Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
where are the Morphs of Valea’s Snowhite Hair?
Posted: 22 September 2012 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2012-07-02

Thanks for your patience.

One more question, I am on Mac OS X, should I use DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro or DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro Beta?

Posted: 22 September 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

That is up to you. I prefer to test a Full version and then read what was FIXED before I try a BETA Version. I’m PC so I’m not much help at this point.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 22 September 2012 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-02

I am installing the Daz Studio 4.5 Pro, the first thing they ask while installing the first file DS4_3Dbridge is :
Choose Destination Location…...
What should I put in please?  Is every file going to ask the same thing and should I give the same destination location?

Posted: 22 September 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Are you USING the DS 3D bridge for PhotoShop? If not you only need to Install DS4.5 and the Content as I said before. I said get the files incase you wanted to use them in the future.

To Install DS4.5Pro you only need it and and Genesis Starter Essentails pack. Those are all you need unless you use PS and the Bridge.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 23 September 2012 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-02

Well, I downloaded DAZstudio_4.5.0.114_Mac64, and I opened it hoping to see what you mean by:

“Also do this before you install the update. In your Install folder (C: Program Files for 64bit or C: Program Files (x86) for 32bit on a 64bit system) You will find a folder in DAZ 3D that says Content Management Service. Open it and make a Back UP of the Databases Folder. Just Put it any place for now. Then open the Uninstallers Folder and Run the Uninstaller Remove-DAZContentā€¦..  That way when you install the NEW DS4.5 file it will Update your CMS program as well.”

But I don’t see that, and almost at the end the installation can’t be finished and I felt something is wrong so I tried to back out by aborting the installation.

After that I tried to open my Studio 4 and at the opening it tells me one or more files cannot be found, and I realized that my grey color Genesis guy is not showing anymore.  I checked my stuffs in the Content library, seems that things are there, but what is missing is the grey Genesis guy and I can only cll the basic male and basic woman from Genesis, the grey guy at the opening is gone forever.

So I went to install the GenesisStarterEssentials, hoping it will come back again, but no.

What do I do now?  If the installation of 4.5 is not right, at least I want my Genesis grey guy back at the opening as it is convenient.

please tell me how to reverse this? if I can’t install it.  Thanks.

Posted: 23 September 2012 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-02

Oh sorry maybe I should mention that now after opening Daz Studio it tells me “No Importer for the file format can be found.” and then after I clicked “ok” the Base figure never showed up.  I am glad that the plane still showed up, but I missed the grey guy showing up for my creation.

Posted: 24 September 2012 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6945
Joined  2005-08-15
chriswongbiz - 23 September 2012 08:33 PM

Oh sorry maybe I should mention that now after opening Daz Studio it tells me “No Importer for the file format can be found.” and then after I clicked “ok” the Base figure never showed up.  I am glad that the plane still showed up, but I missed the grey guy showing up for my creation.

Versions of DS4 prior to 4.5 cannot open the new file format .DUF, which is what Genesis is now stored in.

That leads me to believe that you do not have 4.5.0.114 installed.  Can you llok at Help > About DAZ Studio, and tell us what the version number is?

If you do have 4.5.0.114 installed, then have a look in Preferences > Startup, and see what the name of the file ia that DS is trying to load, it should be Genesis.duf for 4.5 and above.

Posted: 27 September 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-02-08

I am also trying to contact the vendor Valea, who made the Sea Nymph hair. I have autofitted to V4 and this is what I get (see screen shot). I can manually move the hair down to her head (I have tried parenting to the hea, so that helps, and it stays on her head when I move her, but when I exported her as a Collada the hair winds up on the ceiling!).

So any help for this poor newbie in attaching the hair properly or contacting the vendor Valea?

Image Attachments
sea_nymph_hair_and_V4.png

Posted: 27 September 2012 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

First, Do not Auto fit the hair. Just load it Position it and then Right Click and Parent it to the Head.
Second, Always Load and Parent the hair when the figure is still in the Default T pose.
Third, Only Genesis hairs load and work 100% in 4.5 and 4 when auto loaded. I never AutoFit the Older hairs when Using 4.5. They just work better that way.

For me anyway. Others may know trick’s I do not.

Signature 

Posted: 27 September 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6945
Joined  2005-08-15
Ravenshoe - 27 September 2012 11:11 AM

I am also trying to contact the vendor Valea, who made the Sea Nymph hair. I have autofitted to V4 and this is what I get (see screen shot). I can manually move the hair down to her head (I have tried parenting to the hea, so that helps, and it stays on her head when I move her, but when I exported her as a Collada the hair winds up on the ceiling!).

So any help for this poor newbie in attaching the hair properly or contacting the vendor Valea?

In that product there are two different hair files, one for Genesis, and the other for V4, so there is no need to use Autofit.  How were you using it anyway, Autofit is designed to fit Gen 4 items TO Genesis?

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-09-28
JimmyC_2009 - 24 September 2012 02:54 AM
chriswongbiz - 23 September 2012 08:33 PM

Versions of DS4 prior to 4.5 cannot open the new file format .DUF, which is what Genesis is now stored in.

That leads me to believe that you do not have 4.5.0.114 installed.  Can you llok at Help > About DAZ Studio, and tell us what the version number is?

If you do have 4.5.0.114 installed, then have a look in Preferences > Startup, and see what the name of the file ia that DS is trying to load, it should be Genesis.duf for 4.5 and above.

I’ve been triple checking all the setup guides and I’m having the same problem! Have downloaded all the files as instructed and did not change file directory in my mac but still getting “No Importer for the file format can be found.” error. Can load a plug model but cannot create hair, skin, etc.

2 of 2