Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Sayin’ Hello
Posted: 29 May 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2009-08-18

Hello Brycers! I’m IceScribe, and I have been using Bryce since version 5.0. Saw a copy of it at a CompUSA store, and then the store and the software disappeared after a while. I came to DAZ a while back because I saw that Bryce was alive and well here, and downloaded 5.5 immediately.  I have the Bryce 7 Pro since it came out, and I’m sure it still has more features than I’ve discovered. I just have to say I really like the quality of the renders and the sort of light effect it has.

From there I naturally ventured into DAZ just at the cusp of V2 becoming V3 and was very confused. I finally realized part of my confusion was I needed a bigger faster computer than I had. A birthday surprise gave me that, and since then I’ve enjoyed posing Vicky and Mike and exporting them to Bryce. I was amazed to find the Bridge later that imported the textures. That saved hours! That’s from DAZ3 to Bryce 7, Daz 4 is very iffiy. If I only use the Genesis built ins, it works, any other older stuff, it crashes. I don’t mind DAZ 3 as it works for me to get stuff into Bryce. I don’t know how to render in DAZ, and I prefer the Bryce 360 option rather than a stage backdrop.

Even after all this time, I’m no expert so I’m looking forward to learning and sharing here on the forum.

Signature 

See my gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=IceScribe&x=14&y=10

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3543
Joined  2004-10-01

Hey IceScribe - welcome to the pack. I’ve also started with 5.0 but have been at it nearly daily. I can confirm that I still haven’t mastered everything. Great times are ahead. Just ask your questions and there are many hanging around in these forums that are only too glad to be of help.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7959
Joined  2004-07-21

I have had Bryce since it came to Daz.  I still am not sure what I am doing.  I tried to help my mum make a palm tree with the Bryce 7, but every attempt was terrible.  I could not figure out how to help her make a simple palm tree.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

I couldn’t do that either. I get it from the objects library. red face

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7959
Joined  2004-07-21
Horo - 29 May 2012 01:13 PM

I couldn’t do that either. I get it from the objects library. red face

There is a palm tree in the objects library?  Is that with the content that came with Bryce 7 or something that I would have to buy?  or is it a freebie that I can download?  My mum would prefer if it was with the free program or freebie.
I have bought some Bryce stuff in the past though, but I do not know how to find which Bryce items in my itemized order history I need to reset.

A cat just walked across my keyboard just to lay down behind the notebook.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 29 May 2012 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15947
Joined  2003-10-09

Rashad is the guy to ask for both the OP IceScribe and Miss Bad Wolf.

I think Rashad has done more with using the brdige from DS to Bryce than anyone.  I still use Poser to prep my figures before taking them into Bryce.

I think Rashad has also made some very nice Palm tress, but he would need to give you the link, as it was on the old site that he mentioned it.

And Cats on the keboard are a hazard in this household as well, but I am being stern with my two and telling them no when they try to get on the desk.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 May 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
Miss Bad Wolf - 29 May 2012 01:25 PM

There is a palm tree in the objects library?  Is that with the content that came with Bryce 7 or something that I would have to buy?  or is it a freebie that I can download?

Bad memory on my part. No, there are none in the objects library. Palms can be done with the Tree Lab. The picture was rendered in 2003 and uses palms made in Bryce. They could be done much better. There are also very nice tropical palms in the store here by Estevez: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/tropical-palms-for-bryce and not too expensive.

I typed my answer yesterday but DAZ pulled the plug and the site went offline while I typed.

Image Attachments
palms.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 30 May 2012 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2004-06-24

Hi there icescribe, welcome to bryce and insanity. My first experience with Bryce was version 2 or 3 can’t remember which but I found it on a site called runaware or something which enabled you to trial all sorts of software. I’ve been using Bryce for over 10 years and I’m still learning. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of time to spend Bryceing as I would like, maybe soon that will change.

Cheers
GG

Image Attachments
imagesCANXEMGR.jpg
 Signature 

WHO said Kiwis can’t fly ?????

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2009-08-18

Hi All,
thank you for the warm welcome! It feels good to be among other Bryce users. And no doubt, I’ll have some questions, and maybe can help with some others’, too.

Sorry late getting back here,  yesterday I could not get into DAZ account. First time it was slow logging in. Second time, search store brought up weird things, and finally I decided to purchase 1 thing not on sale, not coupons, just easy-peasy purchase, but oh no, the cart got hung up, then the submittal hung up, and then I “broke” DAZ, and a site maintenance message came up. So I wandered off to, ahem, other sites, hungry for some stuff. But looks like DAZ is back up today, although it did not remember my log in.

Didn’t get any useful renders either. Crashed DAZ on export several times and then Bryce. I guessed it was memory issues. Restarting my puter helped. Soon I will get my wip just about right, and I hope to share it here.

Signature 

See my gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=IceScribe&x=14&y=10

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@IceScribe - do not be alarmed, this site is a bit iffy at the moment. I also got thrown out yesterday when posting. Theses are the hiccups of a new site and it will be stable “soon”.

Signature 

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15947
Joined  2003-10-09

OOh Horo just used that nasty 4 letter word   S***

The Mods have decided that Anon sounds better, has a nice shakesperian ring to it.  So it will be stable anon. cool smirk

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 31 May 2012 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
chohole - 31 May 2012 12:56 PM

The Mods have decided that Anon sounds better, has a nice shakesperian ring to it.  So it will be stable anon. cool smirk

Funny, I just took Love’s Labour’s Lost from the bookshelf yesterday in the hope to find the time to read it again. Mayhap I’ll encounter anon and it sticks in my active vocabulary.

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2012 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12

Welcome to the madhouse, you may never leave!

Posted: 02 June 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2003-10-09
pumeco - 01 June 2012 07:24 AM

Welcome to the madhouse, you may never leave!

But if you want to, Len (pumeco) is the go-to guy for top leaving tips. He’s so good at leaving he even knows how to get back in.

Posted: 02 June 2012 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2003-10-09

Ahh, I think I understand why some threads with newer updates are relegated to ancient history - they are internally marked as awaiting moderator approval.

Sorry DAZ, a policy of

“anything not mandatory is prohibited”

is suitable for totalitarian states, not free-market business.. Whither ye….

Posted: 02 June 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12

Instead of wittering nonsense, have you tried changing your name back to PJF now the changeover has been done?

Regards the threads getting left behind instead of updating on the index; I actually thought they’d implemented a Renderosity style system at first, but then I saw a notice in The Commons about it.  They say it’s a bug and they’re working on it.  I’m just thankful it is a bug and not a new way of doing things.

1 of 2