textured and a thing with moveable parts that I can’t use and don’t want.

All that is needed is for the UV Map on the Basic Suit to be corrected. That isn’t a huge task.

Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 31 December 2012 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16

Amen to that. We all should submit Support Tickets and flood DAZ with this problem until they DO fix this. Wishful thinking, though. But if people would do that, a few hundred people, DAZ would HAVE to listen and no longer ignore this fix.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 31 December 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2003-10-09

What was the latest word on the bug report?

Posted: 31 December 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2003-10-09
Knight22179 - 31 December 2012 11:36 AM

Amen to that. We all should submit Support Tickets and flood DAZ with this problem until they DO fix this. Wishful thinking, though. But if people would do that, a few hundred people, DAZ would HAVE to listen and no longer ignore this fix.

I’ve just submitted a ticket, pointing out that this has not been resolved six months after the problem was first found. I attached an image of the UV map to show the problem.

I did get the impression before though that they don’t care about the basic bodysuit as they are so wrapped up in promoting the supersuit. Depressing as I haven’t found a use for the supersuit but would like a standard bodysuit with no visible seams.

Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 31 December 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16
GhostofMacbeth - 31 December 2012 11:43 AM

What was the latest word on the bug report?

Other than someone being assigned to it (finally), nothing.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

8 of 16