2 of 2
How do I lay a road?
Posted: 03 October 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Is there a tiling option?

I haven’t played around enough in the various areas to know…I’ve just loaded some premade scenes to render, as a test because until recently Bryce + Linux + Wine = Do Not Work.  Finally with Wine 1.5.9 Bryce is mostly to all the way working.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 06 October 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-06-06
tdrd - 27 September 2012 05:04 PM

Thank you for your comments.

I know people have made comments and links to tutorials and I HAVE looked at some of them. I really have appreciated all the help from everyone in the group and I really apologise if some of the wuestions I ask seem pretty basic to the likes of more experienced Brycers.

<snip>

I do take on board all the advicce given and apologise if my posts are becoming tedious to some people out there… I really am humbled by the assistance given so far and I hope the rate I have learnt to make a complicated house is an inspiration for other newbies to pick Bryce up and have a go.

I do try everything in my grey cells - and after a lot of research - before I post a question on the group. I do not think “I’ll post this question” on the first inkling of a problem - please don’t think I do.

<snip>

If the content of the DVD was able to be purchased online and downloadable then I would consider it, but otherwise Sorry… No.

I hope this clears up any feelings people have about my many posts - all of which I thought reasonable at the time.

... and thanks again everyone for your help.

Terry

I second Terry’s remarks - particularly the one about a downloadable version(s) of that DVD… and the others as well. I’‘m also a beginner (transitioning from traditional - 2D on paper/canvas/etwas - art to 3D computer art. I have everything from Bryce and the other DAZ Suite of programs up to Blender, but at the present, I’m sticking to Bryce 7 Pro and Poser 6 (don’t think I can run anything newer… on my PPC Mac).

I also thank y’all very much!.

Korosho!

Jim

Signature 

“If I can leave you with one thing it would be this: Live life with your heart and your mind. Those are the two most powerful organs. And have the courage to show the world your soul. Put it out there – some people will love it, some will hate it, but at least you took the risk. And that’s what matters.”
—Shirley Kirk © 2009

Posted: 06 October 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-06
mjc1016 - 03 October 2012 02:39 PM

I haven’t played around enough in the various areas to know…I’ve just loaded some premade scenes to render, as a test because until recently Bryce + Linux + Wine = Do Not Work.  Finally with Wine 1.5.9 Bryce is mostly to all the way working.

Eh?

While Mac 10.X does have Linux under the hood, I dinna want to try to learn a new language at this late date! And that brings me to the Real Question….

Please Sir ( or Ma’am, as the case may be), just what is “Wine 1.5.9”?!?

Jim

Signature 

“If I can leave you with one thing it would be this: Live life with your heart and your mind. Those are the two most powerful organs. And have the courage to show the world your soul. Put it out there – some people will love it, some will hate it, but at least you took the risk. And that’s what matters.”
—Shirley Kirk © 2009

Posted: 06 October 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2005-11-18

Wine is a windows emulator under linux.  Just google wine linux and you should be able to find it without any problems.

Posted: 06 October 2012 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-06
RangerJimK - 06 October 2012 05:39 PM

Eh?

While Mac 10.X does have Linux under the hood, I dinna want to try to learn a new language at this late date! And that brings me to the Real Question….

Please Sir ( or Ma’am, as the case may be), just what is “Wine 1.5.9”?!?

Jim
[/quote

Pity… Here I was thinking that it was a code name for some variety of real wine.  :(

Signature 

—Shirley Kirk © 2009

2 of 2