Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Autofit… I’m in love
Posted: 29 May 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  751
Joined  2011-05-17

I was fooling around with clothing to get a hold of DS and I put the v4 basic wear on genesis using the autofit thing and… it fit SO much better than it ever did on V4.

I’ll admit I haven’t seen much about what the fuss is about genesis and DS over poser is, but this functionality really floored me. I hope to run into more pleasant surprises.

Is there a way to use the autofit feature on older clothing? For the M/V/A/H3 generation? What about nearme?

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  0
Paradigm67 - 29 May 2012 11:33 AM

Is there a way to use the autofit feature on older clothing? For the M/V/A/H3 generation? What about nearme?

If you buy the Gen3 iconic shapes you’ll get the autofit clones for Gen3 figures.

Here’s the link to the Gen3 iconic shapes bundle: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

Nearme doesn’t have an autofit clone AFAIK, so you’d need to convert her clothes to one of the supported figures first with another conversion application.

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-05-17

Ah well, there aren’t many clothes that I would put on nearme, anyway. Different styles. Thanks for the gen3 tip. Price tag is a bit rough for me for just the fits, unfortunately. I guess I’ll have to make do.

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1860
Joined  2006-02-17
Paradigm67 - 29 May 2012 11:50 AM

Ah well, there aren’t many clothes that I would put on nearme, anyway. Different styles. Thanks for the gen3 tip. Price tag is a bit rough for me for just the fits, unfortunately. I guess I’ll have to make do.

Oh, it is so much more than fits.  You also get the actual shapes as well.  You can mix the Gen3 shapes with Gen4 and Genesis.  Really cool.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7951
Joined  2004-07-21

I got them on sale.  If you can wait, they may be on sale again, but I do not know when.  Or if you are a pc member, you could use the monthly coupon on them to save six dollars.  They do add shapes to the gene pool so you can customize your figure more.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

If you get the new RC1 candidate of DAZ Studio 4.5, it has “Push” modifier you can apply on stuff. Basically, it “pushes” the item—hair, clothes, etc—away from the body… or vice versa. Just, FYI—4.0 plugins don’t work with it yet. But when that one becomes a stable release, it’ll be glorious. I’ve already enjoyed RC1, since I lack plugins that I would miss a lot.

However, let me recommend Gen3 shapes—you can mix and match them freely between each other and later Genesis generations—so you can have, say, head that is a blend of the Freak 3 and Hiro 3. I also find Aiko 3 less freaky than Aiko 4 (dunno why, exactly—maybe she looks more like a symbolic human than thing-that-tries-to-pretend-being-a-human).

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

Once you have the shapes, you can use GenX, and its Gen3 expansion to import your old Gen3 & Gen4 characters & morphs into Genesis shapes. Something to consider saving up for, if you have a lot of them.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=Dimension3D&top_vendor=Dimension3D
(Ignore the upgrade one, that’s only for people who bought the discontinued early version at Renderosity)

I’ll dig up the archived thread, and (I think there’s a tutorial floating around), if you’re interested.

Also, do you know about D|S4’s built-in smoothing and collision thing, yet? (I don’t have a link handy, but someone will).

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 29 May 2012 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-05-17

Yah I know smoothing and collision

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1540
Joined  2010-02-14

I don’t MIND Auto-Fit, but if you have DS4 Pro, which is free for the time being if you don’t have it already,  then you may want to use the Transfer Utility instead. Transfer Utility words just like Auto-Fit, however it does takes a little extra manual configuration to apply each item you want to apply to Genesis. But with Transfer Utility, you keep the clothing morphs that you otherwise loose with Auto-Fit.

Like I said, I don’t mind them, it would just be nice if they didn’t warp draped clothing…

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1860
Joined  2006-02-17

In 4.5 Auto-Fit retains morphs.  4.5 also has MANY new features.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Oh yes! Autofit keeping the morphs in 4.5 is heaven-sent!

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 May 2012 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2010-06-12
Skiriki - 29 May 2012 03:26 PM

If you get the new RC1 candidate of DAZ Studio 4.5, it has “Push” modifier you can apply on stuff. Basically, it “pushes” the item—hair, clothes, etc—away from the body… or vice versa. Just, FYI—4.0 plugins don’t work with it yet. But when that one becomes a stable release, it’ll be glorious. I’ve already enjoyed RC1, since I lack plugins that I would miss a lot.

However, let me recommend Gen3 shapes—you can mix and match them freely between each other and later Genesis generations—so you can have, say, head that is a blend of the Freak 3 and Hiro 3. I also find Aiko 3 less freaky than Aiko 4 (dunno why, exactly—maybe she looks more like a symbolic human than thing-that-tries-to-pretend-being-a-human).

what is this ‘push’ feature you speak of? Where do I find it?

Posted: 30 May 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
luxgabu - 30 May 2012 12:28 AM

what is this ‘push’ feature you speak of? Where do I find it?

Well the first question is, have you installed DAZ Studio 4.5RC1?

If you have, pick an item in Scene tab, then there’s that button menu at the upper corner… you know what, I’ll just show it.

Once you’ve set it to an item, you can tweak it in Parameters -> General -> Mesh Offset. This will either push or suck the item away or towards the object it has been conformed/parented to. Essentially, it controls the airspace between clothes/hair, for example.

Image Attachments
push_modifier.png
using_push_modifier.png
 Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 May 2012 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2010-06-12

thanks for that explanation

I am using RC1 so I will be able to try it out

Posted: 30 May 2012 12:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

You’re welcome! It has made fitting some older items less pain in a derriere!

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 May 2012 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31

I missed the push feature in the update notes, but that sounds like a very handy feature. I might just install 4.5 now….

1 of 2