Digital Art Zone

ISO: Text Editor with HTML preview
Posted: 20 September 2012 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1452
Joined  2006-09-09

I currently use EditPad Lite, and on occasion, Notepad++, but I can’t seem to locate in either of them, how to preview the html in a web browser (to ensure the code is correct).

Can anyone suggest a free editor that DOES contain a preview of what the html will look like on the web? I know I used to have one a long time back, adn I can remember the preview was IN hte editor,but I can’t for the life of me remember the name of it.

Posted: 20 September 2012 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2010-06-18

Hi…

I use PSPad and it has an in browser HTML preview   PSPad

and it’s free

Hope this helps… smile

Posted: 20 September 2012 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6621
Joined  2005-08-15

In Notepad++, select ‘Run’ from the main menu bar, and it gives you a list of Browsers tt run it in.

Posted: 20 September 2012 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2012-02-21

This is another one.
http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/index.php

Posted: 20 September 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2952
Joined  2004-10-25

Hey Jaki, I don’t use a freeware HTML editor, but I’ve always hated Notepad since my very first Win 95 computer, so I searched for and found NoteTab, which “can” be used as an HTML editor, and they have 3 versions, one of which is free. Oh and a nice feature is, if you close Note Tab and need to pick up with something you were working on, just leave it open when you close the app, and the file (or files) you were working on will open up again, and each file will be in it’s own tab, just like your browser.  Also, F8 will open the page in your browser, though you will have to set up which browser you prefer to use (and an alternate if you wish) through View > Options > Internet.

Check out Note Tab Lite here—> http://www.notetab.com/download-now.php

That said, several members of my web designers list use PSPad and like it a lot.  I’ve not tried it, but I trust these folks’ opinions, so if you want to go with that instead, I don’t think you’ll go wrong.  I’m not famliar with WeBuilder to comment on it.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden