Digital Art Zone

3 of 9
Utility to repair damaged Installers Available
Posted: 01 June 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  0

Okay , so I have a zip file (mac) that I downloaded from Daz that my usual archive programs can’t open. Is this utility for that problem? Or should I post a support ticket?

Sorry if I’m being a bit thick - I’ve been one of the lucky ones so far, the “great change” hasn’t effected me at all up until this point!

Kaitan

Posted: 01 June 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1870
Joined  2006-02-17
Tylerguy - 01 June 2012 10:59 AM

Okay , so I have a zip file (mac) that I downloaded from Daz that my usual archive programs can’t open. Is this utility for that problem? Or should I post a support ticket?

Sorry if I’m being a bit thick - I’ve been one of the lucky ones so far, the “great change” hasn’t effected me at all up until this point!

Kaitan

Yes.  This is exactly what the utility is for.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2011-04-19

OMG You are a Angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so Excited after over 2 weeks, I got what I paid for, You are Awesome!
Know Daz should be so thankful to you for this big help for there members, it takes a big load of them.

Thank you so so much big hugz 2 U. smile

Aletha

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  2011-08-08
Kendall Sears - 29 May 2012 03:11 PM

I have written a small utility that will repair the files downloaded from the DAZ site.  It is available for Windows here:

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/

There is a zip file with both 32 and 64 bit exe’s in there.  This is on a low bandwidth server, but is only a tad over 1M in size, so be patient.  If the load becomes too high I will transfer it to my high-bandwidth servers.

I have also written a version for Mac.  If you are a Mac user and need it please PM me and I’ll make it available.

The Download for the 4.5 Release Candidate is also affected.  This utility will repair that as well.

Kendall

I have the download. Now I need to know which is my input file and which is my output file. I don’t want to mess things up by entering the wrong files into the wrong text box. Is the DAZ Studio software the Input or output file? Whichever it is, then the product file must be the other one. Please let me know ASAP.
Thanks.

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4789
Joined  2011-10-04

Input file: the damaged installer file.
Output file: how you want to name the copy of your fixed installer file.

For example, I had ps_an117_3DDonkey.exe which needed fixing. This was the input file. I outputted it to ps_an117_3DDonkey-fixed.exe

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9327
Joined  2007-11-06

The file you downloaded that isn’t working is the input file.  The output file is whatever you want to call the fixed version.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-08-08
Skiriki - 01 June 2012 03:31 PM

Input file: the damaged installer file.
Output file: how you want to name the copy of your fixed installer file.

For example, I had ps_an117_3DDonkey.exe which needed fixing. This was the input file. I outputted it to ps_an117_3DDonkey-fixed.exe

Thanks for the information. I now know what to do. The example was the clue that got me over the hump. Oh yeah, I forgot, Donkeys don’t have humps. Ha.wink

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Mage 13X13 - 01 June 2012 03:41 PM

Thanks for the information. I now know what to do. The example was the clue that got me over the hump. Oh yeah, I forgot, Donkeys don’t have humps. Ha.wink

LOL Well the bison I fixed kind of does! LOL

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Joined  0

I’m afraid the mac version doesn’t seem to be working for me. The file I’m having trouble with is 14063_SupersuitBootsBelt_v1-1.0_trx.zip.
When I try to open it I get “Unable to expand 14063_SupersuitBootsBelt_v1-1.0_trx.zip into ‘documents’ “. I ran it through the FixDaz utility and named the file super.zip, but I get the same message when I try to open the new file.

Not really sure what I’m doing wrong :(

Kaitan

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-08-08
Skiriki - 01 June 2012 03:49 PM
Mage 13X13 - 01 June 2012 03:41 PM

LOL Well the bison I fixed kind of does! LOL

Yeah, You’re right about that.
On the subject: I tried the fix and got the no problem found message, but the file is still not installing. It’s the recently offered free product 13601_SweetDreams. I’m now at a loss for what to do.

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Mage 13X13 - 01 June 2012 04:14 PM

On the subject: I tried the fix and got the no problem found message, but the file is still not installing. It’s the recently offered free product 13601_SweetDreams. I’m now at a loss for what to do.

Odd, the file did not have a problem when I downloaded it. Have you tried to re-download it?

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1870
Joined  2006-02-17
Tylerguy - 01 June 2012 03:52 PM

I’m afraid the mac version doesn’t seem to be working for me. The file I’m having trouble with is 14063_SupersuitBootsBelt_v1-1.0_trx.zip.
When I try to open it I get “Unable to expand 14063_SupersuitBootsBelt_v1-1.0_trx.zip into ‘documents’ “. I ran it through the FixDaz utility and named the file super.zip, but I get the same message when I try to open the new file.

Kaitan

Did the utility give you a message of “Done.”  or something else when you ran it against the installer?

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-08-08
Skiriki - 01 June 2012 04:22 PM
Mage 13X13 - 01 June 2012 04:14 PM

Odd, the file did not have a problem when I downloaded it. Have you tried to re-download it?

Yes. I deleted the original download and downloaded it again because at first I thought the problem was due to the file being corrupted by internet service interruptions.

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Joined  0
Kendall Sears - 01 June 2012 04:24 PM
Tylerguy - 01 June 2012 03:52 PM

Kaitan

Did the utility give you a message of “Done.”  or something else when you ran it against the installer?

Kendall

Yes, I get the “Done” message.

Kaitan

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Mage 13X13 - 01 June 2012 04:30 PM

Yes. I deleted the original download and downloaded it again because at first I thought the problem was due to the file being corrupted by internet service interruptions.

It is possible that the daft computer decided to dig the version out of cache when you downloaded it second time. “Oh hey same filename, I’ll save time and just mooch it from the cache, what would these users do without me, I’m a potato.”

Empty your browser cache and try a new download, saving to a different location? That file shouldn’t be corrupted.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

3 of 9