Digital Art Zone

Real Fur
Posted: 20 September 2012 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2012-02-04

Hi

I wanted to ask if anyone has Real Fur for the Millennium Big Cat, and whether it is worth buying. $18 is a lot to spend on something that may not be leaps and bounds (not a big cat pun, honest) beyond the standard fur that comes with the Millennium Big Cat.

I was hoping that it would turn up in the PA sale, but that’s looking more unlikely as the days pass. Still, I won’t be buying it until the PA sale ends, just in case.

Anyone able to give some feedback on it, please?

Thanks muchly grin

Signature 

My DeviantART

Posted: 20 September 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2008-10-19

I don’t have it but did you notice it’s for Carra,not DS.Me I’m waiting for Alessandro’s LAMH product which will allow us to put hair on pretty much whatever you want .........

Posted: 20 September 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16
Misangelic - 20 September 2012 08:46 PM

Hi

I wanted to ask if anyone has Real Fur for the Millennium Big Cat, and whether it is worth buying. $18 is a lot to spend on something that may not be leaps and bounds (not a big cat pun, honest) beyond the standard fur that comes with the Millennium Big Cat.

I was hoping that it would turn up in the PA sale, but that’s looking more unlikely as the days pass. Still, I won’t be buying it until the PA sale ends, just in case.

Anyone able to give some feedback on it, please?

Thanks muchly grin

Despite what Carrie said, it IS compatible with DS and Poser. From the promo renders, I’d say it’s worth the price. However, for a few bucks cheaper, I’d get this instead. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lions-by-am

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 20 September 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-04

It does state that it requires Carrara 8 Pro, but in Compatible 3D Software it lists Daz Studio, Poser, Carrara. So I’m assuming that means it can be used in Daz, and that if you’re going to use it in Carrara you need at least Carrara 8 Pro

Signature 

My DeviantART

Posted: 20 September 2012 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-04

Thanks Knight22179, but I’d rather get the Real Fur as it has fur for various Big Cats.

Signature 

My DeviantART

Posted: 20 September 2012 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16

Your welcome and ok. wink

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 20 September 2012 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9577
Joined  2007-11-06

The compatible software list is incorrect, it only works in Carrara.  I’ve flagged it for DAZ 3D to correct.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 20 September 2012 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-04
fixmypcmike - 20 September 2012 09:30 PM

The compatible software list is incorrect, it only works in Carrara.  I’ve flagged it for DAZ 3D to correct.

Really? Oh bugger! angry

Lucky I decided to ask before buying it then. Thanks, fixmypcmike! grin

Signature 

My DeviantART

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2009-08-08

And it’s old enough that it ought to work in earlier versions of the program, unless it’s been given an update that makes that impossible.

Posted: 21 September 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1827
Joined  2008-05-31
Misangelic - 20 September 2012 09:38 PM
fixmypcmike - 20 September 2012 09:30 PM

Really? Oh bugger! angry

Lucky I decided to ask before buying it then. Thanks, fixmypcmike! grin

Well in case you don’t know you can return anything you buy within 30 days and get your money back, or a store credit, so ther’e no harm done trying out things you’re not sure about.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store