8 of 8
DAZ server problems
Posted: 07 October 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6137
Joined  2005-04-16
JeanneM - 07 October 2012 03:02 PM

YES! Thank you so much!! I cleared the older files and I cleared all the MAC files also! I only wish they would disappear from the list at my downloadable products at the DAZ site also once they’re cleared. smile

Thanks again for all your work!

Love, Jeanne

They do, after a certain number of days.  I’m not sure what that number is anymore.  It used to be fairly quick, but now I still have things that I bought on 09/23/2012.  So maybe it’s a month.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 07 October 2012 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  399
Joined  2012-08-14
Taozen - 07 October 2012 09:01 AM

New version 1.103 out, run your current version and auto-update or get it from the download page: http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcondo/

Thanks Taozen!!!

Signature 

Brotherlobo aka A.E. McCullough
Self-published Author and Hobbyist Designer

Checkout my website @ http://www.aemccullough.com
or on Amazon @ A.E. McCullough on Amazon
or ‘like’ me on Facebook @ A.E. McCullough on Facebook
or on deviantArt @  Brotherlobo @ deviantArt

Posted: 07 October 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

New version 1.103 out, run your current version and auto-update or get it from the download page: http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcondo/

Taozen, what’s new and improved about the wishlist GreaseMonkey script?  I’ve gotten a message about it being updated twice in the past few days.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

Oh, and a suggestion/request.  Would it be too much trouble to add some sorting options to the history manager?  Like, by Date (asc/desc) then by product name?  I’d find that handy.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1838
Joined  2008-05-31
DanaTA - 07 October 2012 03:36 PM

Taozen, what’s new and improved about the wishlist GreaseMonkey script?  I’ve gotten a message about it being updated twice in the past few days.

Dana

It’s CypherFox, not me, who’s working on that.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
DanaTA - 07 October 2012 03:37 PM

Oh, and a suggestion/request.  Would it be too much trouble to add some sorting options to the history manager?  Like, by Date (asc/desc) then by product name?  I’d find that handy.

Dana

Yes, many have requested that, but it’s a bit complex to add now, the way the program is made.

It is however possible that I’m going to create a more comprehensive DAZ Account Manager program later, which will include the current History Manager features as well as different other features, including column sorting. 

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 10 October 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Taozen - 10 October 2012 03:17 AM
DanaTA - 07 October 2012 03:37 PM

Dana

Yes, many have requested that, but it’s a bit complex to add now, the way the program is made.

It is however possible that I’m going to create a more comprehensive DAZ Account Manager program later, which will include the current History Manager features as well as different other features, including column sorting. 

That’ll be cool!

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31

New feature added to History Manager: Check for DSON updates

This feature will check the DAZ DSON pages and compare the data with your history (bundled items excluded as usual), and list those items in the DSON category that you have, so you can reset them if you like. When an item has been reset, it will automatically disappear from the list so you only will see items you haven’t reset yet, whenever you check the list.

A list of those files you already have reset can bo found in the DSON__reset.txt file in the program’s data folder. Deleting a product name from the list will make it show up on the list again.

In the same folder you can also find a complete list of the current DSON files in the DSON_list.txt file. This list will be automatically updated whenever you run the DSON check.

May sometimes take a little while before the data show up, depending on how busy the server is. No need to log in to use this feature, but you must log in to reset files, as usual.

A test version can be downloaded here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0536a-installer_DSON_TEST.zip

Let me know if there are any problems…

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  323
Joined  2004-11-27

@ Taozen,

Again today when I have downloaded a big file via Daz it just stopped at 295 mb after almost 4 hours going at steady but slow speed.  Out of frustration I took a chance with your program again and this time it seems ok!  I have decided to download only 1 file and not multiple as the previous time on your program which gave me that error messages.  It doesn’t show the download speed though but maybe it is the normal speed I get when downloading from Daz, i.e. about 20 kb/s.

As there is no option for to which folder the download should go, where will I find it after download?  Will it automatically go to the “downloads” folder in My Documents folder or to a temporary folder?

Another question, is there any way to pause download and carry on later if modem is unplugged?  The reason I am asking is when we have thunderstorms I normally unplug modem from the electrical socket as I have lost a few modems due to lightning struck in the past.  Otherwise I have to start all over again if needed.

