2 of 2
Autofit… I’m in love
Posted: 30 May 2012 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04
Loaar - 30 May 2012 01:54 AM

I missed the push feature in the update notes, but that sounds like a very handy feature. I might just install 4.5 now….

ONLY if you have no important plugins, like Reality, GenX etc installed. 4.5RC1 is not compatible with those (I’ve seen a reassurance that updates come for 4.5 when it is stable and not a release candidate). I did not have anything important, so I installed. Just so that you know, and are warned of this fact.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 May 2012 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31

Appreciate the warning but I already knew about the plugins.

I do use Reality, but I’m not likely to have much time to play with it in the next month or so, which seems like a good time to play with the new RC.

Posted: 30 May 2012 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2010-12-07

Noob question but I figure its relevant, how do I access auto fit tool in Daz 4.0?  I used to love the morph to fit in Daz 3 Advanced, I tried the transfer active morphs but it didnt fix any of the poke thru. Im trying this on V4 outfit by the way on a V4(the morphs I dialed in on V4 arent on the outfit).

Posted: 30 May 2012 05:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14000
Joined  2003-10-09

Auto Fit won’t help with fitting clothes to the figure they were made for. Transfer Active Morphs should work, but if it isn’t you could try adding a smoothing modifier to the item (Edit>Figure menu) and then setting V4 as the collision target in the Parameters pane.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 30 May 2012 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

I don’t know if this was mentioned yet, because I didn’t read the whole thread, but…

if you want stuff for nearMe or some other non-supported figure, you can use CrossDresser to convert to a Gen 4 figure, then run the converted piece through Autofit. It will still botch some stuff, but alot of my stuff works this way.

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2012-01-22
Leana - 29 May 2012 11:45 AM
Paradigm67 - 29 May 2012 11:33 AM

Is there a way to use the autofit feature on older clothing? For the M/V/A/H3 generation? What about nearme?

If you buy the Gen3 iconic shapes you’ll get the autofit clones for Gen3 figures.

Here’s the link to the Gen3 iconic shapes bundle: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

Nearme doesn’t have an autofit clone AFAIK, so you’d need to convert her clothes to one of the supported figures first with another conversion application.

Hi Leana

I got the Gen3 shapes for Genesis,  how do I use the special auto fit for G3 clothing?  Thank you

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8520
Joined  2007-11-06

Once you’ve installed the Gen 3 Shapes, you’ll have the Gen 3 characters as options in the Autofit dialog.  When Gen 3 clothing is conformed to Genesis the dialog pops up, and you just pick the appropriate figure and garment type.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2012-01-22
fixmypcmike - 31 May 2012 11:51 PM

Once you’ve installed the Gen 3 Shapes, you’ll have the Gen 3 characters as options in the Autofit dialog.  When Gen 3 clothing is conformed to Genesis the dialog pops up, and you just pick the appropriate figure and garment type.

Thank you for your prompt response!

I tried it with the MechGirl for A3 that comes by default on DAZ on V5 and it worked fine, well it looks a bit weird on the boobs , but anyway

Then I tried with the Nyoko hair on V5 and it didnt work,  it never shows up the window asking what that figure that item was designed for

Then I converted the hair mesh it to SubD , didnt fit
I tried the transfer tool, didnt work either

Is there a trick/procedure to fit the hair from G3 into Genesis?

Posted: 01 June 2012 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8520
Joined  2007-11-06
JorgeMR - 01 June 2012 12:27 AM
fixmypcmike - 31 May 2012 11:51 PM

Thank you for your prompt response!

I tried it with the MechGirl for A3 that comes by default on DAZ on V5 and it worked fine, well it looks a bit weird on the boobs , but anyway

Then I tried with the Nyoko hair on V5 and it didnt work,  it never shows up the window asking what that figure that item was designed for

Then I converted the hair mesh it to SubD , didnt fit
I tried the transfer tool, didnt work either

Is there a trick/procedure to fit the hair from G3 into Genesis?

Nyoko hair is a prop hair, not conforming, so there’s nothing to Fit.  Put the hair in place, translate and scale to get an approximate fit, parent to head, then use smoothing to get rid of any poke-through.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 01 June 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1496
Joined  2010-02-14
Kendall Sears - 29 May 2012 10:08 PM

In 4.5 Auto-Fit retains morphs.  4.5 also has MANY new features.

Kendall

Really? ohh

*Goes on Studio*

Awesome! I never noticed that! cheese

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 01 June 2012 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Yeah, I was literally-literally-literally squealing with joy when I realized that autofit had not destroyed the morphs but kept them!

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

2 of 2