Posted: 19 August 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2006-05-14
Sasje - 19 August 2012 12:27 PM
Jake__Russel - 17 August 2012 03:05 PM
Sasje - 17 August 2012 11:13 AM

The game case looks great, how did you do that

I got a blu-ray case from google images and used Photoshop and the Warp or perspective tool to distort the image to fit at the angle that the case is facing. I really want to see you do the one with Lara with the round sunglasses. It reminds me of Tomb Raider 3.

This is a WIP, I need fix a few things.
I want to show you this so far grin

Wow, you did it! You actually did it. I had to look closely to see if that was your rendering or an actual cover. For me, the Tomb raider 3 cover was the best Tomb Raider cover of all the games. All it needs is to for Lara to be a little brighter (like the example above) and add gun flash and it could pass for a real game cover. Can you find a higher resolution “Playstation” logo? Its kind of blurry. After that, all you need is a CD jewel case (Google it in google images). Then it will look like a real game.

Posted: 19 August 2012 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2010-02-25

Thank you,  grin I will see what I can do and try to find a better logo.

Signature 

My renders on deviantART http://rendersas.deviantart.com/

Posted: 19 August 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5937
Joined  2006-08-27
Sasje - 19 August 2012 12:27 PM
Jake__Russel - 17 August 2012 03:05 PM
Sasje - 17 August 2012 11:13 AM

The game case looks great, how did you do that

I got a blu-ray case from google images and used Photoshop and the Warp or perspective tool to distort the image to fit at the angle that the case is facing. I really want to see you do the one with Lara with the round sunglasses. It reminds me of Tomb Raider 3.

This is a WIP, I need fix a few things.
I want to show you this so far grin

That looks great!

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 20 August 2012 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-25

Thank you.smile

Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-25

Oke I did this so far but I’m struggle with the gun fire how to do that better.
These gun fires are some brushes, maybe some tip or advise what I can do or can use?

Image Attachments
promo_lara_bew_nieuw_gun_f.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
Sasje - 20 August 2012 03:16 PM

Oke I did this so far but I’m struggle with the gun fire how to do that better.
These gun fires are some brushes, maybe some tip or advise what I can do or can use?

I re-looked at the Tomb raider 3 cover and the flash is a little smaller and subtler. The flash is also a little yellowish too. One more thing, her facial expression should be more cool and calm (like the real cover) rather than angry. See one of her eyebrows are up like she’s posing for a photoshoot. (Remember, Lara is tough and beautiful, but also cool too). But its almost there. Its looking great!

Image Attachments
images.jpeg

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27

She’s also low poly! wink There’s a lot the mind has to fill in. I think that the expression is darn near right on! I agree about the gun flash.

Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
evilproducer - 20 August 2012 04:12 PM

She’s also low poly! wink There’s a lot the mind has to fill in. I think that the expression is darn near right on! I agree about the gun flash.

I think it can be interpreted either way. I see Lara smiling or tilting her eyebrow with the air of pride saying to herself “I’m so cool and beautiful I don’t even need to speak”. You see her as tough and frowning at bad guys at the distance saying “I may be a woman but I’m tough as nails too”.  (Please correct me if I’m wrong). But it looks perfect either way.

Posted: 21 August 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-25
Jake__Russel - 20 August 2012 03:47 PM

I re-looked at the Tomb raider 3 cover and the flash is a little smaller and subtler. The flash is also a little yellowish too. One more thing, her facial expression should be more cool and calm (like the real cover) rather than angry. See one of her eyebrows are up like she’s posing for a photoshoot. (Remember, Lara is tough and beautiful, but also cool too). But its almost there. Its looking great!

I think this will be the finall one. grin

Image Attachments
test_promo_compleet.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 21 August 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
Sasje - 21 August 2012 11:01 AM

Yes, that is perfect. It looks better than any promo of Lara I ever seen. How did you get the clothes to be almost exactly like the actual ones? Did you get those from Daz or did you model them yourself?

Posted: 21 August 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27

Very, very cool!

Signature 

Posted: 21 August 2012 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-25
Jake__Russel - 21 August 2012 11:49 AM
Sasje - 21 August 2012 11:01 AM

Yes, that is perfect. It looks better than any promo of Lara I ever seen. How did you get the clothes to be almost exactly like the actual ones? Did you get those from Daz or did you model them yourself?

Thank you grinThe top is B2Basics-Lara Outfit here on DAZ but the other pieces aren’t for sale anymore
That was an product on Renderocity site.
I wish I could make some cloth in Hexagon. oh oh

Signature 

Posted: 21 August 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-25
evilproducer - 21 August 2012 12:18 PM

Very, very cool!

Thank you grin
I saw in the WIP you’re pictures and it has some light beams, how did you do that??

Signature 

Posted: 21 August 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
Sasje - 21 August 2012 01:37 PM
evilproducer - 21 August 2012 12:18 PM

Very, very cool!

Thank you grin
I saw in the WIP you’re pictures and it has some light beams, how did you do that??

Which picture? The one with the dirigible? Carrara has a 3D light cone. It can be rendered as an alpha for later compositing if desired. Needed if you’re using dynamic hair. You can also have it use your light’s gels to color the cone. You can also have the objects within the cone cast visible shadows or even shine the cone through transparencies (very slow.) There’s also noise you can add and animate to simulate dust or what-not. It’s not perfect, but I find if used with restraint, it can add a very nice effect.

Image Attachments
Picture_1.pnglightcone.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 29 August 2012 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-25

Thank you evilproducer, thanks for example.grin

Signature 

3 of 10