6 of 12
DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta Release Now Available
Posted: 22 September 2012 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2578
Joined  2012-02-04
Eric van Straaten - 21 September 2012 08:59 PM

When I reset Daz Studio Pro in my itemized order history, at my downloadable products I can download 114 again, and not the new 137

If you ever used one of the 4.5 Release Candidate versions that came out before the released 4.5 Pro, you can reset that. Otherwise, you need to “buy” the 4.5 Pro Beta in the store for $0. Resetting the 4.5 Pro only got the same old 114 for me, too.

The info is in the message from DAZ_bfurner, but I didn’t understand the significance of it on first reading. Here is what was said:

How do I get DAZ Studio 4.5.0.137?
If you have previously purchased DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro Beta or Release Candidate you will be able to reset that product in your downloads list Itemized Order History for these products to acquire the latest version.  If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio 4 Pro Beta, simply follow the link below to add this to your cart:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-pro-beta

Signature 

New member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 22 September 2012 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2012-02-23

I believe I’m having some issues with DS 4.5.x (114?) downloaded in mid-August and running under Vista 64-bit. Does this image of Genesis look familiar to anyone? I get more or less the same thing with other, .CR2 figures and props. Another bad sign: Poser Debut doesn’t work either… PD worked ok for about an hour and then ceased working. <grimace>

Again I’m running Windows Vista 64-bit on this machine. Other machines have separate issues but one XP box sort of works - I get pretty good renders out of Dreamlight stuff and Poser Debut sort of works too, under XP.

Image Attachments
genesis-looks-funny.jpg

Posted: 22 September 2012 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1424
Joined  2009-09-11
Roman_K2 - 22 September 2012 09:53 PM

I believe I’m having some issues with DS 4.5.x (114?) downloaded in mid-August and running under Vista 64-bit. Does this image of Genesis look familiar to anyone? I get more or less the same thing with other, .CR2 figures and props. Another bad sign: Poser Debut doesn’t work either… PD worked ok for about an hour and then ceased working. <grimace>

Again I’m running Windows Vista 64-bit on this machine. Other machines have separate issues but one XP box sort of works - I get pretty good renders out of Dreamlight stuff and Poser Debut sort of works too, under XP.

I had a similar incident with the .37 beta yesterday with the Rendo genesis extreme pumps upon merging a character to a scene the shoes looked blocky like that but then it was a second pair of shoes all I had to do is delete the blocky shoes…

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 23 September 2012 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

It is familiar , me too.

and in this case, it is different from exprosion genesis figure and clothings,
if I saved the sceane again and again , they will not correct.

so when you load the scene, did not you get any erroer message about loading items?
or you changed morph path before you saved?

the bad thing about duf   they s can not load which you before saved
but change it.

about .daz. scene, I can get buck if I change and lost some handmade items,or morphs.
so I can rely on them.

but in ds 4.5 duf they can not load them.

Image Attachments
licquid.JPGdazlicquid.JPG

Posted: 23 September 2012 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1312
Joined  2009-01-09

I’m reorganizing some of my lesser used figures into their own directory, and things have suddenly gone very strange.

So this is probably a stupid basic question, but when you add a Runtime directory to the Poser Format Content section, does Studio then immediately need to scan that for content? I put the those figures in their own Runtime, started Studio, added the new Runtime through preferences and Studio essentially froze. After about 15 minutes, I killed the process and started Studio again. Now I have something called “My DAZ Library” in the Studio format, Poser format and Other format sections.

I decided to try doing things a slightly different way, right clicked on a runtime that held only one character, selected delete ... and it deleted my main Poser format runtime from studio, the one where Studio itself puts all its stuff. The files themselves weren’t gone, of course, just the reference, but ... what on earth is this program DOING? (Adding my entire Poser runtime back took about five minutes, so I’m guessing that no, it’s not scanning directories at that time.)

I went back through Preferences to try to remove those directories, and it looks like it’s going to take ages, so ... we’ll see.

(I’m also noticing that when Studio sneezes, my entire system gets a cold. Which is to say, when Studio is working on something, every other program that might be running starts glitching. This wasn’t the case with 4.0, except during renders, which I would expect.)

EDIT: Took roughly 15 minutes to do everything.

EDIT 2: Also noticing that it takes 4.5 beta FOREVER to parse directories. 4.0 used to take maybe 30 seconds or so to parse my figures directory, 4.5 takes much much much longer.

EDIT 3: And now it’s refusing to open any existing files. Gives a message saying it can’t find one or more files, then the log lists practically everything in the scene. Restarting didn’t help, rebooting didn’t help, so I’m going to try reinstalling the beta. (... OK, turns out when you change the base directory structure inside Studio, even though the file never goes anywhere, Studio can’t find anything until you tell it where the directories are again. And you have to tell it in exactly the same way that you did before or it gets very very confused. Which I more or less understand.)

