Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Housekeeping and Maintenance for DS4
Posted: 26 May 2013 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2007-09-10
AtticAnne - 26 May 2013 08:54 AM

Check Task Manager to see if your CMS is running.

Have you pointed it to the location of your Library under Edit-Preferences?

Hi Anne,

Yes, it’s running in the Task Manager. And see below - is this what you meant?

Image Attachments
DS-CMS-Capture2.PNG
 Signature 

Jo Holloway
3DScreenCraft
Anchored and free

Posted: 26 May 2013 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13619
Joined  2003-10-09

Click Files instead of Products at the top - does that help?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 26 May 2013 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
3dScreenCraft - 26 May 2013 09:55 AM

Hi Anne,

It looks as if your running a 64bit OS, if it is Win7 or Vista I see much wrong with your content folders and paths.
Can I please have your PC type and OS version. Those will help us fix you up in just a bit.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 26 May 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-09-10
Jaderail - 26 May 2013 02:26 PM
3dScreenCraft - 26 May 2013 09:55 AM

Hi Anne,

It looks as if your running a 64bit OS, if it is Win7 or Vista I see much wrong with your content folders and paths.
Can I please have your PC type and OS version. Those will help us fix you up in just a bit.

Okay, yes, Win7 64-bit .... but as far as I know, it’s being put into the default folders ...?  Thanks for any help! smile

Signature 

Jo Holloway
3DScreenCraft
Anchored and free

Posted: 26 May 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-09-10
Richard Haseltine - 26 May 2013 02:03 PM

Click Files instead of Products at the top - does that help?

No, tried that several times, no change ... thanks though!

Signature 

Jo Holloway
3DScreenCraft
Anchored and free

Posted: 26 May 2013 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-09-10

I’ve been installing using the DAZ Install manager. It doesn’t ask for specific paths, just for where the software folder is. But I can’t seem to find the content. I have well over 2000 items, all reported installed by the Installer, but ... where? lol!! I’ve been trying to correct the paths, or at least find SOMEthing to appear in the Smart Content tab ... am giving up for the moment, it’s going on midnight here and my brain is frazzled. Hoping I can think more clearly in the morning.

Thanks for all your help! Maybe in the morning I’ll wake up and someone will have hit the nail on the head. :D

Signature 

Jo Holloway
3DScreenCraft
Anchored and free

Posted: 26 May 2013 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7518
Joined  2006-03-19

You have to specify a path if you want it install to a certain place. By default it installs to documents/My DAZ 3D Library. You will need to add that folder to DS in the DS and Poser directory

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 27 May 2013 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-09-10
Frank0314 - 26 May 2013 04:45 PM

You have to specify a path if you want it install to a certain place. By default it installs to documents/My DAZ 3D Library. You will need to add that folder to DS in the DS and Poser directory

Thanks Frank; I was playing with that yesterday and again today ... here is what I now have - still nothing. I’ve checked the directories listed, esp documents/My DAZ 3D Library - the stuff is definitely there, but the program isn’t seeing them for some reason??

Image Attachments
DS-CMS-Capture3.PNG
 Signature 

Jo Holloway
3DScreenCraft
Anchored and free

Posted: 27 May 2013 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

First we need to know where the DIM installed the files look here…

Image Attachments
Capture1.png
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 27 May 2013 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-09-10

Hi Jade, yes, that’s what it says, and I followed through with my file explorer, and it’s all installed in there. And this morning I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled DS 4.6, with complete shut down in between. Still nothing.

So I experimented. I went via the Content Library and found Staci, plonked her into the new scene, put some clothes on her, and then opened the tab for SHAPING .... nothing. I selected various items in the scene, but nothing showed up.

At that point DS crashed (it does that a lot!), so on re-starting, with a new scene, I tried to find my V4 model. Or any model other than Genesis. Nothing. I can find various bits of clothing etc, but not the figures themselves. I tried using the search facility, searched “V4” ... no result! or for any other search either ... Trying to use the Content Library is incredibly time consuming and frustrating. So, back to the option of trying to get the Content Manager to work.

