DAZ Studio Pro 220.127.116.11 Beta Release Now Available
DAZ Studio Pro Beta 18.104.22.168 READY FOR YOU TO DOWNLOAD!
A new version of DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro is being made available for beta testing due to a small number of fixes that will resolve some fairly significant issues for our customers and Published Artists alike. Normally DAZ would not release another version so close on the heels of a major point release. But in this case, some major issues were resolved that DAZ customers needed to have as soon as possible.
One of the biggest issues was the update to the 3Delight rendering engine which had impacted area lights in the 22.214.171.124 build. That problem has been fixed and can be beta tested in this build.
In addition,changes have been made to how some animation data is saved.
Several crash bugs were fixed improving stability and reliability.
Useability was improved by adding a side-by-side view mode for the Content Library pane.
Numerous other bugs were fixed and a full list of changes to this build can be reviewed via the Change Log
This version is available to all customers and will run either with or without a serial number - (You will be asked to enter a serial number each time you launch the application until you do so. You may also use your current DAZ Studio 4.x serial number.
Installing DAZ Studio 126.96.36.199 will uninstall any previous installations of DAZ Studio 4.x, and we recommend running only one version of DAZ Studio 4.x on the same machine.
The default content should be updated as well. Running the installer for the content will uninstall the previous version, and replace it with the new content. Having a separate install for content will make the download size smaller and quicker to obtain.
How do I get DAZ Studio 188.8.131.52?
If you have previously purchased DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro Beta or Release Candidate you will be able to reset that product in your downloads list Itemized Order History for these products to acquire the latest version. If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio 4 Pro Beta, simply follow the link below to add this to your cart:
DAZ Studio Pro Beta 184.108.40.206
What are the New Features in DAZ Studio 4.5? (Build 220.127.116.11 )
1. Separate Software and Content installers, for quicker and easier installs.
2. Selectively save parts of a scene - Save only those items in the scene that you choose, rather than having to remove items from the scene before saving. Then, easily drop that scene subset into another scene using lightweight DSON format files.
3. FBX Import - FBX files can now be round-tripped through DAZ Studio, including rigged and animated items in the scene.
4. New "Ready to Render" scenes - New scenes that are "Ready to Render" have been added as part of the content that is available for DAZ Studio 4.5. Loading these scenes is a great way to start tweaking and playing with some cool scenes.
5. Geometry Shells - This new feature helps blend the textures, shaders and geometry of Geo-Grafted parts to the figure. This will provide a much cleaner feel to grafted geometry. It also allows the capability to work like instances of the original shell.
6. Instancing - Instance items in your scene to copy and scale the original item multiple times saving memory and video resources.
7. Group Node - Similar to layers in paint programs, you can group objects in a scene like a 3D layer.
What other capabilities are in DAZ Studio 4.5?
1. Full implementation of the DSON file format specification - This enables saving scenes in a lightweight format that can be loaded and used by anyone who has installed the products used in the scene. If one or more of the assets used in the scene are not found while the scene is loading, a simple preview is inserted into the scene in its place and a dialog is displayed indicating which files are needed to load the scene in its entirety.
2. View port speed dramatically increased - For many interactions, view port speed will be 2-5 times faster than DAZ Studio 4.0.
3. Load and use most Poser format files as if they were native DSON files - Scenes that are constructed using items loaded from Poser format files and then saved to the DSON format, are also sharable; they maintain references to the required Poser files, rather than the contents of those files.
4. Consolidated viewing/editing of Property Settings - The Property Settings dialog now consolidates more editable information about each property into a single interface; e.g. Presentation Editor, Controllers, Sub-Components, Keys, etc.
5. "Darkside" style is now included - You no longer need to download and install this style separately, it is included as part of the standard installation.
6. Shader Mixer improvements - Shader Mixer has significantly improved workflow and documentation.
Along with many new features in DAZ Studio 4.5, you will also find new documentation on some of the deeper functionality in DAZ Studio on the Documentation Center in the Publishing and DAZ Studio sections.
What should I know about this build?
1. Many, many issues and workflow improvements have been addressed since we released 18.104.22.168. Too many to list here. Please see the DAZ Studio 4.5 Change Log and the DAZ Issue Tracker for more detail.
2. Files saved from this version of DAZ Studio are NOT backward compatible with older versions, including version 4.0.x.
3. Plugins that run in version 4.0.x will not run in version 4.5 without being updated by their respective developers. Many of the plugins developed by DAZ 3D are included in the download(s), but may still require a serial number to unlock.
4. Not all features of FBX are supported on import, so characters from other 3D applications imported in FBX format may or may not come through with all their components.
5. All newly saved presets are recorded in the lightweight DUF format and script based presets (DSA/DSB/DSE files) have been phased out. Many of the script based save presets can still be saved and will load, but the new preset format should be used in their place.
6. The phased out ".DAZ" scene format can still be read, but the option to save to this format has been removed.
7. Support for Poser format content that makes use of Propagating Scale and/or Dependent Parameters (valueOpKey) has been updated. This can cause the behavior of items that use these features to change.
8. The 3Delight render engine included with DAZ Studio 4.5 has been updated to version (10.0.50). This may cause some compiled third party shaders to require an update. Shaders that were compiled using the tools provided in DAZ Studio 4 should already be compatible with both DAZ Studio 4 and 4.5. These shaders should automatically recompile at render-time, but will warn that the shader should be recompiled to improve performance. Shaders built using Shader Mixer are not subject to the change and should continue to function without an update.
9. We suggest that in order to use the PW Shaders you reset your downloads to get the latest version to run with DAZ Studio 4.5.
10. Both DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro AND DAZ Studio 4 Pro files are included in the download you get from the product page in the store. If you got the installer from the DAZ Studio Landing Page the DS4 Pro files ARE NOT included.
What about DAZ Studio 4.5 compatible add-ons?
Updated information from the Mac Community on OSX 10.8 Installs!:
Right-click on the installer and choose "Open...", this will trigger the "run
once accept always" mechanism in 10.8, and this also allows all installers
to be run once you've done this one for the DS installer.
This is the Apple recommended way and it works. Recommending to turn off
security is not the proper way to do it.