Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7483
Joined  2004-07-21
AtticAnne - 19 September 2012 08:50 PM
Miss Bad Wolf - 19 September 2012 06:41 PM
AtticAnne - 19 September 2012 06:31 PM
Miss Bad Wolf - 19 September 2012 01:16 PM

I am afraid I am loosing my hearing.  It is hard to hear things at work but is that because my hearing is going away or they play that music in the backroom so darn loud.

I could hear my mum okay on the phone so maybe it was the music is too loud at work and is hard to hear over it.  Why is there music being played in the backroom of the store?  music is for the customers I thought.  There are no customers in the backroom.

Next year the store I work at is going to be remodeled as in rebuilt and redone.  The GM said that I will be working at a different store during that period so I do not have to worry.

It is probably the backroom music then, not your ears.

That is what I am thinking also.  i do not know why they have that music on so loud. 

I thought i lost a library book but it fell off the night stand and was behind it.  The book is Dead Until Dark, a mystery novel with a bite.  True Blood is based on that series.  I wonder I can see the 2012 season of True Blood.  I also want to catch up on Dexter.  i did not see the 2011 season of Dexter and there probably is a 2012 season of it I have not seen.  Maybe I can catch up on that when I get Netflix, but that will not be for a while.

I made another trip to Half-price Books this afternoon and came home with a Eudora Welty and 4 more of the Stephanie Plum series.  I love to read.

I think I saw a used book store near where I live.  Maybe when I have money I can check it out.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 20 September 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7483
Joined  2004-07-21

Got a roommate today.  I barely met her so I do not know much about her.  I forgot her name, but then I tend to forget people’s names.  I hope she does not want to use my computer.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4863
Joined  2009-02-26

OMG! BIG COMPLAINT! Daz is running ridiculously slow… And I haven’t even loaded the trees and plants! It takes me an average 10-15 mins to change from posing tab to rendering tab!!

Question for anyone that knows: Is there a way to allocate more memory to daz to make it work like a program on a windows 7 computer and not a mind boggling lagging s**t old Windows98? I CANT WORK LIKE THIS GRRRRR lol

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4753
Joined  2011-10-04

...I use Cacheman for that. wink

Signature 

Thanking: M F M for a gift of dragons!
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

what’s cacheman? Sorry but I not sure what you’re talking about. raspberry

my rendering is at a halt until I can find a solution… I assume it shouldn’t be this bad.

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10008
Joined  2005-10-07

Daz store is taking forever to load.  i shouldn’t even look after what i spent yesterday.  ouch LOL

nuthin for lunch today.  hopes the lunch truck has something yummy yet nutritional.

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   °
DSP4.6.2.118 Valentina Luxus ManualD/L C85P PP12 W3d99.5

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Spyro - 20 September 2012 10:48 AM

what’s cacheman? Sorry but I not sure what you’re talking about. raspberry

my rendering is at a halt until I can find a solution… I assume it shouldn’t be this bad.

This. It is not a hoax—it has made my computing better since 2003. Bought a forever license this year. You can allocate resources better with it, and let it do cache/memory management instead of Windows’ native. They got a trial version if you want to try it.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Is it effective? I’m looking at it now… Daz seems to be my only issue with slow lagging problems.

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Also, when your on daz, what profile do you usually use? ‘Best of all worlds’?

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Effective? Hell yes. Made my life smooth while using Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Spyro - 20 September 2012 10:59 AM

Also, when your on daz, what profile do you usually use? ‘Best of all worlds’?

Sadly, custom, since I can tweak the settings as much as I wanna, on account of having paid version. wink But you can test and tweak what’s the best for you.

Go to Memory Management tab while DAZ Studio is running, and see if assigning it better priority gives you better results and let Cacheman do memory management. You will also want to tweak Dynamic Priority values. In “Sticky priority” tab, give “Above Normal” to DAZ Studio.

There are tons and tons of little things you can tweak to make life better. Such as running Taskbar as a separate process. wink

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 20 September 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Wow, according to cacheman, windows by default runs daz at low priority

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Oh what would I do without you Skiriki! Thanks for the help cheese The basic free profile of cacheman definitely improves things, still slow, but faster than it was! I guess this highlights the fact that pretty soon I should upgrade my computer… Just need to learn the ideal specs for 3d software.

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Now there, those aren’t all the tricks in my pocket to speed up stuff. wink I truly recommend to slip some moolah into getting a bought version of it—it REALLY makes things go smooth. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 20 September 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I may be considering it, assumeing that the bought version is much better! Though, I do think I need to get an upgrade computer at some stage in the future. Sorry my reply was so long, I’m rendering a low-res of the jungle trees. As expected it remains rather tolling on my pc’s ram lol I’ll have to learn the resaonable specs for a dencent 3d rendering computer.

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  132
Joined  2006-10-08
JasmineSkunk - 18 September 2012 11:27 PM
bwaomega - 18 September 2012 04:17 PM
JasmineSkunk - 18 September 2012 12:06 PM
Ivy - 18 September 2012 11:22 AM

why was this thread spilled over?
Does daz forums have a 100 page maximum and then it automatically creates a new spill over thread?

why is it we have not seen any explanation for why it happened into begin with?
or is this just all a dream and so when i wake up it will be some different completely new thread?

School is starting to wear on me…me thinks

Daz forums are so confusing sometimes! smile

LOL… OK, I will try to answer…. the “Complaint Thread” has been around longer than me. I don’t even know how it got started!! LOL But I can tell you that it is one of the “running threads”, meaning that it continues on and on and on…

Because of this, when the thread hits 100 pages, one of the mods ( usually Richard, I think) will start it anew with a link to the previous one. We used to vote on the thread title just before it was due to end and then guess who would get the start page and stuff… don’t know how things are evolving since the switch… I’ve found myself ...kinda trying to get aclimated to the new forum a bit like one does at the beach when the water is really cold…lol…. I’m up to mid-thigh now I think…lol

Complaint Thread history lesson:
Once upon a time at DAZ there was a man named kmwill, who thought one possible response to the deluge of complaints flooding the Forums was to make a post (entitled The Complaint Thread) in which he complained about all of the complaining in a satirical fashion. A number of other people, including a few from his (now defunct) self-created Fan Club thread, found the post amusing, and started posting to the thread. It then morphed (much like the Fan Club had previously) into the sort of community blog and general discussion thread that it is today. Most of those original posters have since moved on for one reason or another. I think Richard and I are among the most senior posters left, though I don’t remember exactly when Vilian wandered over from the Fan Club.

Heyyyy…it’s kinda cool to hear of the “Beginning” LOL Awww… now I wish I had known kmwill…. does he know what he started? lol Thanks for sharing!!

...and HOW ARE YOU!!??? Good to see you! smile

He did look back in here a few incarnations before the Forum switchover, remarking that he was surprised the thread was still around. But given what he had started with the kmwill fan club, I don’t know why he was surprised. As for how I am, employed (for the moment, it’s seasonal/temp work for H & R Block, and they haven’t given me an offer for next tax season yet), and doing all right with my meds, so things look pretty good.

14 of 100