Digital Art Zone

Getting to know Genesis
Posted: 17 September 2012 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2010-01-27

I like how Genesis clothes change to match the character. I like how non Genesis clothes get fit to the character.

Stole a few minutes away from other projects to play a bit.  I’m supposed to be making an electronic gizmo for Larry. I found the Trotwood character preset that I’d saved with DS 4 on somebody’s suggestion, so I tried applying it to a genesis. He got a little of Trot’s pose, but not at all his physique. Here’s the two of them together, K4 Trotwood on your left, Genesis on your right. Genesis is wearing the “Genesis Jeans” from the freebie forum. I found them in the freebie render contest for August, I think. I downloaded a bunch of freebies last week, but haven’t had a chance to play with them.

I thought I read somewhere that you could apply K4 skins to Genesis. Tried it, but he seemed to be breaking out of his skin. Might work for a horror shot. Didn’t know he was a reptile.

DS 4.5 seems to handle the K4 Trotwood character better than 4.0 did. At least he can wear his overalls now.

Image Attachments
K4AndGenesisB.jpg
 Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates
http://www.improbable.me
Using DS 4.5.0.114 Pro 64 bit poorly.

(Formerly Halfbubble)

Posted: 17 September 2012 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Torby - 17 September 2012 08:23 PM

I like how Genesis clothes change to match the character. I like how non Genesis clothes get fit to the character.

Stole a few minutes away from other projects to play a bit.  I’m supposed to be making an electronic gizmo for Larry. I found the Trotwood character preset that I’d saved with DS 4 on somebody’s suggestion, so I tried applying it to a genesis. He got a little of Trot’s pose, but not at all his physique. Here’s the two of them together, K4 Trotwood on your left, Genesis on your right. Genesis is wearing the “Genesis Jeans” from the freebie forum. I found them in the freebie render contest for August, I think. I downloaded a bunch of freebies last week, but haven’t had a chance to play with them.

I thought I read somewhere that you could apply K4 skins to Genesis. Tried it, but he seemed to be breaking out of his skin. Might work for a horror shot. Didn’t know he was a reptile.

DS 4.5 seems to handle the K4 Trotwood character better than 4.0 did. At least he can wear his overalls now.

To use the K4 textures, you need to set the UV Set to K4 in the Surfaces Tab.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 18 September 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-27

Oh. I see. You set the uv to the person the skin was made for.

Well, I thought I saw red face

Image Attachments
Oops_K4.jpg
 Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates

(Formerly Halfbubble)

Posted: 18 September 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

You need the Select the Base of the figure (ALL of it) not just the Parts. Then Apply the texture and the UV set for the Texture.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 18 September 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  775
Joined  2011-05-17

Yuck. I always find the child morphs so freakin’ creepy!

Posted: 19 September 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-27

Was going to reply last night, but my internet flaked out.

Creepy: Especially with no hair and in that attire ohh

I thought I had selected the whole genesis, but on trying it again, it seems to work better. At least as long as he has a shirt on.

Signature 

—————————-

(Formerly Halfbubble)