Digital Art Zone

2 of 8
DAZ server problems
Posted: 29 September 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02
Taozen - 29 September 2012 04:28 PM

I’m just testing a workaround for this though, and it seems to work, so I’ll put up a temporary version people can use if they like. The file integrity check and other stuff is disabled though as it depends on the file size info, but file download is working OK. And no corrupted files among those 80 files I’ve downloaded and tested so far. in general it’s extremely rare I encounter corrupted files with the program, but with the current server problems I don’t know if things are as stable as they use to be. Looks like it though, as far as I can tell.

That did the trick. (That was fast work!). Thanks!

No zips, but everything seems to be a plausible size. I don’t have time to install, this afternoon, if I get corruption, I’ll just download again (I didn’t clear them).

The list’s top file showed 3 retries left, instead of 4. I guess it didn’t succeed the first time.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 29 September 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1849
Joined  2008-05-31
T Jaiman - 29 September 2012 04:50 PM
Taozen - 29 September 2012 04:28 PM

I’m just testing a workaround for this though, and it seems to work, so I’ll put up a temporary version people can use if they like. The file integrity check and other stuff is disabled though as it depends on the file size info, but file download is working OK. And no corrupted files among those 80 files I’ve downloaded and tested so far. in general it’s extremely rare I encounter corrupted files with the program, but with the current server problems I don’t know if things are as stable as they use to be. Looks like it though, as far as I can tell.

The list’s top file showed 3 retries left, instead of 4. I guess it didn’t succeed the first time.

Well the code that retries download if a file appears to be corrupted has been disabled in this version as it is dependent on the server data that’s currently missing, so I cannot be that. I recall however that someone else had their downloads reset to zero by a single download (they were using another program though). So maybe the server is playing some tricks sometimes.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 29 September 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Taozen - 29 September 2012 08:38 PM

Well the code that retries download if a file appears to be corrupted has been disabled in this version as it is dependent on the server data that’s currently missing, so I cannot be that. I recall however that someone else had their downloads reset to zero by a single download (they were using another program though). So maybe the server is playing some tricks sometimes.

Yeah. My thought was the server might’ve said “Do what now?” on the first try. Figuratively speaking. It’d retry in that case, right?

I wouldn’t put anything past the server, at the moment.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Posted: 29 September 2012 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1849
Joined  2008-05-31
T Jaiman - 29 September 2012 09:42 PM

Yeah. My thought was the server might’ve said “Do what now?” on the first try. Figuratively speaking. It’d retry in that case, right?

Umm, not sure what you mean by “Do that now”?

The (current version of) the program is hardcoded to send only one download request per file, and if the server acknowledges it, it should count as one download only (if the download process fails for some reason, like timeout, the program just continues to the next file. If more downloads are “used” per request sent, there must be something malfunctioning internally on the server (or somewhere else between the program and the server).

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 29 September 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Taozen - 29 September 2012 10:32 PM
T Jaiman - 29 September 2012 09:42 PM

Umm, not sure what you mean by “Do that now”?

I didn’t notice it’s easy to misread, in type. And I forgot the comma, and the emphasis. “Do what, now?” is a comedic phrase a friend coined. (Unless it’s an “ism” I haven’t heard for decades). I forgot it’s obscurity. It means “What unheard-of thing did you tell me to do?” .

The (current version of) the program is hardcoded to send only one download request per file, and if the server acknowledges it, it should count as one download only (if the download process fails for some reason, like timeout, the program just continues to the next file. If more downloads are “used” per request sent, there must be something malfunctioning internally on the server (or somewhere else between the program and the server).

I’m a bit sleep-deprived, I think I follow that. In any case, I was blaming the server. (But guessed the wrong detail, I guess… must sleep…).

What would happen if the server didn’t acknowledge the request?

Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2012 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2004-06-23

Well, I give up. Only the main Shop page and the Sales and Promotions page will open. On all others I get what I posted the image of and the links all open the same thing. The forum is fine though.

Cleared everything that can be cleared which I already knew would not help.

All I know is it was like this most of yesterday until it worked for a while and then returned to this problem all day today. I cannot make a purchase here as it is. The problem is not at my end, nor does it matter what browser I use. I’ll check back another day. I’ll wait until another sale, another time. I’ve spent way to much time fooling with this now.

I should mention that I can go to my account page just fine and reset or download if I want. Just can’t get to anything to buy it.

Posted: 30 September 2012 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02

That sucks. Probably have to wait, anyhow, at this point.

But it wouldn’t hurt to submit a ticket. If I understood what was going on before (I could be wrong), some of it was triggered by random things at the other end, which weren’t the other end’s fault. They weren’t blaming people, they just had to narrow down what crazy behavior they were dealing with.

Sounds, to me, like It might plausibly be an ISP caching issue, but I don’t know how common or rare that is (or how it could fit a temporary.period of functionality).

Still must sleep…

Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2012 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1810
Joined  2012-04-14

I’ve managed to download the item I couldn’t download. However, when I tried installing some items I downloaded on Friday I found that one of the files had downloaded incorrectly. It was 10m compared to over 100mb for the other files. When I tried to redownload I had a download failure, so now I have only one chance to redownload remaining. Joy.

Posted: 30 September 2012 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-04-27

Does anyone have any idea when the download problem will be fixed?

Posted: 30 September 2012 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  862
Joined  2003-10-09
AngusMonroe - 30 September 2012 06:57 AM

Do you need to ask???

SOON!

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…  But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 30 September 2012 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2003-10-09

LG- HAHAHA!

LeatherGryphon - 30 September 2012 07:05 AM
AngusMonroe - 30 September 2012 06:57 AM

Do you need to ask???

SOON!

Posted: 30 September 2012 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  275
Joined  2003-10-09

I just wanted to say THANKS to Taozen for his work in this area.  I greatly appreciate what he has done to help compensate for DAZ’s horrible decision to change their shopping cart system.  I cannot believe DAZ actually thinks that THIS is an improvement.

Posted: 30 September 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4818
Joined  2011-10-04
anikad - 30 September 2012 06:09 AM

I’ve managed to download the item I couldn’t download. However, when I tried installing some items I downloaded on Friday I found that one of the files had downloaded incorrectly. It was 10m compared to over 100mb for the other files. When I tried to redownload I had a download failure, so now I have only one chance to redownload remaining. Joy.

I ran out of downloads with one of my purchases (a big 300 MB one), when the servers were being hammered by DDOS (considering other news trickling from that server center), but I reset it just fine, and when Taozen’s downloader worked again, I was able to download it without a problem.

So, uh, reset and try again? And try with Taozen’s tool, it really rocks.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 September 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2003-10-09

I can only hope this is a VERY temporary problem. I bought 4 items yesterday-I went through all 4 download attempts. I got one product yesterday- and a second today-after reset, And I did clear my cache. Unfortunately, the third and 4th still give me errors. Of course-only after spending minutes downloading junk!
I saw Taozen posted something that is supposed to help- does this work on Macs?

Posted: 30 September 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6177
Joined  2005-04-16
RonS - 30 September 2012 10:43 AM

I just wanted to say THANKS to Taozen for his work in this area.  I greatly appreciate what he has done to help compensate for DAZ’s horrible decision to change their shopping cart system.  I cannot believe DAZ actually thinks that THIS is an improvement.

Of course it is!  It’s more stable!  cool grin 

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

2 of 8