RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1862
Joined  2006-02-17
Tramp Graphics - 25 October 2012 02:03 AM
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 01:57 AM
Tramp Graphics - 25 October 2012 01:45 AM
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 12:50 AM
Tramp Graphics - 25 October 2012 12:22 AM

This is the New Command Window I was referring to and is the only means by which I have to make commands:

This one is designed for single commands only.  It will not work for multi-command operations.

You need to use the terminal located in the Applications->Utilities->Terminal area.

Kendall

That is from that Terminal application. That’s the only “Terminal” utility program I have. The only other “Copy” I have is in the Applications>Utilities on my external hard drive. And I can’t find an option for multi-command operations. If I try to input it directly into the Terminal Bash window, when hit Return after each command, I get:

Last login: Thu Oct 25 03:32:16 on ttys000
Michael-Tramperts-Mac-mini:~ TrampGraphics$ cd /Users/TrampGraphics/Desktop/RIB-files/First-Trick-or-Treat_collected
Michael-Tramperts-Mac-mini:First-Trick-or-Treat_collected TrampGraphics$ renderdl -q -id First-Trick-or-Treat.rib
Michael-Tramperts-Mac-mini:First-Trick-or-Treat_collected TrampGraphics$

Oh boy.  You’re missing an app.  The interface you showed above absolutely WILL NOT work for what you need to do.  The environment needs to live for longer than a single command operation.

You can try typing “/bin/bash” into the command dialog there and see if you get a persistent terminal.  If so, then you can follow the instructions given previously.

Kendall

Tried that, This is what I get:

Last login: Thu Oct 25 03:59:46 on ttys001
/bin/bash ; exit;
Michael-Tramperts-Mac-mini:~ TrampGraphics$ /bin/bash ; exit;
bash-3.2$ cd /Users/TrampGraphics/Desktop/RIB-files/First-Trick-or-Treat_collected
bash-3.2$ renderdl -q -id First-Trick-or-Treat.rib
bash-3.2$

What is the size of your First-Trick-or-Treat_collected folder?  What is the size of the First-Trick-or-Treat.rib file?

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 25 October 2012 02:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1478
Joined  2011-11-16

First-Trick-or-Treat_collected is 910.8 MB and contains 210 items.

First-Trick-or-Treat.rib (inside the collected folder) is 0 kb. The .rib file in the main folder is 335.8 MB

Posted: 25 October 2012 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Tramp Graphics - 25 October 2012 02:13 AM

First-Trick-or-Treat_collected is 910.8 MB and contains 210 items.

First-Trick-or-Treat.rib (inside the collected folder) is 0 kb. The .rib file in the main folder is 335.8 MB

Aha!  change your cd to stop one level above the “collected” and run the renderdl from there.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 25 October 2012 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

If I do that, the textures and all that won’t render. All of the .tdl files are in the First-Trick-or-Treat_collected folder. Should I try to copy the “good” .rib file into the Collected folder?

Posted: 25 October 2012 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Tramp Graphics - 25 October 2012 02:20 AM

If I do that, the textures and all that won’t render. All of the .tdl files are in the First-Trick-or-Treat_collected folder.

You can try copying the rib into the collected folder, but I don’t think it’s going to work.  I believe that the .rib outside of the collected area is set to look for the support files in your normal Studio folders.  You can verify this by using a text editor and searching for paths.  There will be a few right up at the top of the file, but there will be others spaced throughout the file.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

I don’t know how to do that.

FYI, this is what I(‘m getting in the Terminal window while the render is going on (be warned, it’s long):

Last login: Thu Oct 25 04:02:26 on ttys000
Michael-Tramperts-Mac-mini:~ TrampGraphics$ /bin/bash
bash-3.2$ cd /Users/TrampGraphics/Desktop/RIB-files/First-Trick-or-Treat_collected
bash-3.2$ cd /Users/TrampGraphics/Desktop/RIB-files
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/background.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/defaultsurface.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/shadowdistantlight.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/linearpointlight.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/dzmatte.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/dzdisplace.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/omnifreaker/displacement/omDispStandard.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/omnifreaker/surface/omHumanSurface.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/dzplastic.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/dzglossy.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL WARNING S2072: the shader ‘/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/dzskin.sdl’ uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.
3DL ERROR S2068: shader ‘/Users/TrampGraphics/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{e325a0cf-295b-4bfc-9dc3-56aac860e3f5}/shader_Surface.sdl’ uses a different interface version: please recompile
3DL ERROR S2051: cannot load shader ‘brickyard/{e325a0cf-295b-4bfc-9dc3-56aac860e3f5}/shader_Surface’, will use ‘defaultsurface’

Posted: 25 October 2012 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

Everything here except for the last error is is fine.  The path for the shader in the last error needs to be modified to point at the “collected” folder and then everything should be good.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

Well, it rendered, surprisingly enough, even despite of those “error messages”. They really need to make a GUI interface for this program.

Posted: 25 October 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Tramp Graphics - 25 October 2012 12:01 PM

Well, it rendered, surprisingly enough, even despite of those “error messages”. They really need to make a GUI interface for this program.

Only the last message was an error.

3Delight is used in production environments where you would be rendering thousands of images.  It is designed to be run in automated scripts.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 12:18 PM
Tramp Graphics - 25 October 2012 12:01 PM

Only the last message was an error.

3Delight is used in production environments where you would be rendering thousands of images.  It is designed to be run in automated scripts.

Kendall

Which are waaaaay over my head.

Posted: 30 October 2012 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

Hey, Kendal, I’m running into another problem with a new render. The textures and such are not rendering. I’m PMing you the details that show up in the terminal box, as well as a copy of the render.

Posted: 19 January 2013 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2006-10-28
Kendall Sears - 24 September 2012 07:58 PM
larsmidnatt - 24 September 2012 07:53 PM

I just happen to remember than the quad core price is $650 since I was looking at that today.

If one downloads the Free version, then one can upgrade to a quad-core license for $250.

Kendall

If I downloaded the free version of 3Delight, would I be able to plug it into DAZStudio 4.5 Pro, or not? Would I have to export a scene from DS and import it into 3Delight? Just wondering how easy it would be to switch from the version that comes with DS to the full free version.

Posted: 19 January 2013 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
inquire - 19 January 2013 06:01 PM
Kendall Sears - 24 September 2012 07:58 PM
larsmidnatt - 24 September 2012 07:53 PM

I just happen to remember than the quad core price is $650 since I was looking at that today.

If one downloads the Free version, then one can upgrade to a quad-core license for $250.

Kendall

If I downloaded the free version of 3Delight, would I be able to plug it into DAZStudio 4.5 Pro, or not? Would I have to export a scene from DS and import it into 3Delight? Just wondering how easy it would be to switch from the version that comes with DS to the full free version.

To use the “free” version you will need to “Render to RIB” in the DS Render settings, and then run that .RIB file through the 3Delight program.  It will require the use of the command interface, and the typing of commands.  It is not a GUI process.

The free version is limited to 2 cores, while the version in DS is not core limited.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 19 January 2013 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

As of last I checked, the version included in DS is newer than the free version.  Other than being able to render and work in DS, there aren’t many additional advantages to using the free version.  On borderline systems, there are more…but since the free version is core locked to two cores, network rendering isn’t even really a viable option.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

10 of 10