3 of 12
DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta Release Now Available
Posted: 18 September 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1002
Joined  2007-10-17
Cliff Bowman - 18 September 2012 07:10 AM
Richard Haseltine - 18 September 2012 06:34 AM

Plugins and shaders should still work - if they were working in 4.5.0.114, of course.

The first page gives a link to plugins that are compatible as:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/plugins-utilities?compat_software=99

But this doesn’t include any of the PoseWorks shaders (the ones now sold as “DAZ Originals”)... have they not been updated for 4.5 yet?

Cheers,

Cliff

The Poseworks Shaders are not Plug-ins, which is why they aren’t listed with the plug-ins.  They were updated for 4.5 and work just fine. smile

Posted: 18 September 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2004-03-03

Following my report of crashes when the DAZ Studio 4.5.0.137 installer uninstalled the previous 4.5, and then itself, and the similar crashes when the dynamic clothing control installer uninstalled its previous version, plus the noted problems on installation of the CMS, I’d just like to add that this is not some generic problem I have with all DAZ installers running uninstallers. The Genesis Starter Content 1.4 installer, for instance, uninstalled the prior version and finished its install without any problems, errors or complaints.

This leaves me concerned about the unknown reasons for and possible consequences following the errors and crashes during my installation of DAZ Studio 4.5.0.137 yesterday.

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  757
Joined  2012-02-12

One question if anyone has the answer. I didn’t update Genesis content because I didn’t see anywhere a post about changes in the package. However the version number is now 1.4. Is there anything new there?

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2003-10-09
Kendall Sears - 18 September 2012 08:11 AM

From your comments I can surmise that you are looking for a reason to “down” 4.5… guess what, it works VERY well with fewer hiccups than some other software that I can name that I have had to pay for.

No I am not looking for a reason to “down” 4.5, whatever that means, but I am giving a reason why the DAZ methodology for software development causes so many problems for both end users and plugin developers alike.

The danger with surmising things, as you have just done, is that you make an incorrect supposition. Why not spend some time looking at the voluminous Change Log for 4.5.xxx, cross reference it to the actual releases, then try doing some more “surmising” about how well DAZ have managed the release of version 4.5.

Anyway, at least it’s free, so that makes everything all right. wink

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03

There is a line in the DS 4.5.1 changelog about new metadata standards and all metadata needing updating:

Updated default Content Types and Categories based on new standards provided by the metadata team and approved by marketing - Content metadata will need to be updated

So this may be that. Then again it could be something else. It would be nice if DAZ told us and updated the Genesis Starter Essentials ReadMe page with details of the change before release and as a matter of course.

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08
Takeo.Kensei - 18 September 2012 11:01 AM

One question if anyone has the answer. I didn’t update Genesis content because I didn’t see anywhere a post about changes in the package. However the version number is now 1.4. Is there anything new there?

Yes, there were some changes in the content that will need to be updated for this build. Use the new Genesis Starter Essentials content and install it.

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  816
Joined  2007-01-08

I didn’t get a crash but I did get an install error on the (customised) CMS install, and then a notice about: “the service couldn’t be started”. Win 32 bits.

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03
DAZ_bfurner - 18 September 2012 11:12 AM

Yes, there were some changes in the content that will need to be updated for this build. Use the new Genesis Starter Essentials content and install it.

Will the 1.4 content work in the public 4.5, if someone has to revert from the beta, or for people who don’t want to try the beta but are trying to keep up to date on all the massive number of content updates?

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16
scorpio64dragon - 18 September 2012 01:28 AM

I don’t think my problem is with this build’s installer. I don’t appear for some reason to have an unistaller.

Lefauve no you can’t have both 4 and 4.5 at the same time.

