2 of 3
DS Advanced Price?
Posted: 18 September 2012 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2366
Joined  2003-12-06
franontheedge - 18 September 2012 04:46 PM

An even newer version - shouldn’t I just download that instead then?

Note that the new version is still a beta — meaning it isn’t yet the final release version, the programmers are still playing whack-a-mole with the bugs, and some extra features might still be added. Don’t get this yet unless you really know what you’re doing.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
SpottedKitty - 18 September 2012 04:59 PM

Note that the new version is still a beta — meaning it isn’t yet the final release version, the programmers are still playing whack-a-mole with the bugs, and some extra features might still be added. Don’t get this yet unless you really know what you’re doing.

Or if you like living on the bleeding edge…or are just a masochist.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-01-29
JimmyC_2009 - 18 September 2012 04:40 PM

There is a newer version of DS 4.5 out today, I downloaded and installed it, it solves some problems with UberArea lights and also the render Settings among other things.  I don’t know how you got 4.5.0.114, but the latest one is a Beta right enough.

What you need to install is the DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win64.exe, that is the main installer.  Then install the Genesis Starter Essentials.

Unless you have ZBrush, you don;t need the GoZ plugin, the DS 3DBridge one is for Photoshop, and if you haven’t bought decimator, don’t install it either.

Animate 2 is for animation as you would guess, and uses aniblocks.  Decimator is really for gamers to reduce the poly count of DAZ models.  Both can be bought in the store here.

So is the Bridge for Photoshop no use without ‘Decimator’ then?  Even if you do have PhotoShop? (I do)

So is the part of DAZ Studio that allows you to do rigging in the already downloaded DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win64.exe then?

I think JimmyC meant that if you did not buy Decimator, you should not install the Decimator file. Bridge for Photoshop does not need Decimator. You would need Decimator if you want to produce a game, it is used to reduce DAZ models to lower poly count. And rigging should be included in DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win64.exe.

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2004-11-11

So why is DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 in the downloads?  Do I just ignore that?

Signature 

FranOnTheEdge

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1773
Joined  2005-12-31

In case for some reason you have to back step. For example I needed to go back and redo some product files and since they were originally done in 4.0 I back stepped (for cohesion) to do the clean up. Once I finish I’ll move back to 4.5 again.

Posted: 18 September 2012 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-11
Khory - 18 September 2012 05:51 PM

In case for some reason you have to back step. For example I needed to go back and redo some product files and since they were originally done in 4.0 I back stepped (for cohesion) to do the clean up. Once I finish I’ll move back to 4.5 again.

Oh right, so as the version of Daz4 I have installed right now is 4.0.0.343 - I can safely ignore 4.0.3.47 - good.

Signature 

FranOnTheEdge

Posted: 18 September 2012 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-11

OH HECK!

Help!!!

I’m in the middle of installing and I’ve got this happening:
If I click on ‘cancel’ because I don’t want to change anything - then it says - “do you want to abort installation?” - well, no, of course I don’t want to abort - I’m just halfway through, so I click ‘No’ but then I’m back where I started.
But if I click on ‘Next’ (2) I’m offered this other screen, with a warning about database deletion - so I don’t change anything but click on ‘next’ and—- well basically it’s just sending me round in circles - HELP!???

I don’t want to change anything, I don’t want to abort the installation, I don’t want to delete anything - what the heck do I do?????

Image Attachments
InstallationProblem1.jpg
 Signature 

FranOnTheEdge

Posted: 18 September 2012 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

I think it just cancels the CMS install…not the whole thing.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 18 September 2012 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-11

So I say ‘yes’ to ‘abort installation process’?

Feels like a bit of a runaround… sigh.

Signature 

FranOnTheEdge

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

Yeah

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-11

Okay, well I’ve installed everything, and it’s failed somehow - all I have is Daz Studio 4 Standard when I click on the desktop icon.  Not 4.5 and not Pro.
What’s going on?

Signature 

FranOnTheEdge

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2839
Joined  2004-04-14

Where did you install 4.5 to?

Where was the previous DS4 installed to?

If you right click on the short cut and choose properties, where is it looking for the DS4 exe file?

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-11

It’s alright, I was just giving up and going to bed - it being after half past 3 in the morning, and as soon as I closed FireFox, POP!  the DAZ Studio4.5 icon appeared, ( it wasn’t there when I just minimised FireFox, only on actually closing it) plus an icon I know nothing about and didn’t ask for - which is suspicious.
This new icon says “Get 3d Models” and the name on it is ‘TORE’
What is all that about?

I don’t like it when programs install extra unasked for icons on my desktop, there are too many there already.

What is this ‘TORE’?

Signature 

FranOnTheEdge

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2012-09-08

Iv’e got TORE too on my desktop before….because i installed daz 4.5 on another old version….it doesn’t say pro version in the menu,well it’s hard to say this but….....i solved that problem only with formating my windows….there is a lot of icons on your desktop right?i tried to remove them from their source,don’t look for them in program files because you won’t find them there,try to see in windows folder but search as deep as you can…i didn’t finf them anyway,and i got my windows formated not just because of them,i changed it from xp pro to 7 pro,i hope you get things right mate.

Posted: 18 September 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

That should say “Store” and it’s a new ‘feature’...a desktop link directly to the DAZ store…and unfortunately, if you delete it, it comes back with every install you do.  The only way NOT to get it is run the installer manually in console mode…and even then I’m not sure if all the installers obey the commands.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

2 of 3