Posted: 28 August 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4914
Joined  2009-02-26
RCDeschene - 28 August 2012 07:13 AM
Scott-Livingston - 28 August 2012 06:45 AM
marcusfinnigon - 28 August 2012 01:21 AM

But I should point out the textures aren’t 100% mine… I did a diploma in Digital media, Cert IV and Cert II, the core of which was focused on Photoshop and the other Adobe software, (3d animation in 3ds Max was what got me into 3D and ultimately Daz as-well.)    -    These were various wonderful textures mostly involving the vendor Freja’s textures in RO, I simply edited and mixed and matched to my hearts content and added details like vector drawn eyebrows and digitally painted other features like lips and unique to the character: birth marks, freckles and moles, I heavily altered the parameters of the characters and their surface settings, bump maps and the colour tone of the skin.

If you can do all that, maybe you should think about picking up a skin texture merchant resource and trying to build a texture that you could potentially sell. smile I mean, if you’re going to put all that effort in, you might as well leave yourself the possibility of getting some return on your investment. Judging from the results you’ve shown in this thread, I’d certainly be interested if you started selling your work.

My point exactly! grin

Well that’s very sweet smile  -Thank you two!

To be honest it never actually crossed my mind, I think some more textures would be good for Genesis/M4/V4 (if there is demand for it) ... I’ll have a bit of a play around… Perhaps with the right PhotoShop brushes I could attempt a set of realistic, Digitally painted ‘100% mine’ textures. And with all the characters on daz, there’s plenty of textures that would give me a Reference. I’ll work on a couple and post my findings to you. See how I go cheese lol

The other issue of course would be body hair… I create vector eyebrows hair by hair and could easily make some hi-res eye lashes, but body hair is a different story all together, that requires photo’s of real people (models) as well as having the rights to distribute such a thing.

That said though, generally speaking body hair is much more realistic when it’s ‘fibre mesh’ and not ‘painted-on’ so to speak.———-  Zev0 is releasing a fantastic product called ‘ManFuzz’ which will revolutionize that area anyway.  Personally, and I’m not sure how many would agree, I prefer textures without the body hair any way. It’s much more playable for all ages and genders I think, and with genesis a model of many appearances it seems more appropriate.

Any way, that’s food for thought tongue rolleye

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 28 August 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2010-02-14
marcusfinnigon - 28 August 2012 08:19 AM
Scott-Livingston - 28 August 2012 06:45 AM
marcusfinnigon - 28 August 2012 01:21 AM

But I should point out the textures aren’t 100% mine… I did a diploma in Digital media, Cert IV and Cert II, the core of which was focused on Photoshop and the other Adobe software, (3d animation in 3ds Max was what got me into 3D and ultimately Daz as-well.)    -    These were various wonderful textures mostly involving the vendor Freja’s textures in RO, I simply edited and mixed and matched to my hearts content and added details like vector drawn eyebrows and digitally painted other features like lips and unique to the character: birth marks, freckles and moles, I heavily altered the parameters of the characters and their surface settings, bump maps and the colour tone of the skin.

If you can do all that, maybe you should think about picking up a skin texture merchant resource and trying to build a texture that you could potentially sell. smile I mean, if you’re going to put all that effort in, you might as well leave yourself the possibility of getting some return on your investment. Judging from the results you’ve shown in this thread, I’d certainly be interested if you started selling your work.

My point exactly! grin

Well that’s very sweet smile  -Thank you two!

To be honest it never actually crossed my mind, I think some more textures would be good for Genesis/M4/V4 (if there is demand for it) ... I’ll have a bit of a play around… Perhaps with the right PhotoShop brushes I could attempt a set of realistic, Digitally painted ‘100% mine’ textures. And with all the characters on daz, there’s plenty of textures that would give me a Reference. I’ll work on a couple and post my findings to you. See how I go cheese lol

The other issue of course would be body hair… I create vector eyebrows hair by hair and could easily make some hi-res eye lashes, but body hair is a different story all together, that requires photo’s of real people (models) as well as having the rights to distribute such a thing.

That said though, generally speaking body hair is much more realistic when it’s ‘fibre mesh’ and not ‘painted-on’ so to speak.———-  Zev0 is releasing a fantastic product called ‘ManFuzz’ which will revolutionize that area anyway.  Personally, and I’m not sure how many would agree, I prefer textures without the body hair any way. It’s much more playable for all ages and genders I think, and with genesis a model of many appearances it seems more appropriate.

