Digital Art Zone

2 of 8
ARTCollab Store Sale and The Control Room and Mini Contest [COMMERCIAL]
Posted: 20 September 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3040
Joined  2004-10-25

Third up is the Hallway leading into the Control Room, this time with the Amber lights.  Click to see it unsquished.

For a full-sized render, click here—> http://3dpixelzone.com/ART/controlroom3.htm

Image Attachments
CRFullScene-Small.jpg
 Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1358
Joined  2004-02-13
Paradigm67 - 20 September 2012 10:20 AM

While we have the attention of the artcollab guys: Do you guys have any plans on making another “anime” texture a la ART Isa a4? That is my hands down most used/edited texture.

That was actually created by someone I used to work with who now sells on RDNA (mutedbanshee) She may have something up over there similar, I’m not sure smile

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

Next up is the Loading Dock, Hallway and the Control Room/Cockpit, this time using the Frost lights.  Be sure to click to see unsquished.

For a full-sized render, click here—> http://3dpixelzone.com/ART/controlroom4.htm

Image Attachments
LoadingDockAndCRoom-Small.jpg
 Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2011-05-17

Thanks! Really cool control room, btw.

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

Last, but certainly not least (this one took me the better part of 3 days to get finished), this is the Control Room, Hallway, Loading Dock (what little you see of it) and waaaaaaaaaaaay in the back, the Cargo Hold, again using the Frost lights.  Click to see unsquished.

For a full-sized render, click here—> http://3dpixelzone.com/ART/controlroom5.htm

~psssst~  I finished this around 1:00am this morning, just around the time Kevin posted today’s PA sale list.

Image Attachments
CRoom-LoadingDockAndCargoHold-Small.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  599
Joined  0

I grabbed this. I don’t know if it was your intent or not but I get a very “Firefly” vibe off of this set.

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13
Riggswolfe - 20 September 2012 10:34 AM

I grabbed this. I don’t know if it was your intent or not but I get a very “Firefly” vibe off of this set.

It was the intent smile We own the series and also Serenity and watch them often so we are fans (actually I am a huge fan of pretty much anything Joss Whedon touches) so it was the general inspiration smile Nothing in any of the rooms is anything like the ship Serenity though…it’s just supposed to evoke that same feeling smile Makes my whole day that obviously we achieved that by how many have caught the reference smile

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2011-05-17
DAZ_ann0314 - 20 September 2012 10:38 AM

(actually I am a huge fan of pretty much anything Joss Whedon touches)

You sound like my roommate. Dresses up as the captain from Firefly every Holloween. /sigh

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  599
Joined  0

It was the intent smile We own the series and also Serenity and watch them often so we are fans (actually I am a huge fan of pretty much anything Joss Whedon touches) so it was the general inspiration smile Nothing in any of the rooms is anything like the ship Serenity though…it’s just supposed to evoke that same feeling smile Makes my whole day that obviously we achieved that by how many have caught the reference smile

You did. I held off on the cargo bay/loading dock previously but when I saw the cockpit I went ahead and snapped all 3 up. I’m a sucker for sci-fi and generally prefer the lived in look as opposed to sleek and shiny or retro-60s stuff.

Now if you just come up with a living quarters with the same feel I’d feel more or less complete!

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5953
Joined  2005-08-29

That’s so much Firefly you can almost smell Jayne and hear Captain Reynolds yell. The promo gave me goosebumps. Working on a follow up render to my cows, just picky, on my tenth rerender or so…..

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13
Riggswolfe - 20 September 2012 10:41 AM

Now if you just come up with a living quarters with the same feel I’d feel more or less complete!

On the list of ones we would like to do to go with this (as long as it seems people still want the stuff) are:

The Living Quarters
Engine Room
Medical Lab
And possibly a couple others as well

But that is all dependent on whether or not people seem to be buying the stuff. These sets take the two of us (me and my husband) a good couple months or some pretty long days so as long as sales dictate that we can take that sort of time on them we will probably keep going with it smile We enjoy the theme a ton but don’t want to get to a point where we are kinda rushing them to offset losses due to how much time they take (if that makes sense) smile It’s kinda do the best we can on something or don’t do it at all.

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7904
Joined  2006-03-19
Totte - 20 September 2012 10:48 AM

That’s so much Firefly you can almost smell Jayne and hear Captain Reynolds yell. The promo gave me goosebumps. Working on a follow up render to my cows, just picky, on my tenth rerender or so…..

I absolutely love Firefly and was the biggest inspiration to these packs. Though none of it looks in any way like it I wanted to get the same feel of it.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13

ROFL ok quick try to say Firefly Fan 3 times fast! I just tried to say to my husband that Totte must be a big Firefly Fan and it came out Frier Fry Flan like all three times O.o LOL

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
DAZ_ann0314 - 20 September 2012 10:54 AM
Riggswolfe - 20 September 2012 10:41 AM

On the list of ones we would like to do to go with this (as long as it seems people still want the stuff) are:

The Living Quarters
Engine Room
Medical Lab
And possibly a couple others as well

But that is all dependent on whether or not people seem to be buying the stuff. These sets take the two of us (me and my husband) a good couple months or some pretty long days so as long as sales dictate that we can take that sort of time on them we will probably keep going with it smile We enjoy the theme a ton but don’t want to get to a point where we are kinda rushing them to offset losses due to how much time they take (if that makes sense) smile It’s kinda do the best we can on something or don’t do it at all.

That is perfectly understandable. Living quarters (with a round corner sofa and a huge table in the center) is a nobrainer! Engine room and medlab is also cool, but comes as you wrote, lower on the list;-)

Keep it up, now we need the clothing department to make a Genesis versions of Privateer M3 & Hardcore m3/M4 (I use them on Genesis a lot in my FireFly inspired renders, for my adventures for the now dead but still moving Roleplaying game Serenity.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 20 September 2012 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
DAZ_ann0314 - 20 September 2012 10:57 AM

ROFL ok quick try to say Firefly Fan 3 times fast! I just tried to say to my husband that Totte must be a big Firefly Fan and it came out Frier Fry Flan like all three times O.o LOL

You’re right!
The series was awesome and the roleplaying game makes us continue exploring the ‘Verse where no one dared before wink

Fried any fliers lately Ann?

Signature 

Community Volunteer

2 of 8