Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Hey Daz, what’s up with your servers ?
Posted: 28 September 2012 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2010-04-27

Since yesterday there are immense problems to download some purchases.
E.g. for 14874_HipAndHappeningTextures_1.0_ds.exe I tried 10 times and it was always broken (max. I got was 82MB).
Can anybody please tell me how big this file is !?!
I think problems are not on my side because I can download from e.g. rendo without having broken dls.
And when will the issue be fixed that file sizes are not displayed ? It’s really annoying :-(

Posted: 28 September 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2781
Joined  2004-04-14

When was the last time you tried?

Have you tried using another Browser?

Have you tried logging out, clearing your cache and logging back in?

I ask only cause I was able to get 7 files totaling 586MB yesterday without issues.  All downloaded at maximum speed for me.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 28 September 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-27

Yes I tried everything.
I’m in Germany ... ISP Telekom DSL 1MBit/s
Last time I tried was about 1 hour ago and x times before the whole afternoon LOL

Posted: 28 September 2012 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2781
Joined  2004-04-14

Hmmm, Im out of suggestions then.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 28 September 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15260
Joined  2003-10-09

Normally the essential thing is to close your browser and clear the cache, because a partial download will stay in your computers cache memory and subsequent attempts to download will fail at a similar point if you don’t do this.

Like Matty I have been doing a lot of downloading, as I am reinstalling stuff to a new PC, and have had no problems, and I have a lousy broadband connection compared to most.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 28 September 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  199
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m in the UK and downloads have been terrible for me today.

I bought quite a few items and I kept getting messages from IE saying downloads had been interrupted. I finally got everyting downloaded after lots of retries.

And when you run out of attempts the resets are not helped by the way the itemised order history works now. Its in alphabetical order and you can’t search or sort it. You have to page through it which is tedious if you’ve been buying from Daz as long as I have!

Posted: 28 September 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-27

I bought 17 items today with a total of 32 files.
About 8 out of the 32 files was big trouble to download (and yep, resetting something in the item history is a ....).
My assumption is that files are on different servers and one of them seems to have problems.
DAZ should check their server logs!

Posted: 28 September 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15260
Joined  2003-10-09
Peter Wade - 28 September 2012 03:11 PM

I bought quite a few items and I kept getting messages from IE saying downloads had been interrupted. I finally got everyting downloaded after lots of retries.

And when you run out of attempts the resets are not helped by the way the itemised order history works now. Its in alphabetical order and you can’t search or sort it. You have to page through it which is tedious if you’ve been buying from Daz as long as I have!

Well I am in the UK as well and as I said in one of the worst places for broadband speed in Wales. We rate in the top twelve worst areas. The only difference is that I haven’t used IE for a good many years. I use FireFox   IE does seem to be more problemsome with downloading than other browsers. Amongst my downloads in the last couple of days has been Bryce which is quite a large download, but had no problems.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 28 September 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
chohole - 28 September 2012 03:43 PM
Peter Wade - 28 September 2012 03:11 PM

Well I am in the UK as well and as I said in one of the worst places for broadband speed in Wales. We rate in the top twelve worst areas. The only difference is that I haven’t used IE for a good many years. I use FireFox   IE does seem to be more problemsome with downloading than other browsers. Amongst my downloads in the last couple of days has been Bryce which is quite a large download, but had no problems.

OOH!  I smell new machine in that comment.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 September 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  892
Joined  2007-01-04

The entire site has been slow as hell for me for a couple of days, it takes a minute or so just to get into the forums and a couple of minutes to open any thread, so crapping out on downloads and a very slow site could be related.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 28 September 2012 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-27

Hope someone at DAZ headquarters reads this and takes care wink

Posted: 28 September 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2007-03-03

I dunno, but I wish they’d fix it.  I’m trying to BUY SOMETHING from them, and I can’t even get through the checkout (this is after struggling to even view products).

Signature 

-Kodiak3d

“I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me, or am I even in its mind at all?”
- “Crystal Ball” by Styx

Posted: 28 September 2012 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2003-10-09

The servers were completely down for a while today. I kept getting redirected to a web caching service that didn’t actually have a cached copy of the site.

DAZ should extend the sale for another day.

Posted: 28 September 2012 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4118
Joined  2011-11-25

I thought daz had been undergoing a denial of service attack since yesterday. I have had periodic trouble getting online since then. IT may be regional, but it really has been having problems since yesterday am.

Posted: 28 September 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  563
Joined  2004-11-04

It’s not just DAZ. Many banks and business using the same servers have been hit. Fortunately, DAZ has been on top of it and fixing faster than the other businesses.

Kinda doesn’t help that 10k+ downloads happening at once raspberry

Signature 

DZ FIRE’S
MASTER MODELS

Click HERE to get started.
Facebook

Posted: 28 September 2012 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2007-03-03

I don’t think anyone would bother with a DOS attack on DAZ.  It’s not like they’re some worldwide megacorporation or anything.

Signature 

-Kodiak3d

“I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me, or am I even in its mind at all?”
- “Crystal Ball” by Styx

1 of 2