Utility to repair damaged Installers Available
Posted: 04 June 2012 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1860
Joined  2006-02-17
TrekkieGal - 04 June 2012 04:33 PM

It won’t work.  It keeps failing.  I give up, I’m through with DAZ

What installer are you using it on?  There are some installers that are beyond repair.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 05 June 2012 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2003-10-09

Windows 7 ultimate x64 worked with no problem grin

Posted: 05 June 2012 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi.

I can’t run any of the zip files I get on the DAZ site. I couldn’t install Daz Studio 4.5 and I thought it was a problem with the program itself. But when I bought some products and tried to run the zip files no one of them ran on my PC. I bought some Renderosity product to see if it was a problem with my Winzip but I didn’t have any problem to install their product. So it has to be some bug with the zip files of DAZ 3D. For now, it’s OK because I use instead the other files (.exe) but it’s an important bug. If DAZ is going to put all their products in a zip format, it will be a big problem for me, and maybe for other users as well. That’s why I have to mention it.

Best regards.

Posted: 05 June 2012 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5868
Joined  2006-02-20

At the moment the zip files are still for Macs.
You have to download the Exe files for a PC.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 05 June 2012 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Lyone - 05 June 2012 03:41 AM

Hi.

I can’t run any of the zip files I get on the DAZ site. I couldn’t install Daz Studio 4.5 and I thought it was a problem with the program itself. But when I bought some products and tried to run the zip files no one of them ran on my PC. I bought some Renderosity product to see if it was a problem with my Winzip but I didn’t have any problem to install their product. So it has to be some bug with the zip files of DAZ 3D. For now, it’s OK because I use instead the other files (.exe) but it’s an important bug. If DAZ is going to put all their products in a zip format, it will be a big problem for me, and maybe for other users as well. That’s why I have to mention it.

Best regards.

Currently, all Windows products are in .exe format.  There are a few things that have been converted, but that chances are that you need the .exe files.  The .zips are going to give you Macintosh .sit formatted files which are going to be useless under Windows.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 05 June 2012 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

This is to let people know that as of about 5 minutes ago, the downloads still exhibit the problem that my utility fixes.  I will have the utility available for download as long as it takes for everyone to get things working.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2003-10-09

I don’t understand this output file business. Do you copy the installer and rename it? Example I copied the installer “ps_ac1604b_TrampSteamer1” then renamed it to “ps_as1604b_TrampSteamer1-fixed” tried running it through the program and bingo it would not fix the installer it kept saying that the “output file conflicts with existing file.” Okay so now I don’t get this thing at all. It appears there is more than just putting a file in the top box and then some unknown value and hocus pocus it’s all fixed.

This should have been dealt with via Daz and not some poor 3rd party guy giving his time to fix it. Gee Daz wonder why people are upset???  Now either I am not doing something right or the tramp steamer installer is toast which wouldn’t surprise me given the ball dropping Daz has been doing lately. Why do I sound upset? Because for weeks now I have gone around and around with Tramp Steamer that was suppose to go into a piece of commissioned artwork. Not only am I upset so is the person that wanted the artwork.

Now please clear, precise, non IT speak instructions would really, really be appreciated it truly would be smile

Windows 7 64-bit machine and yes I’ve been trying the 64 version of your fix.

Thank you, thank you!!

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
PaganArtist - 06 June 2012 12:59 PM

I don’t understand this output file business. Do you copy the installer and rename it? Example I copied the installer “ps_ac1604b_TrampSteamer1” then renamed it to “ps_as1604b_TrampSteamer1-fixed” tried running it through the program and bingo it would not fix the installer it kept saying that the “output file conflicts with existing file.” Okay so now I don’t get this thing at all. It appears there is more than just putting a file in the top box and then some unknown value and hocus pocus it’s all fixed.

This should have been dealt with via Daz and not some poor 3rd party guy giving his time to fix it. Gee Daz wonder why people are upset???  Now either I am not doing something right or the tramp steamer installer is toast which wouldn’t surprise me given the ball dropping Daz has been doing lately. Why do I sound upset? Because for weeks now I have gone around and around with Tramp Steamer that was suppose to go into a piece of commissioned artwork. Not only am I upset so is the person that wanted the artwork.

Now please clear, precise, non IT speak instructions would really, really be appreciated it truly would be smile

Windows 7 64-bit machine and yes I’ve been trying the 64 version of your fix.

Thank you, thank you!!

It is bad practise to modify a file “in place.”  Therefore, the program forces the use of a different filename in case something goes wrong (unexpected power loss, etc)

Instructions

Click on the browse button next to the input file.  Browse to the bad installer and select it.

Click on the browse button next to the output file.  Browse to the location that you want to save the fixed installer, give it a name that doesn’t already exist.  If you are running one of the more strict virus/system protectors, do not use a .exe extension.

Click on ‘Go’

If you see the ‘Done.” message then it found and removed the known problem.  If you see any other message, then there is something else wrong with the input file you selected.  If you had to save as a name without a .exe, you will need to rename the file to have a .exe extension before windows will run it.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

No, YOU do not rename the file, the FIXER, once it has done its job, will rename the file according to your instructions. smile All it needs to know is what file to fix (the first box), where to save it, and under what name, and for that purpose you got that latter box.

Step 1.
I pick file.

Step 2.
I select location where to save it, and file name.

Step 3.
A new wild file appears! It seems to be working! smile

Does this help?

Image Attachments
step1.png
step2.png
step3.png
 Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

Thank you very much, Skiriki!

Kendall

Skiriki - 06 June 2012 01:11 PM

No, YOU do not rename the file, the FIXER, once it has done its job, will rename the file according to your instructions. smile All it needs to know is what file to fix (the first box), where to save it, and under what name, and for that purpose you got that latter box.

Step 1.
I pick file.

Step 2.
I select location where to save it, and file name.

Step 3.
A new wild file appears! It seems to be working! smile

Does this help?

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2003-10-09

Kendall thanks mate worked like a charm. smile

Posted: 06 June 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
PaganArtist - 06 June 2012 01:17 PM

Kendall thanks mate worked like a charm. smile

I’m glad it helped.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2012 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2005-08-09

Thank you so much I finally got it to work.

Posted: 08 June 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1706
Joined  2008-05-31

You could try this, it contains a fix so it will downlad the files without corrupting them, and it’s currently free:

http://taosoft.dk/software/3DConDo/

Note that the fix in most cases will use an extra download per file, so you must have at least two downloads left for each file to be sure that it works.

As an alternative you can check and download one file at a time. This will usually only use up one download, but is a bit more troublesome of course. 

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 08 June 2012 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2007-02-28

There is no way to download the app

5 of 9