Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Hey Daz, what’s up with your servers ?
Posted: 28 September 2012 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2004-12-23

Well, I tried to buy something yesterday and had big problems to pay it, store pages took several minutes to load (not to mention Magento and server error messages). But astonishingly the actual download was rather fast (over 1MB/s).
Today on the other hand the site just wasn’t there till recently: “Website unavailable”, “403 Forbidden” and other messages. Ping to DAZ3D was normal though, so it’s apparently just the HTTP service which crashed.

Signature 

Extinct

Posted: 28 September 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  302
Joined  2004-08-13

I get the green alien when I try to come to Daz directly (as opposed through a forum link).

5 of my downloads yesterday were corrupt and I had to download them again today. This has happened to me only a couple of times in the 8 years I’ve been buying from Daz.

It’s also been very, very slow at times.

I’m in Canada, and I am not imagining things.

Posted: 29 September 2012 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2010-04-27

Hey wow, DAZ site is back after maintenance and it works pretty smooth.
I even could download my last missing file which made so much trouble yesterday.
Have a nice weekend everyone grin

Posted: 29 September 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m having the same issues on 9/29/12- around 12 PM California time. I bought 4 items-one success- 3 failures. I get partial downloads that won’t unzip. Firefox, OSX 10.6.8

CrimsonMagic - 28 September 2012 02:22 PM

Since yesterday there are immense problems to download some purchases.
E.g. for 14874_HipAndHappeningTextures_1.0_ds.exe I tried 10 times and it was always broken (max. I got was 82MB).
Can anybody please tell me how big this file is !?!
I think problems are not on my side because I can download from e.g. rendo without having broken dls.
And when will the issue be fixed that file sizes are not displayed ? It’s really annoying :-(

Posted: 29 September 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

I can download fine. Haven’t tried the store today, but no problems yesterday (other than the slowness).

Today is like a flashback. Things they seemed to have had fixed, before. But just minor stuff, so far, for me.

I had to clear my cache and cookies to get in. I’m getting logged out of the store and forums. And my topic reply emails are sporadic.

It’s different stuff for different people, and some are trouble-free. That’s going to make it a bugger to fix. (Unless their old notes help).

Edit: And I’m not getting PM notification emails. cool mad

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

2 of 2