One thing I can’t understand is how I have left 0 out of 5 tries, after tried only 2 times on Daz and now 1 time here.  It should shown at least 2 left   But when I start with your program the count was actually “0” which mean I will have to reset in case this one now still busy is unsuccessful.  Well, hold thumbs!  smile

At least your program now show the actual size of file which Daz doesn’t.  Now I can see where the bytes is standing during process! Thank you for this as it makes control over download process much better! smile

Regards,

Laura

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
launok - 13 October 2012 07:10 AM

@ Taozen,
As there is no option for to which folder the download should go, where will I find it after download?  Will it automatically go to the “downloads” folder in My Documents folder or to a temporary folder?

You can select the download folder on the Settings tab, just cilck the “Select Root Folder” button. If you haven’t changed this setting, your files will be in the default folder, the path for this folder is shown above the button. If you click on the path the folder will open automatically in Explorer if it exists (it may not work though if “Add date” is checked and the date has changed since download).

Another question, is there any way to pause download and carry on later if modem is unplugged?  The reason I am asking is when we have thunderstorms I normally unplug modem from the electrical socket as I have lost a few modems due to lightning struck in the past.  Otherwise I have to start all over again if needed.

Unfortunately not. But I’m thinking of adding that feature if i decide to continue developing the program.

One thing I can’t understand is how I have left 0 out of 5 tries, after tried only 2 times on Daz and now 1 time here.  It should shown at least 2 left   But when I start with your program the count was actually “0” which mean I will have to reset in case this one now still busy is unsuccessful.  Well, hold thumbs!  smile

It seems that the server sometimes do that, not sure what triggers it. But you can reset your files as many times as you want, so it isn’t a big problem. In case you haven’t seen it, the History Manager makes it easy to find and reset files:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

At least your program now show the actual size of file which Daz doesn’t.  Now I can see where the bytes is standing during process! Thank you for this as it makes control over download process much better! smile

You’re welcome. smile  You can also get the file sizes before download, by checking the “Get file sizes only” box.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-27
Taozen - 13 October 2012 08:12 AM
launok - 13 October 2012 07:10 AM

@ Taozen,

You can select the download folder on the Settings tab, just cilck the “Select Root Folder” button. If you haven’t changed this setting, your files will be in the default folder, the path for this folder is shown above the button. If you click on the path the folder will open automatically in Explorer if it exists (it may not work though if “Add date” is checked and the date has changed since download).

Unfortunately not. But I’m thinking of adding that feature if i decide to continue developing the program.

It seems that the server sometimes do that, not sure what triggers it. But you can reset your files as many times as you want, so it isn’t a big problem. In case you haven’t seen it, the History Manager makes it easy to find and reset files:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

You’re welcome. smile  You can also get the file sizes before download, by checking the “Get file sizes only” box.

Thanks for your reply, but look what happened after a few hours downloading time!  You can see when the actual download started and the error came up in the image!  I thought it was going so well.  :(  It stopped at 281 mb.

Have to go and reset ... and start again.  downer
Laura

Image Attachments
Corrupt_download.jpg

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31

Sorry about that, but there’s nothing I can do about it. The program itself cannot cause that kind of error, it’s a problem with the network (your connection) or the DAZ server. I’ve downloaded that file myself several times and haven’t had any problems. Just tried again now, and everything went fine as you can see.

I’ll suggest you use a program with Reget support, so that it continues from where the file broke if you try again. IE does that, as far as I recall.

Image Attachments
dazdl329928.jpg
 Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-27
Taozen - 13 October 2012 10:32 AM

Sorry about that, but there’s nothing I can do about it. The program itself cannot cause that kind of error, it’s a problem with the network (your connection) or the DAZ server. I’ve downloaded that file myself several times and haven’t had any problems. Just tried again now, and everything went fine as you can see.

I’ll suggest you use a program with Reget support, so that it continues from where the file broke if you try again. IE does that, as far as I recall.

Gosh, it must be my network speed and ADSL connection.  If I look at your image the time it took for downloads went very fast!  Mine is very slow indeed and takes many hours.  No wonder I am having problems at ShareCG too.  It is almost as if some interference many times broke the downloads.  Anyway, thank you for your time.  grin

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
launok - 13 October 2012 10:44 AM
Taozen - 13 October 2012 10:32 AM

Gosh, it must be my network speed and ADSL connection.  If I look at your image the time it took for downloads went very fast!  Mine is very slow indeed and takes many hours.  No wonder I am having problems at ShareCG too.  It is almost as if some interference many times broke the downloads.  Anyway, thank you for your time.  grin

Yes, that’s one of the problems with a slow connection - the longer time the download takes, the greater the risk for a network or server error to occur, as these happen regularly. But I hope you manage to get your file anyway, one way or another. smile

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

8 of 8