Digital Art Zone

4 of 6
Carrara 8 and Carrara 8.5, Where are the Serial Numbers Located? Read on
Posted: 24 December 2012 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2012-02-14
0oseven - 09 December 2012 03:15 PM

Definitely the number supplied by Daz - see sticky post ” bete 172 now avaialable ”
To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0031102-PAS-001-EBTQTHV (Expires 12 January 2013)

My experience is that you cannot copy and paste the serial but be careful to type in exactly as above.

try again ?

You can copy and paste it.  You just can’t paste it with a right-click.  You have to Control-V to paste it.

It worked fine for me.

Posted: 12 February 2013 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2003-10-09

Confirmed that the “sudo” method works to make 7.2 pro registerable on an OS 10.8 system.  Still runs poorly, of course, but that’s just Carrara.

Posted: 12 February 2013 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4871
Joined  2006-08-27
nomuse - 12 February 2013 03:04 PM

Confirmed that the “sudo” method works to make 7.2 pro registerable on an OS 10.8 system.  Still runs poorly, of course, but that’s just Carrara.

No, that’s just Carrara 7.2 running poorly on an unsupported OS X version. You’re lucky it will even load. I’ve had Carrara 5 and 7.2 and never had any major issues with them on my Mac.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 12 February 2013 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2003-10-09

Heh.  I haven’t had it run without issue on any Mac, not yet.  But most of the time, I get told “You fool; your operating system is too old to be running that!”  Is refreshing to finally have an OS that is too NEW.

That said, I have less fatal crashes with Carrara than I have with any other 3d application.  Right now the most annoying thing in Lion is not being able to use a font large enough to actually read.

Posted: 13 February 2013 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  0

Reinstalled windows, and reinstalled C8 upgrade, my purchased version. Downloaded software C8 upgrade (Carrara_8.5.0.172_Win64). Typed in complicated serial code and I get error many times..“Invalid….” Got my son to type it in, and still problems. I dunno. SO TICKED OFF. My suggestion to everyone is not buy from DAZ anymore. This C8 beta been going on for years now, and no final. And when it is final, it is still buggy. That goes for all DAZ products. I am so pissed right now, have to do this, do that, then that, that I am writng negatives.

Posted: 13 February 2013 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5937
Joined  2007-12-04
Robo2010 - 13 February 2013 09:17 AM

Reinstalled windows, and reinstalled C8 upgrade, my purchased version. Downloaded software C8 upgrade (Carrara_8.5.0.172_Win64). Typed in complicated serial code and I get error many times..“Invalid….” Got my son to type it in, and still problems. I dunno. SO TICKED OFF. My suggestion to everyone is not buy from DAZ anymore. This C8 beta been going on for years now, and no final. And when it is final, it is still buggy. That goes for all DAZ products. I am so pissed right now, have to do this, do that, then that, that I am writng negatives.

Okay… just so you are aware, Carrara_8.5.0.172_Win64 is not the purchased version. It’s the beta. The first page of the Beta threa has the limited time serial number: CDZCPRO-085-0000375-YHY-001-EBTPAAF

Don’t type it in. Copy all of the code and use “Ctrl C” to copy. Then when asked, use “Ctrl V” to paste.
I’m not supposed to paste that code in here, but you’re having a hard day, I wanted to help. Once you get it, we can erase that from here…

If, however, you are installing Carrara_8.1 something, the serial code for that is in your “My Account” page at Daz3d.com
Go to My Serial Codes, I think it’s called. Again, Don’t type it in. Copy all of the code and use “Ctrl C” to copy. Then when asked, use “Ctrl V” to paste.

