Image Attachments
2012-06-09-02-53-00.jpg
 Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 10 June 2012 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

Suhwheeeet! It’s great having that back. Works perfectly! No corruption or nuthin’.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 10 June 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  980
Joined  2010-01-23

Thanks so much for this, Kendall.

I’ve been having problems with some installers for a couple of days - I thought my downloads had gone wrong, so tried again…and again…

Then this morning I disovered this thread, downloaded your fix zip, ran it and suddenly everything is working perfectly!

You’re a star.

Posted: 10 June 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1736
Joined  2006-02-17
MelanieL - 10 June 2012 01:34 PM

Thanks so much for this, Kendall.

I’ve been having problems with some installers for a couple of days - I thought my downloads had gone wrong, so tried again…and again…

Then this morning I disovered this thread, downloaded your fix zip, ran it and suddenly everything is working perfectly!

You’re a star.

I’m glad I could help.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 10 June 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  446
Joined  2011-04-19

After you had made the life saver tool after waiting for ever to get my downloades it worked like a charm, it has been a while since I ordered anything so I thought I would see if they had it fixed, just made my order 1 thing & sure enough it wouldn’t open tried 2 times then went to your Awesome tool & it worked like a charm.

Will wait to order anything else hopefully they will get it fixed soon, but please keep your tool open untill they do. lol

Thank you again Kendall. smile

Posted: 10 June 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Alethas Fantasy - 10 June 2012 03:20 PM

After you had made the life saver tool after waiting for ever to get my downloades it worked like a charm, it has been a while since I ordered anything so I thought I would see if they had it fixed, just made my order 1 thing & sure enough it wouldn’t open tried 2 times then went to your Awesome tool & it worked like a charm.

Will wait to order anything else hopefully they will get it fixed soon, but please keep your tool open untill they do. lol

The utility will stay available as long as it is needed.  If you need or want something, there really isn’t a reason to wait.  If it won’t extract then use my utility and have fun with the new toy.  Think of it as “partial assembly required.”

You’re certainly welcome.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 10 June 2012 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  446
Joined  2011-04-19
Kendall Sears - 10 June 2012 05:28 PM

The utility will stay available as long as it is needed.  If you need or want something, there really isn’t a reason to wait.  If it won’t extract then use my utility and have fun with the new toy.  Think of it as “partial assembly required.”

Kendall

LOL TOO Funny but Oh so true!!!!

I was talking to CS Right after you had made your Dynamite tool, I had a ticked in the day the new store open that I couldn’t open my zips, he lead me to you, I wrote him back & told him after all of this time waiting Kendall was my Hero!!! he wrote back & said you was his Hero also, he was going to have to think of something to do for you, I think Daz owe’s you a lot!!! A lot of head ack off of them. 

I’m use to assembly so as long as you got our backs, I will keep on playing, love new toys to play with. lol

Woo Hoo, Aletha

Posted: 10 June 2012 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Alethas Fantasy - 10 June 2012 05:58 PM
Kendall Sears - 10 June 2012 05:28 PM

Kendall

LOL TOO Funny but Oh so true!!!!

I was talking to CS Right after you had made your Dynamite tool, I had a ticked in the day the new store open that I couldn’t open my zips, he lead me to you, I wrote him back & told him after all of this time waiting Kendall was my Hero!!! he wrote back & said you was his Hero also, he was going to have to think of something to do for you, I think Daz owe’s you a lot!!! A lot of head ack off of them. 

I’m use to assembly so as long as you got our backs, I will keep on playing, love new toys to play with. lol

Woo Hoo, Aletha

As I get time, I’ll be creating utilities and more for DS.  I owe the Carraraists a tool, and as soon as I can get an answer to a question, they’ll have one better than I originally promised.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 10 June 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2006-05-09
Kendall Sears - 10 June 2012 06:03 PM

As I get time, I’ll be creating utilities and more for DS.  I owe the Carraraists a tool, and as soon as I can get an answer to a question, they’ll have one better than I originally promised.

Kendall

OoOoo.. Carrara toooooool.. show the love! (seriously though, any hints as I have a poor memory :D)

Signature 

Carrara Cafe

Posted: 10 June 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
-_Milo_- - 10 June 2012 07:21 PM
Kendall Sears - 10 June 2012 06:03 PM

Kendall

OoOoo.. Carrara toooooool.. show the love! (seriously though, any hints as I have a poor memory :D)

It is a tool to repair .car files if the content (runtime) is moved.  I’m adding a few extra “enhancements.”

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 11 June 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1583
Joined  2008-05-31
T Jaiman - 10 June 2012 06:02 AM

Suhwheeeet! It’s great having that back. Works perfectly! No corruption or nuthin’.

Thanks for the feedback, glad that it works for you!

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 12 June 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2006-05-04
Kendall Sears - 29 May 2012 03:11 PM

I have written a small utility that will repair the files downloaded from the DAZ site.  It is available for Windows here:

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/

There is a zip file with both 32 and 64 bit exe’s in there.  This is on a low bandwidth server, but is only a tad over 1M in size, so be patient.  If the load becomes too high I will transfer it to my high-bandwidth servers.

I have also written a version for Mac.  If you are a Mac user and need it please PM me and I’ll make it available.

The Download for the 4.5 Release Candidate is also affected.  This utility will repair that as well.

Kendall

Thank you.  Daz should pay you for your time.  After spending 15 min downloading hundreds of meg and having the files blow out, Daz’s name becomes a form of curse word to the end user.  You have done them (and us) a serious kindness with this..

Posted: 13 June 2012 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  0

Thanks Kendall
I downloaded the free Bryce 5.5 Content Kit Volume 1 and it wouldn’t work. After two more dowloads, thinking the files were corrupt, I was going nuts. shock
Then I found your utility and it worked brilliantly.grin
Thanks again.

Signature 

Posted: 13 June 2012 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2004-06-28

post deleted..sry

Posted: 13 June 2012 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

@Dark Rider
@Gralien

Glad my work could help you out.

Kendall

Signature 

6 of 9