Since DS3, DS4 has been nothing but frustration for me. I’ve been unable to create anything! I can SEE how great the latest versions are, I just can’t utilise the features .... or the program. And DS4.6 seems intent only letting me see Genesis, as a figure.

Getting desperate. May have to give up on DS and learn Poser, ACKKK!!!  lol!

Signature 

Jo Holloway
3DScreenCraft
Anchored and free

Posted: 27 May 2013 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2012-04-07

I don’t use the install manager ... I’ve read rumours that it doesn’t run the metadata like the .exe files do. That one has to tell the program to process the metadata Q.  So I mention this in case it be of any help.

Image Attachments
process_metadata.png
 Signature 

Posted: 27 May 2013 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
Patience55 - 27 May 2013 09:31 PM

I don’t use the install manager ... I’ve read rumours that it doesn’t run the metadata like the .exe files do. That one has to tell the program to process the metadata Q.  So I mention this in case it be of any help.

Not true, Install Manager does import the metadata.  It’s only if you manually unzip that you need to Re-Import Metadata.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 27 May 2013 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2012-04-07

Okay.

Signature 

Posted: 27 May 2013 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
3dScreenCraft - 27 May 2013 05:06 AM

Don’t, as said before your just not setting the proper Path’s in the DS content Prefs. I pointed out the path and you still do not have that path in your DS Content Directory Manager. Below I show my DS pointing to just the DIM install path. All my DIM installed content works 100% set up like this. You would then add any other Content paths below this path/s so it Stays on top and DS4.6 does all it’s data saves to this folder. The top floder in your paths will be the default Data Folder in any version of DS.
So if you have a DS3 content folder it should be listed in the Daz Studio Formats paths and the Poser Formats Path as this one is. For Poser only Content folders you add them to only the Poser formats paths section BELOW the others.
Keep this in mind: The Paths end at the Folder NAME that holds the Content As in Content: My Library: My DAZ 3D Library:
Also on a Win7 system NO content should be in the Programs (anything) Folders because Win7 protects that part of the System from any action except a install. DS and Poser both do WRITE’s to the content folders and if the content is in a OS proctected folder the saves are written to a folder that DS and Poser will not see, they will expect the saves to be in the Path you installed the content to and listed in the Content Directory Manager.

Image Attachments
Capture1.png
 Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2013 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3383
Joined  2012-02-06
3dScreenCraft - 27 May 2013 05:06 AM

Hi Jade, yes, that’s what it says, and I followed through with my file explorer, and it’s all installed in there. And this morning I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled DS 4.6, with complete shut down in between. Still nothing.

So I experimented. I went via the Content Library and found Staci, plonked her into the new scene, put some clothes on her, and then opened the tab for SHAPING .... nothing. I selected various items in the scene, but nothing showed up.

At that point DS crashed (it does that a lot!), so on re-starting, with a new scene, I tried to find my V4 model. Or any model other than Genesis. Nothing. I can find various bits of clothing etc, but not the figures themselves. I tried using the search facility, searched “V4” ... no result! or for any other search either ... Trying to use the Content Library is incredibly time consuming and frustrating. So, back to the option of trying to get the Content Manager to work.

Since DS3, DS4 has been nothing but frustration for me. I’ve been unable to create anything! I can SEE how great the latest versions are, I just can’t utilise the features .... or the program. And DS4.6 seems intent only letting me see Genesis, as a figure.

There’s a guide to troubleshooting Smart Content here...you already tried some of the ideas, but maybe something there will help you.

On the Shaping pane…are you looking at Presets or Editor (tabs at the top of the pane)? Presets is dependent on the content database and I wouldn’t expect it to work if Smart Content isn’t working. Editor is where you will find the morph sliders.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

2 of 3