Digital Art Zone

1 of 16
Basic Supersuit UV’s for the Supersuit product have been fixed! Our voices have been heard. 
Posted: 29 September 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

Our voices have been heard! Thank you all for your support! And thanks, DAZ_Jared for fixing this. smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 29 September 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

This, btw, is where bugs get reported.

But yes! It would be sweet to get this one fixed, I agree!

Here, btw, is also the bug report done prior to this thread.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 29 September 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

agreed, this should be fixed. What a Shame!

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 29 September 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Thanks for your support both of you. smile

Thanks, Skiriki! I edited my first post. Let’s add our voices! smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 29 September 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

You could also file a bug report on bugs.daz3d.com. Just mention the ticket number there so they can work out internally who is doing what. This is a content defect.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 29 September 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  761
Joined  2006-06-12

How does the whole UV swapping thing work? That basic suit, just being a genesis body with the head lopped off and little booty toes added on in place of the normal ones,  I almost wonder if there’d be a way to load genesis’ uv’s to it?

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 29 September 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

No idea if that’s possible, Joe. However, if you click on the link to the Bug report in my first post, a guy made a work-around using the full Supersuit UV’s and “repairing” the Basic Suit so the UV map won’t overlap.

I haven’t tried that trick but there is an upside and a downside to it. The upside is (provided I could do it), I could use that for personal use.

The downside is, I could only use it for personal use. Any textures I made with it I would not be able to share. And if I were a Vendor, this would also frustrate me because I wouldn’t be able to sell any textures made for the Basic Supersuit. Which, in the end, makes the Basic Suit practically useless.

P.S: Thanks for the tip, Cridgit! smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 30 September 2012 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2003-10-09

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the UVs. You just need to save each material on a separate UV map.

I don’t know why DAZ didn’t provide templates for it.

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 30 September 2012 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2010-10-10
Coldrake - 30 September 2012 12:26 AM

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the UVs. You just need to save each material on a separate UV map.

I don’t know why DAZ didn’t provide templates for it.

Coldrake

You can’t save the UVs seperately because there is only one material section “torso” to add those UVs to! We need a “back” and “front” rather than “torso”.

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 30 September 2012 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  907
Joined  2007-01-04

The problem with doing as suggested in the bug report is that you have to create a new material zone, it doesn’t matter what you do that new MAT zone will have be written into the figures main DSF file, and you can’t distribute that file.

Failing the vendor/DAZ fixing this, then the only choice is to export the mesh, fix the UV in something like UV Mapper, then use the “load UV set” function in the Surfaces tab’s options menu to import the fixed .obj’s UV into the figure, then you can go “file > save as > support asset > UV asset” and save a custom UV DSF, which you can then freely distribute with your textures.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 30 September 2012 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3380
Joined  2009-08-05

I just find it sad that they released it knowing it was messed and never bothered to fix it. Complaints about this was brought to their attention months ago.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 30 September 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Bejaymac - 30 September 2012 06:08 AM

The problem with doing as suggested in the bug report is that you have to create a new material zone, it doesn’t matter what you do that new MAT zone will have be written into the figures main DSF file, and you can’t distribute that file.

Exactly, which means DAZ has to fix this themselves.

Failing the vendor/DAZ fixing this, then the only choice is to export the mesh, fix the UV in something like UV Mapper, then use the “load UV set” function in the Surfaces tab’s options menu to import the fixed .obj’s UV into the figure, then you can go “file > save as > support asset > UV asset” and save a custom UV DSF, which you can then freely distribute with your textures.

Not sure if UVmapper could fix the UV’s of the Basic Suit. I’d love to be able to learn how to do that. Are you willing to do a step by step process of how to do what you just said? smile

And btw, I love your Avatar! So cute! smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 30 September 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Zev0 - 30 September 2012 07:11 AM

I just find it sad that they released it knowing it was messed and never bothered to fix it. Complaints about this was brought to their attention months ago.

Some time ago, I started a thread to try and get Daz’s attention on bringing Steph 4 Iconic Shape for Genesis out of the vault and into the store. I didn’t quit until it was done. Now look, she’s in the store where she belongs. smile

I’m not going to let this go. I’m going to keep nagging Daz until they fix this.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 30 September 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2003-10-09

I agree that they should fix it, but I think this is something I can fix in a redistributable way, so I will try it as soon as my husband takes my son to visit Grandma for the afternoon (otherwise my son tries to “help” - he is 4…)  Being able to load alternate UVs is one of the cooler features of DS and I’ve done some stuff with that already.  I’ll drop back in the thread in a little while and show you what I have.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 30 September 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2010-10-10
Bejaymac - 30 September 2012 06:08 AM

I’d be interested to know how to do this as well.

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 30 September 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Canary3d - 30 September 2012 12:06 PM

I agree that they should fix it, but I think this is something I can fix in a redistributable way, so I will try it as soon as my husband takes my son to visit Grandma for the afternoon (otherwise my son tries to “help” - he is 4…)  Being able to load alternate UVs is one of the cooler features of DS and I’ve done some stuff with that already.  I’ll drop back in the thread in a little while and show you what I have.

Awesome. I can’t wait to see what you come up with. wink

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

1 of 16