Saving Bryce Objects for Export

Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 216
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I have created several cool 3D models using Bryce 7 Pro. While I can use them in my own works done in Bryce and DAZ Studio, I have been unable to save and export them so that I can upload them as free or salable objects for others to use.
I need someone to give me simple step by step instructions on how to do this. If anyone knows how to do this and can send me step by step instructions, I will greatly appreciate it.
I'm new to this kind of thing, so make it as simple as possible.
Thank you.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,378
    edited December 1969

I shall move your post to the Bryce forum

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 216
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I shall move your post to the Bryce forum

Sorry. I'm still trying to figure out how to get around in the DAZ 3D Forums. It is a bit different than before.

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited May 2012

I have created several cool 3D models using Bryce 7 Pro. While I can use them in my own works done in Bryce and DAZ Studio, I have been unable to save and export them so that I can upload them as free or salable objects for others to use.
    I need someone to give me simple step by step instructions on how to do this.

What sort of objects have you used to make these models? Can you supply a render of a couple? Is English a second language for you?

Post edited by Oroboros on
    edited December 1969

Oroboros said:
    I need someone to give me simple step by step instructions on how to do this.

What sort of objects have you used to make these models? Can you supply a render of a couple? Is English a second language for you?

I use the primitives found in the program. For more complex models I use the symmetric lattice, which can be modified using the deep terrain editor. I'll upload a render for you to see; however, because of limits on file size, it will be a small version. It is my concept of a Berserker ship from the "Berserker" science fiction series.
    As for whether English is my first or second language, it is my only language and I am quite proficient using it.

Berserker_Concept_A.jpg
    768 x 432 - 26K
  • TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

You will find some valuable knowledge here.

Bryce Artists Guide

Cool image.

edited December 1969

You will find some valuable knowledge here.

Bryce Artists Guide

Cool image.

Thanks for the compliment and the advice. As you can see from the picture, I have my own style. While I like using the models that others create and upload for us, I think my best work comes from my own imagination. It would be great to be able to share some of that with other artists. I.d love to see what someone else can do with the objects and materials presets I come up with.

• alymacalymac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

in older versions of bryce maybe around 5? , there was a way to group severall objects together and export them as an . obj, unfortunately i have not been able to reproduce this in either bryce 6 or 7.

• HoroHoro Posts: 4,271
    edited December 1969

You can still group in 7.1 and even collaps it to one object. The important thing is to make each part positive. It won't work if the objects are neutral.