Hope that helps.
BTW, the above code works for anything that’s Carrara_8.5.anything

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 13 February 2013 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Joined  0
Dartanbeck - 13 February 2013 09:43 AM
Robo2010 - 13 February 2013 09:17 AM

Okay… just so you are aware, Carrara_8.5.0.172_Win64 is not the purchased version. It’s the beta. The first page of the Beta threa has the limited time serial number: CDZCPRO-085-0000375-YHY-001-EBTPAAF

Don’t type it in. Copy all of the code and use “Ctrl C” to copy. Then when asked, use “Ctrl V” to paste.
I’m not supposed to paste that code in here, but you’re having a hard day, I wanted to help. Once you get it, we can erase that from here…

If, however, you are installing Carrara_8.1 something, the serial code for that is in your “My Account” page at Daz3d.com
Go to My Serial Codes, I think it’s called. Again, Don’t type it in. Copy all of the code and use “Ctrl C” to copy. Then when asked, use “Ctrl V” to paste.

Hope that helps.
BTW, the above code works for anything that’s Carrara_8.5.anything

And let me quess. Their will be a date (soon), that this version will not be working anymore. Why mix up both C8s (available to all (which I do not mind as well) with purchased version) on downloads.

Posted: 13 February 2013 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Robo2010 - 13 February 2013 09:53 AM

And let me quess. Their will be a date (soon), that this version will not be working anymore. Why mix up both C8s (available to all (which I do not mind as well) with purchased version) on downloads.

Sorry man, trying to help you out. Right Here is the Thread that explains the beta. If you go back to your downloads page, the file you want to download is called “Carrara 8 Application PC 64 - exe - pc” or “Carrara 8 Application PC 32 - exe - pc”
That is the ‘purchased’ product with a permanent serial code - which you’ll have to get from your own account.

It’s really confusing trying to figure out which version to download.
The only way I was able to get the one you mentioned is by resetting the “beta” download.
Weird.
I’m here to help though…

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 13 February 2013 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Rank
Joined  0

the file you want to download is called “Carrara 8 Application PC 64 - exe - pc” or “Carrara 8 Application PC 32 - exe - pc”
That is the ‘purchased’ product with a permanent serial code - which you’ll have to get from your own account.

Thanks. That is the one I wanted. My purchased version. Thanks, for clearing that one up. grin

Posted: 13 February 2013 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Robo2010 - 13 February 2013 04:08 PM

the file you want to download is called “Carrara 8 Application PC 64 - exe - pc” or “Carrara 8 Application PC 32 - exe - pc”

Thanks. That is the one I wanted. My purchased version. Thanks, for clearing that one up. grin

Any time. cool hmm

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2013 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2006-08-19

hmmm I have Carrara 8 pro installed (and registered with legit serial number) but I don’t see it in my downloads to reset to get the 8.5 Beta..

of course if I go to my account now, it says I have no downloadable products, use the DAZ Install Mangager to get your stuff…. this thing’s acryonym of DIM is quite apropriate.. 200+ items available for download.. um.. I already have these thanks.

Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://rareth1966.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 19 February 2013 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Go to Itemized history in your account

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2013 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

More specifically, Install Manager doesn’t yet include software, or Specific items for Carrara, Bryce or Hexagon. So these things currently have to be manually “Reset” as before.
Go to your “My Account” and select “Itemized History” from the left panel of links. Scroll through - in this situation, you’re looking for whatever you paid for to get Carrara 8. In my case, as an example, I look for my Carrara 8 Pro product from the Carrara 7 Pro Upgrade. This may only show after the reset in your downloads page - don’t remember. But currently resetting the official C8 sale will get you beta build 132, or if you have “Purchased for Free” the C8.5 Pro beta, resetting that will get you build 172.

That should help more, eh? cool hmm

Please let me know if you need any more help.
Dartanbeck

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2013 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2006-08-19

nope not seeing it, I see Cararra 6 pro from ‘09 but not 8 pro

Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://rareth1966.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 19 February 2013 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Rareth - 19 February 2013 02:31 PM

nope not seeing it, I see Cararra 6 pro from ‘09 but not 8 pro

Resetting C6 might do it? Give it a shot. For a while there, they made Carrara 8.5 beta a free product in the store. They did that for just these reasons - making it easier for us to reset the beta alone. Glad I “bought” it.

Signature 

4 of 6