1913 - and growing.  cheese

Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5475
Joined  2006-02-20
Miss B - 18 September 2012 05:07 PM

2049, and as Cho said, that’s just here at DAZ.  The really “sad” part is, I have a running spreadsheet that totals all moneys spent, and that figure makes me cringe more than the total amount of products I have.  shut eye

gulp gulp gulp gulp gulp gulp
Why do you do that?!?!?!?!?

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 19 September 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2011-05-17

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I’ve only been at it for a few months, but I only have like… 10! I’m scared about what lies in store O_O

Posted: 19 September 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

I don’t have nearly as much as you guys, so either I’m not grabbing freebies fast enough or you guys are ballers wink I recently did a tally of all my daz purchases as well as rendo and RDNA and was floored at how much was been spent in the last year. Ever since then I’ve be very careful about my purchases because I noticed I still haven’t used a lot of the content I purchased. I’ve even declined to buy stuff during the PA sale that has been on my wishlist because I have a backlog of unused content and don’t want to add to it.

Maybe the PC sale will convince me to spend though, when stuff is ultra cheap it’s hard to resist.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 19 September 2012 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2006-09-27

I’m a little ashamed that my count is only 1212 and many of those are bundles.  My purchasing has slowed down a bit as money has become tighter and RL expenses higher, but I still spend more than I probably should.  And looking at the shinies from yesterday and today, I shall probably be buying something again.  grin and tomorrow is Thursday?  Oh my poor CC. LOL

Posted: 19 September 2012 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2734
Joined  2004-10-25
Kerya - 19 September 2012 07:27 AM
Miss B - 18 September 2012 05:07 PM

2049, and as Cho said, that’s just here at DAZ.  The really “sad” part is, I have a running spreadsheet that totals all moneys spent, and that figure makes me cringe more than the total amount of products I have.  shut eye

Why do you do that?!?!?!?!?

Because I’m a glutton for punishment? Because I was a masochist in an earlier life?  I don’t know, pick one.  ~shrugs~

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 19 September 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2011-05-17

Oh, if we’re counting freebies, I have… a lot lol. But mostly from sharecg and japanese websites

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  243
Joined  2005-04-28

You’ll all notice I carefully didn’t add up all the MONEY I spent on Daz3D products..  *snicker*  I REALLY don’t want to look at that.  It is interesting to see that I’m in the middle of the road here when it comes to purchases.

Boojum the brown bunny

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2006-05-09
Paradigm67 - 19 September 2012 07:33 AM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I’ve only been at it for a few months, but I only have like… 10! I’m scared about what lies in store O_O

RUN while you still can!!!

LOL

Though how many after seeing the 1000’s of items are looking at how much they have rendered and are not happy with themselves LOL

Signature 

Carrara Cafe

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
-_Milo_- - 19 September 2012 12:13 PM

LOL

Though how many after seeing the 1000’s of items are looking at how much they have rendered and are not happy with themselves LOL

Are you saying what I was saying? Which is that people are buying way faster than they are rendering to a point it is impossible to catch up!

Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-09
larsmidnatt - 19 September 2012 12:25 PM
-_Milo_- - 19 September 2012 12:13 PM

LOL

Are you saying what I was saying? Which is that people are buying way faster than they are rendering to a point it is impossible to catch up!

Yes your post hit it on the head exactly!

Signature 

Carrara Cafe

Posted: 19 September 2012 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
-_Milo_- - 19 September 2012 12:57 PM

Yes your post hit it on the head exactly!

Ok, I thought we were speaking the same language. Good to know I caught on sooner than later. I’ve got some other digital hobbies from a former life and I still haven’t touched the surface of using all the content I bought. I keep swearing one day I’ll get around to using that stuff one day (animations for games, music samples, sound effects etc)

Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  297
Joined  2004-11-12

A few years ago, I realized that I was getting stuff that I would look at the promos, and say “that;s nice, I could use that in a render someday”. But, I rarely used those items. Now when I look at something I think about it, and If I have a good Idea on how I will use it in a render (i.e. the item makes me want to make the render in my minds eye), then I will probably get it. Though there have been some items that I didn’t get while on sale, that I really needed later and paid “full” price for.

I definitely haven’t bought much since the new web site went live for several reasons. At first I just didn’t enjoy using the new web site at all, but it’s better now (though I still don’t like the forum color scheme - it will give me a headache rather quickly). With the change in how the PC vouchers worked, I was much less tempted to use them (and actually didn’t use a couple of them), since I usually got PA items with them. Then, thanks to some of the mess with the new store, my PC membership lapsed when they (or actually the auto-renew) tried to use an expired credit card, and I haven’t felt like spending an extra $30 to renew yet (DAZ did offer to let me renew my membership by purchasing a new membership then getting a refund for the extra $30 - unfortunately I was out of town without good internet service for a few weeks, and by the time I got back I felt like it had been too long to take them up on their offer). And finally, I used to get the occasional voucher for a gallery submission, which typically increased my purchases beyond the value of the voucher. But without the galleries, I don’t have as much incentive to buy, both because there is less incentive to make a new render for a chance at a voucher, and because I often saw something that I “had” to have while going through the galleries.

I’m not really complaining, I just realized that several issues with the new site have really affected my purchases here. I’m sure it’s just a temporary thing, and will probably change once I have the incentive to renew my PC membership. Maybe with the annual PC sale (next month??) I’ll renew, and spend a bit more, but I’m kind of saving up for when Carrara 8.5 is released.

Signature 

My Rendo Gallery

Posted: 19 September 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-09

That sums it for me as well Dustrider.

I just looked and I have about 25 gigs of daz of items not installed yet.  10 gigs of other purchased items, 20 gigs of freebies I haven’t installed yet.  With the smart content now and already having years of stuff installed and manually moved to make finding something that made sense everything is at a painful crossroads.

Signature 

Carrara Cafe

3 of 5