Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
♨ OT, what is this symbol?
Posted: 30 May 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2011-07-18

Where did you find the symbol was it somewhere else than here? because I don’t see it in our list of options for posting.
Yes as a matter of fact I have used a non-electric type writer which I find odd considering I’m only 19,lol XD
Extremely frustrating sometimes it was it’s a good thing I was excellent speller,I managed to get the job done for what I needed it for now I have no idea where it is@.@

Signature 

My Deviatart account Please feel free to stop by: http://seductivegeisha.deviantart.com/

Posted: 30 May 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2006-06-22

Steaming cow pats?? ಠ_ಠ

Signature 

My Daz Store
Deviant Art

Posted: 30 May 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  773
Joined  2003-10-09
RCDeschene - 29 May 2012 10:39 AM

Well, at least it looks like we found Sockratease’s Millennium Cow… smile

No, but it’s a clue that it has passed this way.

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 30 May 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-10-09

Looks like the symbol for Java/Javascript.
representing the steam coming off a cup of….. you got it… Java.

Cheers

Signature 

For such are dreams that they be shared.

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8225
Joined  2009-07-13
SGeisha - 30 May 2012 03:52 PM

Where did you find the symbol was it somewhere else than here? because I don’t see it in our list of options for posting.
Yes as a matter of fact I have used a non-electric type writer which I find odd considering I’m only 19,lol XD
Extremely frustrating sometimes it was it’s a good thing I was excellent speller,I managed to get the job done for what I needed it for now I have no idea where it is@.@

it is just a unicode character
that is one that displays in any browser
all those symbols I posted on the other page are unicode, you could copy and paste them into your text and they display on any foum, email, youtube comment, facebook status etc!
I often post characters on facebook as my status! ☺☼

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2006-05-19

Could it be the logo for Javascript or Java?
Looks like coffee burning r something…

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2009
Joined  2011-07-31
VoltisArt - 30 May 2012 01:21 PM

I was curious, so despite the answer coming from a couple of nice people above, I went digging too.  Unfortunately that page and Google seem to be unable to recognize the character itself in a search string.  Would be nice if you could just copy & paste for a search.  Windows Character Map also got me nowhere.  Searching on Google for “hot springs,” however, does pull up plenty of pics.

. . .

* - That “character” list included machine controls for printers and the like, including enter, delete, carriage return, etc.  This is really taking me back…anybody here ever use a non-electric typewriter?  >D

I didn’t even see an electric typewriter until my senior year of high school (1960) when we got a total of 2 electrics in our school.  I still have a couple of the old uprights hanging around in the den, an Underwood and a Remington I believe.  They still work.  Remember the IBM Selectrics with the interchangeable balls?

Image Attachments
atticanne1.jpg
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4789
Joined  2011-10-04
VoltisArt - 30 May 2012 01:21 PM

* - That “character” list included machine controls for printers and the like, including enter, delete, carriage return, etc.  This is really taking me back…anybody here ever use a non-electric typewriter?  >D

Yo.

I really don’t miss them, though. I hated the feeling of getting my finger slipped inside, right between the keys—I was 9 or 10 when I got it—and pulling the finger free was always a pain and half.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

2 of 2