I think that is the exact same error I was getting trying to install the final release for 4.5 (except mine was the 32bit) :(  I never got the error with the program install but it never did attempt to uninstall the previous version so I had to cancel the install and manually uninstall the older one first. I did get the error with the Genesis file though immediatly after opening it. The previous version I had never put an installer in. Nearly all Daz installers lock up on the “Daz3D Store.ico” file at the end and I usually have to crash the installer to get the stupid thing closed so it can’t add the uninstaller :(  It has been doing this since they started using those Bitrock installers whenever that was. It was never a problem before that :(

If you keep getting it, either try to reinstall the old content and make sure an uninstaller gets added, or if it’s like my case and the uninstaller just would not add at all, create a new runtime and reinstall everything :( At least my DS4 runtime was a different folder so it’s not as much to reinstall, but it’s the point. We shouldn’t have to go through a huge hassle like this every time we went to update! :(

*wonders how to get the update* This has become so completely unfair to dialup users it’s not even funny and I’m loosing interest in the hobby completely :(

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

vampireGARUUUUUUUUUUU

DAZ admin ,please answer other quesiton !!
I need to install and test it for photo studio!!! though it is beta or not!
(then if I find bug, I send report OK! )

for install 4.5 new beta,

2 . I need to uninstall ds 4.5 product ver? or not? just install it and overwrite?

3. I need to uninstall,  genesis Starter Essentials contents? or just install it and overwrite?

4. I need to stop CMS before install this beta ver?

(solved) 5 I need to install some plug-in again ?  or they can run without problem with new ds 4.5 beta?
(thank you RIchard blank stare)

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  757
Joined  2012-02-12
DavidGB - 18 September 2012 11:24 AM
DAZ_bfurner - 18 September 2012 11:12 AM

Will the 1.4 content work in the public 4.5, if someone has to revert from the beta, or for people who don’t want to try the beta but are trying to keep up to date on all the massive number of content updates?

Thanks DAZ_bfurner, but could we get more details please? I like to know what’s going on. I don’t know if that is what is new but I’ve seen that there is an option to support DS 4.0x versions along with some changes in the categories. The 4.0x support is good for people sticking with the previous version. Anyway, I’ve installed it without any problem ,got to test it now

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08
kitakoredaz - 18 September 2012 11:37 AM

vampireGARUUUUUUUUUUU

DAZ admin ,please answer other quesiton !!
I need to install and test it for photo studio!!! though it is beta or not!
(then if I find bug, I send report OK! )

for install 4.5 new beta,

2 . I need to uninstall ds 4.5 product ver? or not? just install it and overwrite?

3. I need to uninstall,  genesis Starter Essentials contents? or just install it and overwrite?

4. I need to stop CMS before install this beta ver?

(solved) 5 I need to install some plug-in again ?  or they can run without problem with new ds 4.5 beta?
(thank you RIchard blank stare)

If you want to use the new Beta, you will have to uninstall DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Version. We do not recommend running two versions of DS 4 on your machine.

When you install the new Genesis Starter Essentials, it will uninstall the older version and write the new version.

No need to stop the CMS, just close DAZ Studio when installing the new Genesis Starter Essentials.

To answer another question, you can use the new Genesis Starter Essentials in the current release of DAZ Studio 4.5.

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-24

thak you,, then I want to know more clear about uninstall.

I understand I may need to uninstall ds 4.5 product ver, if I try to ds 4.5 beta,
then ,,

it is better uninstall ds 4.5, before install ds 4.5 beta? which is safety?:coolcheese:

and,, if I want to return ds 4.5 (I am coward,because I get duplicated many files when first install 4.5 rc,, from 4.0.3
can I get buck without problem all contents and scene? (with some handmade porducts meta-data)
if I do not overwrite files in ds 4.5:blank:

Posted: 18 September 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14245
Joined  2003-10-09

The new version will ask to uninstall the older, if you haven’t already done so. It doesn’t matter which way you do it. I haven’t tried, but data on your machine (other than the included content) won’t be affected so you should be able to roll back OK.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 18 September 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-24

thank youuuuuu RICHARD!!!  cool smile

3 of 12