Digital Art Zone

1 of 6
Carrara 8 and Carrara 8.5, Where are the Serial Numbers Located? Read on
Posted: 18 September 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08

When you purchase Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro. You are given the Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro files along with the Carrare 8.5 Beta files. At the time of purchase you are given in your account a serial number for your purchase. This serial number is good for the Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro Software.  My Account > My Downloads (for the Software), My Account > My Serial Numbers (for the serial number for 8.0 version)

If you are working with the Carrara 8.5 Beta version you will need to use the serial number found here for the included 8.5 files. If you continue to have questions, contact customer support.

Posted: 21 September 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-16

hi can carrara 8.5 be used as a stand alone product? karl.

Posted: 21 September 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08
Kenokocomics - 21 September 2012 07:10 AM

hi can carrara 8.5 be used as a stand alone product? karl.

Yes, you are just dependent on the time stamped serial number till it’s released.

Posted: 28 September 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2007-08-29

I recently purchased a new CPU and re-downloaded my Carrara 8 Upgrade from 7 Express, however the serial number kept showing up invalid.  Now, I do have a ticket out, but the last three responses hadn’t been answered as of yet (one I just placed) so I wanted to see if anyone here would know.

I run the program as Admin, I was given a second code by the help desk to try and that was invalid as well.  However, the code I sent for the C8 Upgrade does not work because (I believe) every download of the C8 Upgrade I’ve done ends up with a Carrara 8.5 zip file.  I didn’t notice at first, but I was going through my downloads to delete the zips and saw Carrara_8.5.0.132_Win64 for the zip file.  The download on my account page simply showed Carrara 8 Upgrade from 7 Express. 

Could this be the issue why all of the serial keeps showing invalid?  I did not download the beta version, I made sure of it.  The available downloads listing separates them into Upgrade and Beta, and I didn’t purchase the Pro version so the serial shouldn’t be that.

Signature 

http://i.imgur.com/ubvCAVZ.png

Posted: 01 October 2012 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2010-11-16

sorry for posting it here.

But in the other threat it’s radio silence:

Do i have to pay now for the beta…it says $139.97??

(i own 8pro)

Wierd

Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 01 October 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8241
Joined  2009-05-14

nl2012 reset 8 Pro in your Account and you should get the 8.5 files for downloading so the answer is no you should NOT pay for any beta software.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 01 October 2012 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-16

thank you for your responses Szark

Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 01 October 2012 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8241
Joined  2009-05-14

My pleasure and I found a mistake in my post above. I excluded the word NOT by mistake, my bad. I have now edited to read properly. smile

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 01 October 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

HI DarwinsMishap smile

This seems like a common issue when you reset your “Purchased” Downloads, and there’s a “Beta” version available. 
BOTH sets of files are added to your available downloads,..but by default,. the download page only shows you THE FIRST 10 ITEMS.

you also get Mac and PC downloads, which adds top the confusion, but the files should be named as either 8,(production) or 8.5 (beta)

You’ll need to expand that list to see all the available files, then go through them to find the correct downloads for Carrara 8.1 (they will be there)  smile

It sounds like you’re installing the 8.5 (beta) instead of Carrara 8. and your serial number for the Purchased version , won’t work with the beta, and vice-versa,... ergo… invalid serial.

check that you’re downloading the right file for C8,. and that the Production version is installed to a completely different folder from the Beta version, if you choose to install that.

Hope it helps smile

Posted: 20 October 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-09-19

Is the Carrara 8.5 upgrade free? Or is it a Beta? I tried reseting and downloading what I thought was the Carrara 8 Pro version only to find out it’s the 8.5 which I have no serial for.

Posted: 20 October 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9327
Joined  2007-11-06
inspired_art - 20 October 2012 04:09 PM

Is the Carrara 8.5 upgrade free? Or is it a Beta? I tried reseting and downloading what I thought was the Carrara 8 Pro version only to find out it’s the 8.5 which I have no serial for.

When you reset C8Pro you get both C8Pro and the C8.5 beta.  Check if it’s on the next page of downloads—the default is only 10 files per page, set it to 50.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 20 October 2012 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2009
Joined  2011-07-31

I purchased C8Pro on the 19th in the wee hours of the morning.  I got a double download and no serial number (yes, I checked all 14 serial numbers).  I filed a support ticket on it last night and hopefully it will all be straightened out Monday.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

Hi

The Carrara 8.5 Beta, is an open testing version, it’s not an update for C8,. and it need to be installed into a New folder.

The 8.5 upgrade, (when it’s available) will be a paid for upgrade, ... no price information yet, but we’ve been told that it will be a Nominal fee.

The beta serial is available in the Beta thread at the top of the page here,. but it’s due to time out (Nov 1) so we’re all expecting a new serial number to extend the beta time, ..or a new beta version release, and a new serial number.

from the beta thread…

To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0000032-TVE-001-EBTOMAG   (Expires 01-NOV-2012 )

Hope it helps smile

Posted: 23 October 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2005-10-30

Ook lets try here,

I Ordered the upgrade to carrara 8 needed the pro version and their is no option for that in the store.

I sent in a help request, and have heard word back in 4 days, as anybody out there.

Another post here by admin say it’s the same upgrade, but my serial number doesn’t work.

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

HI Arotech smile

The serial number for C8 standard and C8 Pro are different,. that’s why your “standard” serial won’t activate “pro”.

If you’ve just bought C8 pro, then the serial number should be listed in your “My Account” / serial numbers, although…..

There have been some issues over the weekend with customers not getting the serial number automatically added to their accounts and some issues with Double files and Bonus content ,. ..which may answer the question of why you haven’t received a reply yet.

If you can give them a day or two,. (since Daz3D don’t work over the weekend)  to allow them to clear the backlog of support requests, I’m sure it’ll get resolved.

Hope it helps smile

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2005-10-30

Thanks 3Drage, I think I’m more miffed that they still haven’t fixed the store.

I knew they didn’t work weekends, but I now we’re nearing the end of the PC anv sale.

1 of 6