How can I Save and then Reload multiple figures without getting Crosstalk type problems?
here's the problem reduced to its simplest form (after MUCH cussing and swearing trying to work out why my characters kept losing their morphs half way through a project). the problem affects any combination of multiple characters - i.e. M4s, V4s, and for all i know, M3s and V3s too. anyway, this sequence of actions reproduces it every time:
1) load a v4 with ++ morphs
2) morph her to, say, an Amazon
3) save her as "V4A" (either Save As, or just by dragging her into "Objects")
4) in a new session load v4 with ++ morphs
5) morph her to, say, a Pearshape
6) save her as "V4B"
7) close everything down and restart a new document
8) load "V4A". check that she's still an Amazon. she is? great
9) now check her chest morphs. they should all be there and working. they are? good, now:
10) in the SAME document load "V4B". check that she's still a Pearshape. she is? great, now:
11) click on her chest. you may get that amusingly unhelpful message "an error has occurred", or if that doesn't happen then her chest morphs will all be showing 0.0s, all the sliders will be over on the right, and they'll all be unusable (although it's still possible to adjust V4A's chest morphs)
the crosstalk-ish problem doesn't just affect the chest area either. click on the abdomen and you get the same phenomenon
now, if you open a new session and create two v4++ figures from scratch in the same document, and play around with their morphs without saving and reloading them, then you don't get the same problem. both work independently and can be adjusted separatedly. but of course that's not much use if you want to save and reuse characters
sooooo, i can't believe i'm the first person to have suffered with this. has anyone got any advice on a workflow that would solve the problem while letting me save characters in Carrara and reuse them again later?