Any way, that’s food for thought tongue rolleye

I’ll definitely look forward to it! And don’t worry too much on body hair. I, for one, am rather partial to smooth, clean man skin myself. wink

That came out SOO wrong! LOL

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 28 August 2012 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  978
Joined  2003-10-09

here’s my David 5 - 50% David, 50% M5, 0.1% Child

Image Attachments
david5.jpg

Posted: 28 August 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
TimG - 28 August 2012 11:09 AM

here’s my David 5 - 50% David, 50% M5, 0.1% Child

He’s fantastic Tim! Love his look, his body shape is spot on for D5! What was your formula if you dont mind me asking smile ... Great textures too!

Edit, I see it lol nm red face

Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2012 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I’ll definitely look forward to it! And don’t worry too much on body hair. I, for one, am rather partial to smooth, clean man skin myself. wink

That came out SOO wrong! LOL

HAHA! lol that almost belongs in the funny threads

Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Say, now that I innuendo it, David 3, like Michael 3, came with his own “goodies” or “toast” as most of us here like to call it. Since Stephanie has her own geo-graphed part, David would have to come with his own as well.

But anyway, now it’s time for ME to contribute:

DAVID 5
————————————-
BenjaminBody: 100%
David 3: 0.50
ManlyMen01: 25%
Michael 5: 0.50
Basic Child: 0.10
Fitness Details: 0.25
Thin: 0.10
ManlyMenHead01: 25%
Head Propagating Scale: -1%
Hitomi Lower Face Smaller: 0.25
Pectorals Developed: 0.25
Pectorals Volume: 0.25
Torso Length: 0.20
Waist Width: -0.25
Navel: 1.00
Biceps: 0.20
Forearm Volume: 0.10
Genital Bulge: 100%
Hip Volume: -0.20
Shins Volume: -0.20
Thighs Volume: -0.10

Products: David 3 for Genesis, Michael 5, Anime 3D Girl Hitomi, Evolutionary Morph Bundle, Zac Hair, Underwear for M5, Askan for M4-H4 (Renderocity)

Image Attachments
David_5.png
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 30 August 2012 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Now, as for a little something regarding another blown off character from DAZ’s roster. She may be a bit on the beefy side, but this beauty is in NO WAY something I’d call a “freak”! wink

SHE-FREAK 5
————————————-
Stephanie 5 Model Body: 0.50
Victoria 4: 0.50
Victoria 5: 0.50
Victoria 5 Supermodel: 0.50
Face Round: -0.25
Face Young: 0.25
Freak 4 Head: -0.10
Shins Volume: -0.20
Thighs Volume: -0.25
Freak 4: 0.20
Fitness: 0.25
Fitness Details: 1.00
Breast Small: 0.50
Torso Length: 0.25

Products: Stephanie 5, Victoria 5, V4 & M4 for Genesis, Gen 4 Iconic Shapes, Gabi for V5, Lycan Hunter, Pure Hair Crazy, Aikanaro

Image Attachments
She-Freak_5.jpg
 Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 30 August 2012 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Wow RC! Nice work… Love em both. It’s a nice combination of parameters you got going… I do like that you steered clear of a M5 look alike smile And I also went in to a big spill with a few others in another thread on the topic of the nameing conjunction with ‘She-Freak’. Freak seems a bit derogatory. I think SF and F should have their own actual names like the rest of the millenium family cheese She is beautiful RC, It’s great to see your work, well done!

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Thanks! grin Trust me, It honestly feels good to actually feel like I’m actually making real creative contributions instead of going around other topics stating the obvious or complaining about unsupported characters. LOL

And yes! I agree! Freak, She-Freak, Girl and Guy should get thier own dignified names! I was thinking something like Frank & Fiona or Gina & Gavin? How’s that? smile

EDIT: Post 310! That was my old post count right before the site switch! Not much, but hey, at least I’m on of the few that can say I’m fully restored here! grin

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 30 August 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3573
Joined  2012-02-06
marcusfinnigon - 24 August 2012 05:02 AM
Scott-Livingston - 22 August 2012 04:10 AM

I’ve actually been working on a similar character, but I’m not happy with him yet.

I’d really like to see your progress on this… You should post him here as your entry for YT Luke5 smile Your David5 is awesome… Probably close to what daz would actually create! :D

Here you go: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/86903/ (not posting them here because they aren’t intended to be Luke or Laura or other iconic characters).