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 23 September 2012 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6458
Joined  2006-02-20

Is this rendered or is it a screenshot of the preview window?
If it is rendered, I don’t know how to fix it.
If it is the preview it looks like Bounding Box is selected:
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazstudio/reference/prefsif

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 23 September 2012 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8241
Joined  2009-05-14

For anyone with this problem just go to your “Tool Settings” and adjust the “Draw Style” See image below

Image Attachments
DrawStyleS.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 23 September 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1802
Joined  2008-05-31

What on earth is there in this Genesis Starter Essentials file? It’s over 400 MB.

EDIT: Never mind, installed it and got the answer from the README.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 23 September 2012 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2003-10-09
vwrangler - 23 September 2012 01:36 AM

EDIT 2: Also noticing that it takes 4.5 beta FOREVER to parse directories. 4.0 used to take maybe 30 seconds or so to parse my figures directory, 4.5 takes much much much longer.

EDIT 3: And now it’s refusing to open any existing files. Gives a message saying it can’t find one or more files, then the log lists practically everything in the scene. Restarting didn’t help, rebooting didn’t help, so I’m going to try reinstalling the beta. (... OK, turns out when you change the base directory structure inside Studio, even though the file never goes anywhere, Studio can’t find anything until you tell it where the directories are again. And you have to tell it in exactly the same way that you did before or it gets very very confused. Which I more or less understand.)

I’ve noticed the same thing for EDIT 2 & 3.  The content Libs seem less responsive.  Even when you tell DS where to look it still cannot find the item, even though the content directories are set up correctly.

I am having one other issue:  For previous DS version saved scenes, all textures load, but some of them do not display in the view pane.  I can see the textures are correctly installed in the surface tab, but they are not displayed.  The textures are displayed if the same scene is opened with DS 3 or 2..

Posted: 24 September 2012 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1312
Joined  2009-01-09
chorse - 23 September 2012 08:25 PM

I’ve noticed the same thing for EDIT 2 & 3.  The content Libs seem less responsive.  Even when you tell DS where to look it still cannot find the item, even though the content directories are set up correctly.

I am having one other issue:  For previous DS version saved scenes, all textures load, but some of them do not display in the view pane.  I can see the textures are correctly installed in the surface tab, but they are not displayed.  The textures are displayed if the same scene is opened with DS 3 or 2..

Those two issues may or may not be related. I borked my content directory paths—deliberately deleting a couple, and then Studio decided that it was going to help out and delete content directory paths for me, even when I hadn’t asked it to touch those directories—and one thing I’ve discovered in restoring the references is that just because YOU don’t use a particular directory path doesn’t mean that Studio doesn’t need it to be there for some reason.

In other world news, Studio 4.5 beta seems to have defaulted to saving all of my character presets as Actor at this point. Which, again, is more or less fine, if completely baffling. In some cases, I think it might be related to Skin Binding being active in the original figure; in others ... no clue.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 24 September 2012 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2005-08-25
acanthis - 18 September 2012 12:27 AM

ANOTHER Beta? So soon after the Release Candidate fiasco?

For God’s sake ... when will you people learn?  The aim is stability, not endless updates!

As an aside, how many of the recently re-compiled addons are invalidated by this release?

this version is only for download to all people that would like to help Beta-testing.
don’t download this if you can’t help in beta testing and just stay with the RC version untill
new betatesting is over till another RC release.

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 24 September 2012 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-20

In 2011 I purchased the pw shader bundle. But this bundle does not work with DAZ 4.5 and not with 4.5.0.137.  The renders only show up in black. When will this problem be fixed? I use those shaders quite often and was forced to install 4.0.3 for these shaders.

Posted: 24 September 2012 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6458
Joined  2006-02-20
Thorrhovan - 24 September 2012 05:51 AM

In 2011 I purchased the pw shader bundle. But this bundle does not work with DAZ 4.5 and not with 4.5.0.137.  The renders only show up in black. When will this problem be fixed? I use those shaders quite often and was forced to install 4.0.3 for these shaders.

Ehm ... did you reset your downloads? They are all updated:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/5976/

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 24 September 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2004-05-24
Kerya - 24 September 2012 05:56 AM
Thorrhovan - 24 September 2012 05:51 AM

Ehm ... did you reset your downloads? They are all updated:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/5976/

I’m having similar issues with Pwtoon, and I did reset my downloads, twice.
Currently have a help ticket open on the issue.

Posted: 25 September 2012 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-20

Thanks for mentioning to reset the bundle. Now it works fine in 4.5 as well

6 of 12