Digital Art Zone

Plants and flowers for Bryce
Posted: 20 September 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  2011-10-27

Please could anyone tell me if there are any resources known for Wysteria and clematis for training up trellis work on a wall?

I could also do with some standard garden plants like roses and calendula and foxgloves etc.

I looked on the web for wysteria and Bryce but came up with nothing.

Thanks.

Terry

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1774
Joined  2007-12-10

You may need to use some 3rd party software to convert some if these to .obj, but I’ve found them to mostly be good(ish) quality.

http://archive3d.net/?category=22

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2689
Joined  2004-07-06

I’ve used this, it is a bit fiddly to get to grips with, but the results are excellent.  http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/  And still free to use by the looks.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3823
Joined  2004-10-01

On my website (see sig below), go to Raytracing > Tools. There are short descriptions and links to programs that create vegetation that can be used for Bryce.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 20 September 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  931
Joined  2003-10-09

Also for what it’s worth there is a fine selection of plants and flowers in the Daz store. Most are not intended specifically for Bryce but can be used via the studio/Bryce bridge. I know you’ve mentioned you don’t have much money but if you can afford to become a platinum member then alot of those will be $1.99 each under the vendor name of Lisa’s Botanicals and I’m pretty sure the plant names you mentioned are among the options offered by that vendor.

Posted: 20 September 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

Oh yes, I have a lot of Lisa’s Botanicals. They are not expensive but neither free.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 20 September 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-27

Lisas Botanicals are for Daz Studio I understand - how can I get them into Bryce?

Posted: 20 September 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

Over the bridge. And if that doesn’t work, export from Studio as obj and import in Bryce.

EDIT: Studio 4.5 is free at the moment. Get hold of it.

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17033
Joined  2003-10-09

And another thing. Next month is the PC anniversary month,nso there may be a lot of special offers coming up, I seem to remember that last year there was a special offer price if you joined (or renewed if you were already a member)) during the PC anniversary sale. last year also most of the LizaB botanical stuff was offered at half price, so 99c a pop instead of $1.99 as per normal for members.

Having said that, Although I use a lot of stuff from LisaB, I do also use some of the Plants from RDNA. and they have some quite good vines in their real deals section. Again they are Poser or DS, and need to be brought into Bryce through the bridge, but do work well in Bryce.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 September 2012 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

PC = Platinum Club, not Personal Computer. I can only recommend a membership.

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17033
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, thanks Horo, I should remember that.

BTW, this site also has quite a few plants modles, although the free versions are pretty basic. And in formats that import easily into Bryce
http://3dplants.0catch.com/free_models.html

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 September 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-27

I’ve bought Lisas Botanicals set COTTAGE PLANTS 1 but when I save as OBJ and import into Bryce I cannot train the plant where I want it - under and across the window.

Any advice?

Posted: 20 September 2012 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13

Not any that are on the OP’s list…but as far as plants go, you can’t leave these off the list of ‘freebies’...

http://xfrog.com/130-free-xfrogplants-now-available/

David Brinnen - 20 September 2012 10:07 AM

I’ve used this, it is a bit fiddly to get to grips with, but the results are excellenthttp://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/  And still free to use by the looks.

That’s a bit of an understatement..browse through the gallery pics.  The results can be beyond that…

tdrd - 20 September 2012 01:01 PM

I’ve bought Lisas Botanicals set COTTAGE PLANTS 1 but when I save as OBJ and import into Bryce I cannot train the plant where I want it - under and across the window.

Any advice?

You will have to do any posing/morphing/etc on it in D|S and then export the posed item as a new obj.  The base obj is just that, no morphs or anything.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.