I love the two new Davids! grin We seem to be forming somewhat of a consensus on what a new David should look like. The little bit of Basic Child is a nice touch. And you did a great job on the She-Freak/Fiona/Heroic Female, RC! Lovely render…

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 30 August 2012 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29

Watching too.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 31 August 2012 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Scott-Livingston - 30 August 2012 08:17 PM
marcusfinnigon - 24 August 2012 05:02 AM
Scott-Livingston - 22 August 2012 04:10 AM

I’ve actually been working on a similar character, but I’m not happy with him yet.

I’d really like to see your progress on this… You should post him here as your entry for YT Luke5 smile Your David5 is awesome… Probably close to what daz would actually create! :D

Here you go: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/86903/ (not posting them here because they aren’t intended to be Luke or Laura or other iconic characters).

I love the two new Davids! grin We seem to be forming somewhat of a consensus on what a new David should look like. The little bit of Basic Child is a nice touch. And you did a great job on the She-Freak/Fiona/Heroic Female, RC! Lovely render…

You know, they tottally belong here! lol

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2012 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

My little guys got a big brother! This character was designed to be the older sibling of my YT Boy.

My entry for D5

Body Formula

Scale 96.3%

Adams Apple 0.38
Sterno Mastoid L/R 0.12
Trapesius 0.30
Neck Length -0.15
Neck Size 0.20
Head Propagating Scale 2.5%
Feet Width 0.40
Feet Thick 0.25
Foot Length L/R 50%
Aponeurosis External Oblique 0.25
Glueus Maximus 0.15
“ ” Medius 0.35
Glue Crease L/R 0.12
Lliac Line 0.50
Sacral Dimples 0.35
Adductors 0.035
Biceps Femoris Short Head 0.35
Gastronemius Lateral 0.25
“ “ Medial 0.25
Hamstrings 0.029
Peroneus Brevis 0.029
“ “ Longus 0.25
Rectus Femoris 0.12
Sartorius 0.10
Semitendinosus 0.25
Soleus 0.20
Vastus Lateralis 0.15
“ “ Medialis 0.20
Knee bones volume 0.10
Thighs Tone 0.10

Benjamin Body 29.2%
ManlyMen04 35.4%
ManlyMen05 6.2%
Michael 5 0.55
Michael 5 Smooth 0.27

Anconeus 0.60
Biceps 0.31
Brachialis 0.30
Brachioradialis 0.46
Deltoits 0.071
Extensor Capri Radialis Brevis 0.25
“ “ Ulnaris 0.20
Extensor Pollicies Brevis 0.20
“ “ Longus 0.20
Flexor Radialis 0.15
Triceps Lateral Head 0.065
Triceps Long Head 0.15
Triceps Medial Head 0.15

Forarms Volume 0.30
Shoulder Width 0.20
Upper Arms Volume 0.45
L/R Hand P. Scale 3.3%
Erector Sponae Lateral 0.28
Infraspinatus 0.20
Linea Alba Depth 0.20
Navel 1.00
Navel Horizontal 0.45
Nipples 0.55
Scapula Depth 0.45
Stomach Lower Depth 0.10

Requires: Michael 5, Benjamin M5, Manly Men M5 and Genesis Evolution Morphs

Please Note: This character is one of my personally prized creations from which I have continued to upgrade and improve over the long term. I have entered the formula here purely for inspiration and tutorial learning purposes. This is not to be re-posted.

Image Attachments
CayEntry_FullC.jpgCayEntry_Port.jpgCayEntry2-MarcusfinnigonC.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2004-08-11

Nicely built, handsome.  I notice most of your characters seems to have an Islander or Asian influence around the eyes and nose.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 02 September 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
RAMWolff - 02 September 2012 02:37 PM

Nicely built, handsome.  I notice most of your characters seems to have an Islander or Asian influence around the eyes and nose.

Thanks lol. Well he’s my lil guys bro, so he had to keep to the family genetics smile I like to make characters that are unique by culture not just appearance and It’s fun to study the wonderfull features of different races and racial mixes! Then create them lol

Added: The Luke, David and Laura (Islander/Natives) Are from one of my larger long term projects, they arent actually human in ‘that project’ itself and are required to be of a tropical and native culture smile

Signature 

5 of 9