Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
How can I Save and then Reload multiple figures without getting Crosstalk type problems?
Posted: 25 September 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2009-03-09

Ok, I’m not sure what’s going on, because following your steps works perfectly fine for me.

Exactly which version of Carrara are you on?  The most current release is 8.1.1.12

M4 Morphs++ was updated last year, are you sure that you have the most recent version?

Signature 

Come visit my store!

http://www.daz3d.com/fenric
http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/

Posted: 25 September 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2005-10-18

I’ve always created my Characters in Poser and saved them to my poser runtime as a CR2 in a special ‘My Characters’ folder, then loaded them into Carrara t via the usual runtime Library route.

I’ve never encountered any problems with cross talk or Morphs not working properly, using this method.

Not sure if that helps as a possible work around.

S.K.

Posted: 25 September 2012 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2003-10-09
Fenric - 25 September 2012 10:29 AM

Ok, I’m not sure what’s going on, because following your steps works perfectly fine for me.

Exactly which version of Carrara are you on?  The most current release is 8.1.1.12

M4 Morphs++ was updated last year, are you sure that you have the most recent version?

i have 8.1. pro build 153 (64bit) installed. when i first started getting the problems i reset, and re-downloaded, the latest versions of v4 and m4 (although not, until now, the latest version of carrara)

i’m currently, as we speak, downloading the latest version of carrara (8.5.0132). it’s not possible, as far as i can see, to specify that you want to download version 8.1.1.12, or indeed any particular version. but perhaps this version i’m currently downloading will solve the problem? (ha ha. only kidding. we’ll see)

p.s. i’ve been doing this s**t since the days of poser FOUR. it’s not surprising that n00bs (some of whom come onto my site saying “how on earth do i get any of this stuff actually WORKING?)”, just give up and go home. some days i know precisely how they feel

Posted: 25 September 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-09

*sigh*  DAZ’s new storefront leaves a great deal to be desired.

8.0.1.153 is quite an old version, and it had quite a large number of serious bugs.  You might need to put in a support ticket to get access to the last non-beta.

And you are quite right - these sorts of things are unreasonably frustrating.  The good news is that it is very specific to the “Gen 4” characters - it is the fancy multi-level injection system that DAZ tried with those figures, and it causes a lot of trouble.  The only consolation (and it’s cold comfort, to be sure) is that Poser and Studio folks have their fair share of trouble with them, too.

I hardly use gen 4 figures.  I use A3/H3 mostly, and Melody/Micah which are based on them.  Lots of V3RR and M3RR, too.  V4/M4 only very rarely.

Signature 

Come visit my store!

Posted: 25 September 2012 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-09
swordkensia - 25 September 2012 10:37 AM

I’ve always created my Characters in Poser and saved them to my poser runtime as a CR2 in a special ‘My Characters’ folder, then loaded them into Carrara t via the usual runtime Library route.

I’ve never encountered any problems with cross talk or Morphs not working properly, using this method.

Not sure if that helps as a possible work around.

S.K.

This has been and will continue to be my advice for V4/M4 characters: load them from CR2 if at all possible - not from the browser.

Signature 

Come visit my store!

Posted: 25 September 2012 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Fenric - 25 September 2012 07:52 PM

*sigh*  DAZ’s new storefront leaves a great deal to be desired.

8.0.1.153 is quite an old version, and it had quite a large number of serious bugs.  You might need to put in a support ticket to get access to the last non-beta.

And you are quite right - these sorts of things are unreasonably frustrating.  The good news is that it is very specific to the “Gen 4” characters - it is the fancy multi-level injection system that DAZ tried with those figures, and it causes a lot of trouble.  The only consolation (and it’s cold comfort, to be sure) is that Poser and Studio folks have their fair share of trouble with them, too.

I hardly use gen 4 figures.  I use A3/H3 mostly, and Melody/Micah which are based on them.  Lots of V3RR and M3RR, too.  V4/M4 only very rarely.

my bad. i was a bit doodled last night, and downloaded the first carrara installer i came across. this morning i’ve looked again, and i can see that v8.1.1.12 is also in there. soooo, can’t blame the new store (THIS time, anyway)

i’m downloading that now, and we’ll see if it solves the problem

thanks once again for the help and advice

Posted: 25 September 2012 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

*jumps up and down excitedly*

looks like the issue was fixed in the latest stable release

i’ve just installed it, saved and then reloaded two gen4 figures with different morphs, and… i’m now able to adjust them independently

that’s made my day

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

AGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

it was all working fine yesterday. so i closed the bug report, and went to bed happy

but. today. well, today. it… isn’t

it’s back to what it was doing before. load two saved characters, and the second one loses all their morphs

i give up

Posted: 27 September 2012 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

HI hieronymous smile

Have you installed the Powerloaders for V4 / M4 etc, into Daz Studio and ran those by loading the figures.

Doing that seems to do something mysterious which makes those figures work correctly in Carrara, and allows multiple figures without issues.

smile

Posted: 27 September 2012 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
3DAGE - 27 September 2012 12:16 PM

HI hieronymous smile

Have you installed the Powerloaders for V4 / M4 etc, into Daz Studio and ran those by loading the figures.

Doing that seems to do something mysterious which makes those figures work correctly in Carrara, and allows multiple figures without issues.

smile

hi

yeah, i installed the powerloaders a while back, at the same time as i did a fresh download and install of v4 & m4, in the hope that it might cure the problem

the really frustrating thing is that when i downloaded the latest (non-beta) release of carrara, everything seemed to be working properly. then blow me down, the very next day, it had gone back to… not working properly again

i should add that i’ve always been able to get multiple figures to work together, but only when i load them directly as cr2s. what i can’t seem to do is to reload figures that i’ve saved in carrara, and then get those working together

(just done a quick test, and the problem doesn’t seem to effect the gen3 figures)

2 of 2