Digital Art Zone

Help with Lights
Posted: 28 September 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-10-24

Hi people,

I am new with poser and i find it quite interesting.Because of the Halloween i want to make a theme based on that. What i am trying to do is to use a pumpkin with nothing inside it emitting light from inside(if possible to have a fainting light lens coming out of it).Also the whole set will be a neighborhood with 2 houses(dont want to make something big from my pc to render)and i wanted the windows of the houses to emit light as well like there is a party inside of them.For the houses i thought that a material that has lighting attributes, because the windows will be a plane prop, can help but i am not sure how to do it. I find poser lights a little bit weird compared to max but i want to learn it as.Any help will be appreciated smile

Posted: 28 September 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14343
Joined  2003-10-09

If you are trying to look realistic it would be better to put a point light inside the items and make their surfaces translucent, so that they appear lit from behind.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 September 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2008-10-24

how can i make the surfaces translucent?

Posted: 29 September 2012 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Translucency settings are about a third of the way down the Poser Surface node in the Advanced view of the Material Room.

Signature 

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-10-24

i tried it at the pumpkin and i had a decent result.Now i am trying to make a street lamp to have a nice light effect.to make the lamp emit light and also to light a small area around it i do the same thing with the point light?

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

If you want to add a glow around a light you will need something to catch the glow or a volumetric effect. Poser does have an atmosphere that should do the job, though I’ve never experimented with it. Alternatively you can use a number of nested spheres around the light, with translucence and a low opacity value (and shadow casting set to off) to fake the effect.

Signature