Digital Art Zone

4 of 8
ARTCollab Store Sale and The Control Room and Mini Contest [COMMERCIAL]
Posted: 20 September 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2003-10-09

Awesome renders!  I love all the details and depth of this set.  Amazing work you guys, thank you!

Image Attachments
control_room.jpg

Posted: 20 September 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2004-02-13
Totte - 20 September 2012 12:26 PM
DAZ_ann0314 - 20 September 2012 12:24 PM
Totte - 20 September 2012 11:45 AM

wink did you spot the calf?

OMG no I didnt till you just pointed out there was one LOL HAHAHA

PS check your PMs again smile (you “should” have one from me LOL)

Actually there are two but one hides in the dark wink

I saw both…one way back in the right corner kinda hiding behind the one station and then one off to the left smile I spotted both just didnt plural it LOL smile Too too funny though smile Always with the cows hehe smile I love that episode though. Funny enough when we started to work on this we re-watched the series just to kinda get the vibe of it back again to do this and when that episode came on we were talking about your render of the Dock LOL I said see hubby this was the scene and he missed it and I had to rewind to point it out LOL smile

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 20 September 2012 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5804
Joined  2005-08-29
DAZ_ann0314 - 20 September 2012 03:15 PM
Totte - 20 September 2012 12:26 PM
DAZ_ann0314 - 20 September 2012 12:24 PM
Totte - 20 September 2012 11:45 AM

wink did you spot the calf?

OMG no I didnt till you just pointed out there was one LOL HAHAHA

PS check your PMs again smile (you “should” have one from me LOL)

Actually there are two but one hides in the dark wink

I saw both…one way back in the right corner kinda hiding behind the one station and then one off to the left smile I spotted both just didnt plural it LOL smile Too too funny though smile Always with the cows hehe smile I love that episode though. Funny enough when we started to work on this we re-watched the series just to kinda get the vibe of it back again to do this and when that episode came on we were talking about your render of the Dock LOL I said see hubby this was the scene and he missed it and I had to rewind to point it out LOL smile

LOL, I will forever be Mr Cow wink

Edit:

Btw, I used that cow picture in my adventure when they took the Ming Cattle run to make some gold, and then a little rat that came with the hay decided to chew on an electric cable, but they didn’t have to toss that many cows over board before the fire was taken care off.

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 20 September 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13
Zaarin - 20 September 2012 12:28 PM

Aha! I thought sci-fi seemed slightly out of genre for you (though you do it so well!). I for one am loving the set; I’m working on a render featuring all my new goodies today, including this. smile

Very much so…DAZ kinda pushed and encouraged us to go this direction and try to do the Loading Dock (I owe them a big debt of gratitude for the nudge LOL) and we said um ok we’ll um try? (We do like fairies and real world stuff etc LOL so was a stretch) but they said something worn and instantly I thought of Firefly and I said ooooooooo hehe and well it just kinda went fairly naturally from there though all along the way DAZ gave us really great advice and helped us kinda get into a different train of thought which really made doing something this different really comfortable smile.

Hubby gets a good portion of the credit though for the final outcomes. Most of all 3 sets is his actual work on creating that vision of the general feeling and me over his shoulder going…ooo I want this…ooo I want that LOOOL. I did the monitors in the Dock and this set and the chair and rigging and morphs (the little extra touches basically) etc but the majority is all him or me saying WAAAAH gimme this! HEHE smile But yeah if DAZ hadn’t said well hey give it a shot, we may not have tried it and Im glad we did cuz we really have enjoyed working on this and it kinda showed us we could do more then I think either of us kinda thought we could do smile

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13
Kalypso - 20 September 2012 02:44 PM

Awesome renders!  I love all the details and depth of this set.  Amazing work you guys, thank you!

Really amazing render Kalypso smile I always love your coloring in your renders…you always get such a clean vibrant look to them smile I was just admiring the one you did of Barbs outfit…really captivating smile

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you Ann smile  It’s not hard when you have such great textures with which to work.  All that detail really shows.  I’ve got another in the works with a more Firefly feel to it and more figures so it’s taking longer to set up.  I also want to try IDL with the screens and see if I can light it like that. 

It’s good to try new things.  I mean Twinkle is my favourite fairy but your scifi sets are top notch - who says you can’t do it all? smile

Posted: 20 September 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13
Kalypso - 20 September 2012 04:14 PM

Thank you Ann smile  It’s not hard when you have such great textures with which to work.  All that detail really shows.  I’ve got another in the works with a more Firefly feel to it and more figures so it’s taking longer to set up.  I also want to try IDL with the screens and see if I can light it like that. 

It’s good to try new things.  I mean Twinkle is my favourite fairy but your scifi sets are top notch - who says you can’t do it all? smile

The included lights will further light the screens as will the translucency on them…that said IDL doesnt tend to do much in the way of brightening them. All my renders were done with the lights in the set though smile

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Well actually I meant using the screens as light emitting objects and maybe a few point lights to give that glow to the areas around them like in this image:  http://forum.runtimedna.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60893&d=1316786047 
I can still use any one of your light sets but just set up the screens to give off light too - at least that’s my plan smile

Posted: 20 September 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2005-08-23

“Partners in Crime” (as seen in Iggy’s thread raspberry)

EDIT: Only without the image, apparently. ^_^

Image Attachments
Partners_in_Crime_postwork.jpg
 Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 20 September 2012 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3021
Joined  2004-10-25

@Kalypso - That is a great render.  I love everything about it.  grin

@Zaarin - Love yours too.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 21 September 2012 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5804
Joined  2005-08-29

Ha ha! Mine is an evil laugh!

Image Attachments
wash-playing.jpg
 Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 21 September 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13

HAHAHA know that reference too,,,you know someone asked me if we were gonna do like a little prop addon with that stuff LOL

Zaarin: Love the image! Commented on it over at deviant art smile Beautiful job on it smile

Signature 

Posted: 21 September 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13

PS don’t forget the rest of our store is on sale as well smile so you can pick up some of those packs you haven’t had the chance to at 50% Off smile

Below is our Twinkle for A4 pack smile

Image Attachments
WinterFaerie.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 21 September 2012 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2517
Joined  2007-12-07

Was just about to post this but realised some ‘naughty bits’ were on show ... http://fav.me/d5fk6us

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 21 September 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01
DAZ_ann0314 - 21 September 2012 03:27 PM

PS don’t forget the rest of our store is on sale as well smile so you can pick up some of those packs you haven’t had the chance to at 50% Off smile

Below is our Twinkle for A4 pack smile

I just have to pop in and mention how much I LOVE Twinkle!!  smile She is definitely one of my most favorite characters for V4. Seriously… I LOVE HER!!! I love her so much I even made a freebie for her!! :

http://www.art-collabstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=175

Image Attachments
DP01.jpg

4 of 8