Digital Art Zone

1 of 5
Supersuit as Everyday Clothing
Posted: 19 September 2012 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2010-07-30

Hi there!

I’m thinking about purchasing the basic supersuit, but I’m only interested in using it for regular clothes, male/female. Has anyone out there used it for such and would you mind letting me know how useful/versatile it is? (Or point me to the relevant thread if this topic has already arisen.) Renders encouraged! cheese

Thanks!

M.

Posted: 19 September 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2757
Joined  2004-04-14

What would your defenition of regular clothes be?

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 19 September 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2004-05-24
Mattymanx - 19 September 2012 03:40 PM

What would your defenition of regular clothes be?

T-shirt, Jeans, etc.

Posted: 19 September 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-30

My definition would be clothes that a non-superhero (or a superhero in mild-mannered disguise) might wear everyday - t-shirt, jeans, khaki pants, sweat pants, shorts, that sort of thing. The narrator on the video for the supersuit (Introducing the Genesis Supersuit 3D Clothing Model on youtube) says you can create configurations “...anything from normal clothing to incredible fantasy armor.” I was simply wondering if anyone had used it for ‘normal clothing’ and whether they considered it a worthwhile resource.

Thanks. grin

M.

Posted: 19 September 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  917
Joined  2003-10-09

with the right textures, it could work.

Posted: 19 September 2012 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

For that you might get better results with Flipmode’s G-Suit, Bodysuit for Genesis. The surfaces are defined differently then the Supersuit, more towards normal clothes.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

It’s possible to use the Supersuit for your perposes. Provided you have the UV Templates, you can texture your own clothing and turn the Supersut into clothing. It has plenty of morphs to mimick these kinds of things. And what it can’t do, you can certainly make up for in texturing, bump maps and displacements.

Check this out, this is something you might appreciate. http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=wilmap&division_id=0&s=dd&pn=1

Edited to add: I have seen DAZ_Rand use the Supersuit for regular clothing, and it looked nice. But so far, Rand has not given us any of his custom made textures (including those “Super-Hero” textures he promised).

I agree that the G-Suit would probably be your better option. It has less complicated UV maps (in case you want to make your own textures, which is highly recommended) and it looks better as regular clothes as well.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-30

Thanks Gedd, I do have the G-suit. It comes in handy for some things. I would LOVE a suit designed specifically for regular clothes…

M.

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-30

Thanks Knight22179, I’ll check that link out.

I do have the Fabricator for texturing, and I really like it.

M.

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Melissa Conway - 19 September 2012 05:07 PM

Thanks Knight22179, I’ll check that link out.

I do have the Fabricator for texturing, and I really like it.

M.

Your welcome. smile

Well, the Fabricator would certainly help changing the Supersuit into regular clothing. Combined with the Supersuit’s morphs, and you can probably pull off some convincing looks. smile

In case you do get the Supersuit anyway, here’s the UV template for it. http://www.sharecg.com/v/62282/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates#commentAnchor

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-30

In case you do get the Supersuit anyway, here’s the UV template for it. http://www.sharecg.com/v/62282/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates#commentAnchor

Awesome. grin

Thanks again!

M.

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3307
Joined  2009-08-05

Have Daz fixed the UV’s for the Basic suit? To me that is a better base for Casual Clothes. But since the UV’s are messed up, Its useless. A real waste if you ask me. Its perfect for tight clothing cause it sits flush on the figure. Most pantyhose sets you see the gap between it and the base mesh, not with the basic suit. Its perfect for tights and pantyhose type clothing.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-30
Zev0 - 19 September 2012 05:45 PM

Have Daz fixed the UV’s for the Basic suit? To me that is a better base for Casual Clothes. But since the UV’s are messed up, Its useless. A real waste if you ask me. Its perfect for tight clothing cause it sits flush on the figure. Most pantyhose sets you see the gap between it and the base mesh, not with the basic suit. Its perfect for tights and pantyhose type clothing.

Where’s the Basic Suit? I looked for it in the store, but didn’t find it…

Thanks.

M.

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Daz has not provided any UV templates if that’s what you mean by fixing the UV’s. And I did a texture test with the Basic Suit and The Basic Suit can use the same UV’s as the Supersuit.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Melissa Conway - 19 September 2012 06:08 PM

Thanks.

M.

The basic suit is not sold seperately. It’s sold with the Supersuit here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-supersuit

Look under What’s Included and Features and you will see Basic Suit. So, go to that link I provided, buy it and you’ll get the basic suit.

I have to give you a fair warning, though. The Basic Suit does not have the same morphs as the Supersuit does, just Adjustment morphs. So, to create your own clothing, you will have to create trans maps and possibly displacement maps too. What I was saying earlier about the morphs giving you possible clothing looks…I was talking about the Supersuit, not the Basic Suit.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3307
Joined  2009-08-05
Knight22179 - 19 September 2012 06:36 PM
Melissa Conway - 19 September 2012 06:08 PM

Thanks.

M.

The basic suit is not sold seperately. It’s sold with the Supersuit here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-supersuit

Look under What’s Included and Features and you will see Basic Suit. So, go to that link I provided, buy it and you’ll get the basic suit.

I have to give you a fair warning, though. The Basic Suit does not have the same morphs as the Supersuit does, just Adjustment morphs. So, to create your own clothing, you will have to create trans maps and possibly displacement maps too. What I was saying earlier about the morphs giving you possible clothing looks…I was talking about the Supersuit, not the Basic Suit.

That is the problem. You cannot create maps for it. The Uv’s overlay so it cannot be textured properly. Shaders are fine.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

1 of 5