Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
aniBlock Importer for Poser [commercial]
Posted: 22 September 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  269
Joined  2004-10-09
WimvdB - 22 September 2012 02:42 PM

Actually it works for me. I did not realize there was no UI and the addons menu would be empty.
I tried the import script and I can get the blocks to load. But it is a lot of guesswork without any hint of what and how long it is

I guess I have to convert them to pose files myself

I just have DAZ Studio open on my second monitor,. That way I can easily see what is what. Makes it also faster to combine blocks and make new ones.

If it works for you on Pro, maybe the difference is related to P9/Pro 2012?

TD

Signature 

I reject your Reality and substitute my Vue!
Check my gallery at DeviantArt

Posted: 22 September 2012 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2007-07-28

It might be a P9 issue.  I assume you would load the aniblock by selecting Scripts/Import/Aniblock and then a dialogue should ask you to locate the aniblock—is that right?

Maybe I’m trying to import it the wrong way….

Signature 

My You Tube Videos
My Gallery

Each player rolls one die
The player with the highest number goes first
Play continues clock-wise

~Milton Bradley

Posted: 22 September 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-10-09
Salem2007 - 22 September 2012 02:50 PM

It might be a P9 issue.  I assume you would load the aniblock by selecting Scripts/Import/Aniblock and then a dialogue should ask you to locate the aniblock—is that right?

Maybe I’m trying to import it the wrong way….

No, that is correct. You get a dialog and select one of the aniblock files. It will import into the current layer, if there are not enough frames, it will give you an error and tell you how many frames you have to set as minimum.

TD

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  188
Joined  2003-10-09

There is something wrong in your P9 install
The 64 bit programs are installed in Program Files and the 32bit programs (Poser 9) are installed in Program Files (86)
If your Poser 9 is really installed in Program Files, the aniblock addin may be looking at the wrong place

Posted: 22 September 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2007-03-10

I have it running now (sort of).. I went into the python file and ran the scripts from the run scripts file. The results, so far, are only so-so. Many of the aniBlocks don’t work because they twist the figure into pretzel-like moves. So far, IMHO…this is not ready for Prime Time.

Posted: 22 September 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-10-09
pete.c44 - 22 September 2012 03:03 PM

I have it running now (sort of).. I went into the python file and ran the scripts from the run scripts file. The results, so far, are only so-so. Many of the aniBlocks don’t work because they twist the figure into pretzel-like moves. So far, IMHO…this is not ready for Prime Time.

Hi pete!

Which one did cause you pretzel problems? I have tried quite a number so far and not encountered any issue? If you give an example that did not work I could try and see if I can reproduce it here.

TD

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2007-07-28
WimvdB - 22 September 2012 02:54 PM

The 64 bit programs are installed in Program Files and the 32bit programs (Poser 9) are installed in Program Files (86)
If your Poser 9 is really installed in Program Files, the aniblock addin may be looking at the wrong place

P9 works fine installed where it is, but I’ll install it to the default location and see if that helps.

Signature 

My You Tube Videos
My Gallery

Each player rolls one die
The player with the highest number goes first
Play continues clock-wise

~Milton Bradley

Posted: 22 September 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  188
Joined  2003-10-09
Salem2007 - 22 September 2012 03:12 PM
WimvdB - 22 September 2012 02:54 PM

P9 works fine installed where it is, but I’ll install it to the default location and see if that helps.

Yes, P9 works fine at that location. But the addon needs to access another folder location (Menuscripts) and depending on how the script parses for that location, it migh use program files (86) for the 32 bit version to create an absolute pathname. But that is just guess work on my part.

Posted: 22 September 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2007-03-10

Got things working better now. My error as far as the pretzel stuff. I forgot to un-check the IK settings. I still have to manually run “poseraddon.py” manually from the menu before the script will work from the scripts file. I might try to have the poseraddon.py run automatically with the scripts run plug-in. EDIT: That seems to work now. Now that it works, I highly recommend it.

Posted: 27 September 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2008-04-10

A couple people have mentioned it and many have the following question
“Why on earth does the importer tell you how many frames you need?  Why not just make room for the frames automatically?”

Answer: The PoserPython API does not alow it.  I would guess this is an oversite on the part of Poser.  They have a Scene.NumFrames, but did not provide a Scene.SetNumFrames.  Hopefully they will add this in the next release.

The other question is “Why does it require SR3?”
Answer: It could be done and in fact it was working, but import took soooo long prior to SR3 because they did not have the Parameter.SetValueFrame.  We are talking minutes to import a small animation.

Posted: 26 October 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-03-13

I still have this same problem.  Can someone please tell me how you fixed it.  Probably something GoFigure should do.

I am running Poser 9 with SR3 on Windows 7.  Poser is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9.  I am getting the following error message when I select “Import/aniBlock” from the “Scripts” menu.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import gofigure.aniblock
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Thanks,
Joe

Posted: 26 October 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2008-04-10
JMurph - 26 October 2012 02:30 PM

I still have this same problem.  Can someone please tell me how you fixed it.  Probably something GoFigure should do.

I am running Poser 9 with SR3 on Windows 7.  Poser is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9.  I am getting the following error message when I select “Import/aniBlock” from the “Scripts” menu.

File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import gofigure.aniblock

Thanks,
Joe

This error means that poser could not find gofigure.aniblock.  Then there must be a file named aniblock.pyd located in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\gofigure

Is it there?  What bitness of the installer did you install?

Posted: 27 October 2012 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-03-13

Yes, aniBlock.pyd is in the specified folder.

I installed the 32 bit version.  I have tried installing both versions, but nothing helped.

Thanks,

Joe

Posted: 13 March 2013 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2005-06-04

I have the same problem.  Running Poser 2012 64 bit.  Files are in the right folder but no DLL.
aniblock.pyd is in Runtime/Python/addons and aniblock.py can be found in Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu

When attempting to import using scripts I get the display:
  File “F:\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import gofigure.aniblock

Has this ever been resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 13 March 2013 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2005-06-04

Just a follow up.  I moved the aniblock.pyd file to the DLL folder and now get the prompt:

File “F:\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import gofigure.aniblock
ImportError: No module named aniblock

Additionally, once I get this script working, where should the aniblock files reside - in Poses? Or will I import them from an external file on a per use basis?

Again, thanks in advance!

2 of 3