2 of 3
Kingdom of Marrakesh - where did it go?
Posted: 25 September 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2738
Joined  2003-12-06
Jack Tomalin - 24 September 2012 11:48 PM

Plans are afoot actually, but I can’t say any more than that for the moment smile

< whimper > You’ve said enough — my bank card just spontaneously combusted. Or maybe it was the nice new set that just appeared in the store. Gotta buy ‘em all…  wink

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 25 September 2012 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2004-12-23
Szark - 23 September 2012 05:50 PM

To quote Jack:
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012

For those who have had Redhouse products on your wish lists and noticed they disappeared a while back - don’t worry!  They will be making an reappearance as soon as I have re-textured them

The Guildhall has already been done and re-released.  The Throne of the Skeleton King is also done and will be released ‘soon’ (sometime in the next week or so).  Baroque Grandeur is about 95% done, and then I will move on the Marrakesh sets.

Also to note, you can continue to use the ‘old’ versions even when the new versions will come out.  The new versions will then only be available to customers from this point forward.

Sorry for being dense, but what does that mean for those having bought the initial versions? Do they get the updated files, or do they have to buy the stuff all over again? question

Signature 

Extinct

Posted: 25 September 2012 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2005-08-23
rg5a - 25 September 2012 06:38 PM

To quote Jack:

For those who have had Redhouse products on your wish lists and noticed they disappeared a while back - don’t worry!  They will be making an reappearance as soon as I have re-textured them

The Guildhall has already been done and re-released.  The Throne of the Skeleton King is also done and will be released ‘soon’ (sometime in the next week or so).  Baroque Grandeur is about 95% done, and then I will move on the Marrakesh sets.

Also to note, you can continue to use the ‘old’ versions even when the new versions will come out.  The new versions will then only be available to customers from this point forward.

Sorry for being dense, but what does that mean for those having bought the initial versions? Do they get the updated files, or do they have to buy the stuff all over again? question

I’m not Jack, but Hall of the Wolfking was a free update while Baroque Grandeur was at a greatly reduced price, iirc.

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 25 September 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-23

Thanks. I’ll wait and see.

Signature 

Extinct

Posted: 25 September 2012 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1786
Joined  2009-08-08

I would still very happily purchase a fireplace add-on for Baroque Grandeure. You do *great* fireplaces.

Posted: 26 September 2012 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4289
Joined  0
rg5a - 25 September 2012 06:38 PM

To quote Jack:

Sorry, I didn’t really explain that part did I.

Previous owners will have to ‘re-buy’ them - but they should get a steep (80%) discount.

I was originally planning to just re-release as free updates, but since I’ve been adding in a lot of new content (like proper DS support) for the older products, as well as much bigger texture maps, I had to charge to at least try and cover the time I have invested in doing the updates. Since you continue to use both the old and new versions concurrently, you’re not losing anything - but gaining a lot.

I think you just add it into your cart, and it should apply the discount automatically.  If not, let me know and I will get DAZ to look into it.

Hope that helps!

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 26 September 2012 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
JOdel - 25 September 2012 08:46 PM

I would still very happily purchase a fireplace add-on for Baroque Grandeure. You do *great* fireplaces.

Well, Extravagance for the BG is still to do, so maybe I can squeeze in a bonus or two wink

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 26 September 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1786
Joined  2009-08-08

Given how modular most of your sets are, one could pop out one of the wall sections opposite the windows and pop in a fireplace at need, really easily. Although it’s possible that in that kind of a building the fireplace might be at the end of the room opposite the entry door.

Posted: 26 September 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-23
Jack Tomalin - 26 September 2012 01:35 AM

Previous owners will have to ‘re-buy’ them - but they should get a steep (80%) discount.

I was originally planning to just re-release as free updates, but since I’ve been adding in a lot of new content (like proper DS support) for the older products, as well as much bigger texture maps, I had to charge to at least try and cover the time I have invested in doing the updates. Since you continue to use both the old and new versions concurrently, you’re not losing anything - but gaining a lot.

I think you just add it into your cart, and it should apply the discount automatically.  If not, let me know and I will get DAZ to look into it.

Hope that helps!

Helps a lot, thanks.
But unfortunately there seems to be a time limit to that 80% upgrade price.
For instance for Baroque Grandeur it’s too late, upgrade price was apparently only till August 23, 2012, according to the product page. downer
Oh well.

Do you have a schedule of release for the updated packs, so I don’t miss the others (notably Kingdom of Marrakesh)?

Signature 

Extinct

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8325
Joined  2009-05-14

eg5a. I will let Jack confirm weather he has a list he can publish though I doubt it.

What I do is to keep an eye on Jack forum http://www.jacktomalin.com/forum/index.php and I signed up for his no spam newsletter http://www.jacktomalin.com/

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
rg5a - 26 September 2012 04:36 PM
Jack Tomalin - 26 September 2012 01:35 AM

Hope that helps!

Helps a lot, thanks.
But unfortunately there seems to be a time limit to that 80% upgrade price.
For instance for Baroque Grandeur it’s too late, upgrade price was apparently only till August 23, 2012, according to the product page. downer
Oh well.

Do you have a schedule of release for the updated packs, so I don’t miss the others (notably Kingdom of Marrakesh)?

I’ll look into that - and see if we can’t get it back on offer wink

With regard the release schedule - sadly I have no idea, since I work on things as and when I get the chance. So really, your guess is as good as mine.  I am trying to get them done sooner rather than later, but there’s been a few big projects recently where I’ve not had the time or energy.

As Szark said, if you sign up to either my newsletter for forum you will at least be kept in the loop with the developments.

Cheers smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 27 September 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

rg5a - I’m reliably informed the coupon should now work.. smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 27 September 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-23
Jack Tomalin - 27 September 2012 01:34 PM

rg5a - I’m reliably informed the coupon should now work.. smile

My, it’s a full time job to buy something here. To get to your product page I had to fight several “Error 503 Service Unavailable - Guru Meditation - XID: 102659363”, then, after several attempts and some Magento error messages with the cart (“There has been an error processing your request”) I eventually managed to get it at 75% off. Not 80%, but still good. Thanks!

For those who read this: The coupon doesn’t show in the price - The cart actually shows the full price for the product, not even the current sales price; The coupon only appears in the calculation of the end price.

Signature 

Extinct

Posted: 28 September 2012 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

Yea, sorry - it seems the store is a bit wobbly still.  I appreciate your determination though smile

I noticed the BG set is missing it’s discount too, which I assume is to do with the coupon - I’ve asked DAZ to look into, but things are hectic there with all the sale stuff so it might take a day or two.. hopefully it will be straightened out though wink

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 03 October 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  439
Joined  2010-09-18

Do you have plans for more Marrakesh themed stuff in addition to the upgrades?

2 of 3